PDA

View Full Version : Workin on the 64

Rocket Power
10-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Since there hasn't been much activity here in the last week, I figured I'd bore you with what I have been doing lately.
So after the 86 was really pissin me off I decided to start working on the 64. I was wondering how bad the sills were going to be under the windshield and rear window. So I start to pull off the stainless trim. Somewhere along the line someone thought than siliconing the trim to the windshield would be a good idea :fire So I already knew the windshield and rear window were leakers :(
Well it turns out the windows were only attached to the car by about 6" of butyl rubber or what ever it was that they used back then. Hmmm no wonder they leaked. :rolleyes: But at least it was easy to get the glass out. Turns out the sills were'nt too bad.
So as it sits right now I have:
1) the front end torn off
2) the drivers floor cut out and ready for the new pan after I buy/put in the new floor braces
3) the new axle is in (8.5" 3.42)
4) front and rear glass out
5) no drive train in it.

So yep it's just about ready . :alcoholic :goof
If things go halfway decent it shoud be drivable in spring. Not sure if it's getting my BBO or not yet.

PB86MCSS
10-18-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm ASS-uming its getting painted and whatnot over winter being stripped down? Sounds like a fun project...

Prince Valiant
10-18-2004, 11:21 PM
wren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-daywren-ching-day :rolf

Rocket Power
10-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Paint is for sissies :rolf
First plan is to get the body in one piece, ie. weld in the new metal where it needs it. then work from there. Mechanically I have all the stuff. It's going to get the front discs from my Vista. I am not manly enough for 4 wheel drums, especially not manual ones :goof
As usual finances will dictate the pace at which it gets done, but bonus tme is in January :) So I will get the pieces I don't have now by then.

Rocket Power
10-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Wheeled it out of the garage for a quick pic.