PDA

View Full Version : I just saw a new body style Mustang!

Yooformula
10-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Interesting to say the least. IMO, I am not a fan of what was old should now be new so to me at first glance it looked like an old mustang. I personally am not a fan of old school mustangs at all. I really like the 97-04 body styles and think they are very aggressive and stylish. The new old school looks like poo imo. It doesnt have to look old to give a nod to its heritage, some simple styling cues would have been suffice. Oh well, maybe it'll grow on me. Oh yeah, it was a boring gray with a V6.

Prince Valiant
10-22-2004, 03:53 PM
See, I differ. I LOVE the new stang...

I've always felt that the original lines were timeless, and imo, the new stang has proven such. It's a beautiful car...I would have a tough time not buying one if I was in the market for a new car.

I wish each of the manufactuers would come out with a retro styled version of their great "pony" cars...the camaro/TA (which I think is likely) and the cuda/challenger all would look great with modern lines applied them...

Still dislike the mod motors, though they did alleviate a complaint of mine to a degree by going with the 3V heads....

Maybe the girlfriend is stick of her old VW :xmas

Rocket Power
10-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah I dig the new one :rockwoot:
Now I just need a better paying job :goof

SMS 1
10-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Definately gotta go with the crowd on this one. I like the oldschool Mustangs. 67fastbacks and 70 MACH's are my fav's and I think the new one holds pretty close to those. The v6 models ALWAYS look like ass imo though, wait to see a v8.

JC70SS
10-22-2004, 06:32 PM
ugly!

Yooformula
10-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Its possible the V6 left a sour taste as it looked too bland but personally I still never cared for the old school styling. :confused Well see.

Cryptic
10-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Cervinis can fix it up

http://www.cervinis.com/NewFiles/elenrteasr.jpg

Junky Giorgio
10-23-2004, 04:10 AM
as soon as i get one of the new 2005 GT mustangs in stock i will post and let you guys know and meet up at oscars to show you guys an up close view of it. I'm in sales at BRAEGER FORD by the way and i got it ok'd by my boss to take it out to Oscars as soon as we get one in which should be within the next week or two. It looks soo sexy in pictures though... :Hump

Flight_740
10-23-2004, 09:27 AM
The new ones look like the old ones with a different front clip and rear bumper and lights. Nothing new IMO. :rolleyes:

Knyghtmare
10-23-2004, 02:32 PM
There is a magazine article, I forget which magazine. They published an article saying that GM confirmed the return of the Camaro in 2007, but no other details were given. I'll see if I can find it.

Al
10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
The prototype looked much better than the production model. The hood on the production one has a square front to it while the prototype had the outer corners bent around the grill, which looked better.

Bad-TSi
10-24-2004, 03:54 AM
I like the new body style.

and the 69 Boss 429 is the sweetest lookin mustang evar!!

SMS 1
10-24-2004, 03:58 AM
There is a magazine article, I forget which magazine. They published an article saying that GM confirmed the return of the Camaro in 2007, but no other details were given. I'll see if I can find it.

:wooo WOOT! Hadn't heard that, kick ass. Eh they'll probably screw that up horrendously though. Guess they figured out that absolutely NO-ONE will buy an SSR huh?

SSR = Worst PR stunt since the Edsel :tomato

Yooformula
10-24-2004, 04:13 AM
Ok, I did see a black GT tonight on my way to work and I gotta say those 4 lights up front are very cool looking at night! The car looked a little better with 2 tips and wider tires on it. Still undecided if I like it though. The black did look sharp though.

Bad-TSi
10-24-2004, 06:01 PM
SSR = Worst PR stunt since the Edsel :tomato
Yeah, damn that gay SSR, they could have made it sooo mutch cooler, and cheaper. That was a very Chryslerish move.