PDA

View Full Version : Marv

Yooformula
10-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Good to see ya dood. Beautiful car btw!! Too bad we didnt get any real runs in, it would have been nice to see what they do in the cool weather. Maybe next week.

Kory 88Iroc lt1
10-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Yosef
It was good to see you out there today, It's been a long time. How was your last run? Did you run better? I'm pretty happy with 114mph. But it will take a few more passes to get used to the drag radials. You should have stayed a little longer. After we got done running I went and complained to Marcel the owner. I told him I thought it was unfair that the slick tired cars made so many passes while my group only got 1 to 2 each. to make a long story short he gave each person in my group a free pass for next time.
Anyway it was good seeing you.
Later
Kory

Yooformula
10-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Hey Kory, it was good seeing you too! I lost track of ya towards the end so Marv and I hit it once our last runs were done. I didnt do any better for my last run either. I was too scared to lean into it with the new clutch. I granny shifted something nasty and spun like no other out the hole so I just tossed the timeslips. I just chaulked it up to a nice day out to the track for fun. Your car is hauling a$$ btw, congrats :3gears:

Kory 88Iroc lt1
10-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Thats cool, At least you got a couple of passes in. There is always time for fine tuning. I can't wait until I can get some more passes under my belt. I need to learn to make the most of the drag radials. I hope to have my new rear end done soon. Then I can launch without worrying about blowing up the 9 bolt. Anyway it was cool getting out and seeing you and Marv. Hopefully next time everyone gets out we can get more than a couple of passes in.
Kory

PARALYZER
10-25-2004, 03:15 AM
Hey it was good seeing you guys.
Yeah, $30 for 2 runs doesnt seem worth the money. I think they should have a set time for street cars and set time for the monsters. After all, every 2-3 monsters were breaking, that what was causing all of the downtime. No street cars broke.
Anyway, thats life.
You got hella trap speed Kory. Nice going. Wait til it gets cooler :D
My car seems very consistent, and I am happy. I will not bother coming back until I do mods, I have made about 12 runs stock and have enough data now. Time to mod!!!

Yeah Yos, I hear ya about granny shifting. Call me Ma Bell :D

GRNDNL
10-25-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm ASSuming you guys went on Sunday......I was at Byron for a Buick meet, 50 or so buicks, another 50 or so F-bodys, 25 or so Lightings, 450 cars total there :wooo 300 were just test and tune. Had a 2 1/2 hour clean-up for a oil down, finished up about 7:00pm, the only lights were the score boards and headlamps from the cars.......... :rolleyes: Man I hate that place.......http://www.v8buick.com/images/smilies/rant.gif

How'ed It run Yoos?......

BAD LS1
10-25-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm ASSuming you guys went on Sunday......I was at Byron for a Buick meet, 50 or so buicks, another 50 or so F-bodys, 25 or so Lightings, 450 cars total there :wooo 300 were just test and tune. Had a 2 1/2 hour clean-up for a oil down, finished up about 7:00pm, the only lights were the score boards and headlamps from the cars.......... :rolleyes: Man I hate that place.......http://www.v8buick.com/images/smilies/rant.gif

How'ed It run Yoos?......

You may not like it... but i love that track!! when i was down there i was dead hooking from 6K. But yeah when i was there the lanes were clogged up with bracket racing rail cars and stuff too for eliminations and test and tuners.
But it wasat least daylight when i was messing around down there.
Nothing like the feeling of racing straight towards a nuclear power plant!! :rockwoot:

GRNDNL
10-25-2004, 10:32 AM
You may not like it... but i love that track!! when i was down there i was dead hooking from 6K. But yeah when i was there the lanes were clogged up with bracket racing rail cars and stuff too for eliminations and test and tuners.
But it wasat least daylight when i was messing around down there.
Nothing like the feeling of racing straight towards a nuclear power plant!! :rockwoot:

Ya...well, Its easier to hook going down hill......... :goof I've had a few bad experiences there......Out of all the 20 or so tracks I've been to Byron and US41 are the worst, no doubt........ :rolleyes:

You going to the Grove next Sat....... :confused

BAD LS1
10-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Me?? next sat? no... car is put away, rear end sounds like a crashing prop plane, the motor is just plain old worn the hell out, so it doesnt really pay for me to go and oil down the track, the car has been getting slower and slower... you know the signs of death... LOTS of oil out the breather, 1 qt of oil to 500 miles, HUGE leakdown. It did run half way decent for the problems that ale it :wow

GRNDNL
10-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Me?? next sat? no... car is put away, rear end sounds like a crashing prop plane, the motor is just plain old worn the hell out, so it doesnt really pay for me to go and oil down the track, the car has been getting slower and slower... you know the signs of death... LOTS of oil out the breather, 1 qt of oil to 500 miles, HUGE leakdown. It did run half way decent for the problems that ale it :wow

Thats what you get for racing that Hoopy old junk, maybe someday you'll step up to a V6...... :alcoholic :rolf

I've got a factory stock short block in my car now, I've been calling it my "Oil Spreader"...... :rockwoot: Waiting on the Big Bang..... :-P

BAD LS1
10-25-2004, 11:12 AM
I've been calling it my "Oil Spreader"...... :rockwoot: Waiting on the Big Bang..... :-P

Bwahahahah I like that name for it!!

When i did the leakdown test for #5 it blew the dipstick out when ramping it up to TDC :wow

Is it normal to be able to rock the pistons in the bores on the wrist pins and see the top rings plain as day and have to look at the bores with a flash light to see the "cross hatch under glass" :confused Guess those new heads with fresh valves and increased compression had something to do with it :goof all that extra compression had to go somewhere other than making more power :thumbsup

GRNDNL
10-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Is it normal to be able to rock the pistons in the bores on the wrist pins and see the top rings plain as day and have to look at the bores with a flash light to see the "cross hatch under glass" :confused

Sounds normal For a Chevvvvy.............. :shades

You goin' to a V-Tech?.......heard they'll get you in the 12s all motor..... :goof Oh and don't forget a blue air filter......nother 20hp..... :punch:

BAD LS1
10-25-2004, 11:37 AM
You goin' to a V-Tech?.......heard they'll get you in the 12s all motor..... :goof Oh and don't forget a blue air filter......nother 20hp..... :punch:

Ill be doing the conversion to V-TAK this winter (Variable-Tacticle Ass Kicker)

I think that is the answer to my problems...

Wow we really jacked Yoos thread didnt we?? opps :tomato

jbiscuit
10-25-2004, 12:08 PM
quit makin fun of the V-TACH

ha ha ha ha, the "oil spreader"

:stare

GRNDNL
10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Wow we really jacked Yoos thread didnt we?? opps :tomato

Thats all right, I saw on another post that he's a "Dildo" anyway.... :rolf

SSmike1
10-25-2004, 12:32 PM