PDA

View Full Version : Progress...sorta

blyth18md
10-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Well heres some pictures of the beast....progress is slow I get to work on it for but 3 hours a week..school sucks, but im getting paid to go and i get to work on my car so heres some pics.

www.cardomain.com/id/slowcamaro

I have since strippped the front fenders and rear decklid. thursday i plan on sandblasting the rust off the decklid and stripping the rear quarters...3 hours isnt much time though.

Also I'll be replace the front cover as it is warped in the headlight pocket area, and im going to be getting a flat hood(35 bucks)! I hit bondo when stripping the iroc hood that was on it. and the new flat hood will give me room to do black heritage stripes

any input? suggestions?

PonyKiller87
10-19-2004, 12:11 PM
I know how you feel, Its tough trying to work on a car while working and going to school. Its looking pretty good for 3 hrs a week though.

what are you going to do with that hood when you put the flat one on? If you want to get rid of it I would gladly take it off your hands.

blyth18md
10-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Well Id let ya have it if i could, but as the name states in in maryland and shipping the hood would probably cost more than its worth.

i'l prolly just try to get 35 bucks out of it to cover the new one.

blyth18md
12-27-2004, 03:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/splbassx/Camaro%20Painted/Orange01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/splbassx/Camaro%20Painted/Orange03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/splbassx/Camaro%20Painted/Orange05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/splbassx/Camaro%20Painted/Orange09.jpg

Prince Valiant
12-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Looking good, how is the 400 coming? Started or are you still looking?

blyth18md
12-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Well i just sunk alot into my suspension... buying little things trying to get it all tied up before i start buying parts for the engine build...I have a motor waiting...its still in the truck and i can pull it anytime. Its just right now i dont have the cash to start the build.

I have most of the combo picked out now though. I'll send ya what im thinking about if youre interested. Let me know.

Prince Valiant
12-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Just post it up...what are your HP goals?

blyth18md
12-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Id be happy as long as i get 375 or so to the wheels. Not going for an all out drag beast...Suspension is number 1 priority right now..Id doubt it ever sees a road course but maybe the occasional autoX..I want it to be capable though..

Shooting for 9.5-10:1 compression

crank- cola forged
rods- eagle forged h-beams
pistons- srp forged pistons 9.8 compression (w/64 cc heads)
heads- 215cc Dart Iron Eagle Heads 64cc
cam- XR288HR
intake- edelbrock rpm air gap
carb- holley 750 DP w/ electric choke

Prince Valiant
12-28-2004, 11:53 PM
Id be happy as long as i get 375 or so to the wheels. Not going for an all out drag beast...Suspension is number 1 priority right now..Id doubt it ever sees a road course but maybe the occasional autoX..I want it to be capable though..

Shooting for 9.5-10:1 compression

crank- cola forged
rods- eagle forged h-beams
pistons- srp forged pistons 9.8 compression (w/64 cc heads)
heads- 215cc Dart Iron Eagle Heads 64cc
cam- XR288HR
intake- edelbrock rpm air gap
carb- holley 750 DP w/ electric choke To be honest, you don't need all that to get the desired power levels...you could build it alot cheaper by using a reground stock crank, decent rods (h beams would be heavy overkill at that power level) and the same with forged pistons...just decent flat-top cast units would do....that is unless you plan on running shots of nitrous greater than 125hp.

The heads that you want are also seriously big...and more suited for more of a drag motor. While the large bore will work fine with the 2.05 intake valve, your intake velocity would be down, making even the relatively large 400+ci v8 feel a little on the soft side at rpms below 3500. The Dart 200's would give you all the flow you need to make as much as 450+whp (~550 at the crank, if that's what you wanted) while keeping your intake velocity relatively high making for a satisfying STREET/strip motor...

With those heads, the cam you've spec'd would be pretty decent. Might actually want to try a little smaller with the same 110 LSA (like a 284). You'll get an easier to tune engine with only a slight decrease in PEAK hp...average power numbers would be with a hp or two....peak numbers probably within 5-10 or so...both should easily get your HP goals though.

Your compression goals are good...try to select a piston that will give you a true zero deck. If for whatever reason you went with AL heads (like AFR 190's, hint hint!) try to increase the CR by a full point. It would be safe, even on a street motor.

Great intake and great carb...try to get 1 3/4 inch headers for this motor...otherwise the exhaust will be it's biggest bottleneck.

With that, 375 at the wheels would be a cake walk. Crank numbers (wheel numbers have to many variables down the line) would probably be in the 450+-475+ range at around ~5500-6000rpm, with ~ 500+ft-lbs of torque at around 4000-4300rpm easy.
:thumbsup

blyth18md
12-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Yeah i was thinking about a 284 and I thought the 215's might be a little much. So i'll probably take your advice there.

Im defiantely going with a forged bottom end, incase i do decide to spray it later down the road.

As far as headers I already have hedman elites and probably wont upgrade for a while