PDA

View Full Version : beating the crap out of $90k

Cryptic
10-15-2004, 11:12 PM
thats what I did today. Mercedes is having an event down in Chicago. You get to test drive all their cars. Basically they have a autocross course in the parking lot of Arlington Raceway (horse track).

http://lovemercedestour.com/default.asp

You can still sign up and go down there and burn up some tires and brakes.
I drove the SL500 and the CLK500. (also had the 350 series, but I didnt get a chance to check them out.) Drove the awd S500 on a seperate course they had setup.

For having a 5.0L 302 HP motor, they dont let you really tap into it. They are so computer controlled and dumbed down so any idiot can sit in the driver seat and drive it. Takes away all driving from the driver. Great for stabilty of the car and all... sure it can stop fast, and is difficult to MAKE the car loose control.
It's like the driver just provides suggestions to the car and the computer does the rest. Still I got to burn the tires around some turns and was worth the drive down there. It's going on for awhile if you care to take the 1.5 drive down there.

I'm always seeking another driver experience.

Cryptic
10-16-2004, 03:05 PM
*shameless bump*

SMS 1
10-16-2004, 03:35 PM
It's over tommorow and according to the Registration page you need to be "invited". :lame:

That sucks I'd like to go :burnout :3gears:

Cryptic
10-16-2004, 06:27 PM
friday they allowed walk-ins at the door

I just signed up before on the webpage... weird