PDA

View Full Version : RA in 1 more day!

SSmike1
10-14-2004, 09:46 AM
I was packing up for RA this weekend, last night,
running around like a little kid in a candy store,
all excited,...

and my wife gets pissed off at me, cause she asked me to help her with something silly, and i said no.

woo wee, i got my @$$ reamed. :) :xmas :-P :hump2:

im sorry,
i just am acting like a little boy, getting a new Christmas toy!!!!!
I get to drive Road America Race Track!!!!!!!
:thumbsup
:Hump

ffvetteman
10-14-2004, 07:24 PM
I hear ya, see ya there!!!

GTSLOW
10-14-2004, 11:40 PM
werd

SSmike1
10-15-2004, 06:18 AM
tomorrow is here!
its friday!

Friday night seminar,
then we wake up to the SOUND OF MOTORS!
on a race track!!!!!!!

i will think i have died & gone to heaven tomorrow morning!

I can walk around in the PITS, and pretend i am Mario Andretti,
or Matt Kenseth,
and My Crew & i are Taking Road America by the horns,
and guna win the Race today!!!!!!!
:wooo

opps, that is right,
its just a lapping event.

darn, :(

I can dream tho!

SSmike1
10-18-2004, 08:04 AM
OMG
what a blast we had this weekend!

YAHOO,
just something about going 140MPH
and sliding around turns at 70 to 90 MPH
that just gets my addrenaline going!!!!!!!

fun fun fun
:banana

JRink
10-18-2004, 09:33 AM
A great great weekend. April can't come soon enough.

So did you and 96s10 leave early on Sunday or something? I saw your cars in the paddock on Saturday. Sunday I ran the first two sessions in D group and went looking for you afterwards but your cars weren't there the rest of the day? What happened?

Jesse
91 Stealth RT/TT

http://www.w3si.org/images/speedseekers-october04/Jesse%20Rink%20turn%2012.jpg
http://www.w3si.org/images/speedseekers-october04/Jesse%20Rink%20turn%205.jpg

GTSLOW
10-18-2004, 02:17 PM
A great great weekend. April can't come soon enough.

So did you and 96s10 leave early on Sunday or something? I saw your cars in the paddock on Saturday. Sunday I ran the first two sessions in D group and went looking for you afterwards but your cars weren't there the rest of the day? What happened?

Jesse
91 Stealth RT/TT

http://www.w3si.org/images/speedseekers-october04/Jesse%20Rink%20turn%2012.jpg
http://www.w3si.org/images/speedseekers-october04/Jesse%20Rink%20turn%205.jpg

Weird we were there the whole day for both days?!?! I bumped up to C group on sunday!! It made the day SOOOO much more enjoyable!! When I was in D group I kept coming up and those older vettes and porches and they would not let me by!! I dunno if it was the "the hell an s10 is gonna pass my vette or porche" mindset or if they were scared to be passed??? Oh well it was still TONS of fun!

SSmike1
10-18-2004, 03:04 PM
wow Jesse

we were there till 6PM sunday, till it started getting dark!

LOL

:)
:)

JRink
10-18-2004, 04:05 PM
That doesn't make sense... grr. I saw the s10 on the track earlier in the day, and saw the black camaro (saw the license plate) coming off the track once. The next 3 or 4 times I went up and down the paddock, neither of your cars were there. The one time (Saturday) I saw both of your cars, I went up to them but no one was there except a few woman and I didn't know if they were with you or from the cars next to you. I did see your Bush/Chaney 04 sticker though, lol. :thumbsup

Jesse
PS - I agree with the slow cars in D. The only thing that passed me was that new C5 modded Vette. it sounded bad ass! Everything else, it was like, "get outa my way!" :D There were a few cars that wouldn't let me by until they got the blue/yellow flag.

SSmike1
10-19-2004, 06:24 AM
Jesse,
we pitted on sunday, on the grass, right in front of the Bathrooms,
towards that tunnel that goes under the track.

What color car do you have? stealth rt.

One of those girls was probably my wife?

See Ya In April!
Nan will be back in south Korea, hes in the Army, home on leave.

:wooo

JRink
10-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Ahh... You goofs, why'd you change where you pitted? It never occured to me you guys might have moved locations. I figured everyone just stays where they are, hehe.

I had a red stealth rt/tt with me over the weekend (http://www.w3si.org/images/speedseekers-october04/Jesse%20Rink%20turn%2012.jpg). Only ran it twice in D group on Sunday (split time). I also ran a maroon colored stealth rt/tt back in April in group D. It's such a blast. I wish I had more track time under my belt. In April I ran 5 sessions, in June I ran 4 sessions at Gingerman before I spun a bearing, and this weekend I just ran 2 sessions. The car holds its own though, considering there's no performance mods done to it, just track pads and toyo proxy ra-1 tires. Brakes seem to make all the difference, I think that's the only reason I was whizzing by people is because I could brake a lot later than what everyone else seemed to be doing in group D (except for that damn silver C5 vette that was hauling ass).

I wish I had bumped into you guys up there. I haven't met many of the BCM crowd at all (I'm not really a hwy100 guy) with the exception of HeatSeeker (John) and a few others.

Jesse

GTSLOW
10-19-2004, 12:23 PM
LOL! We didn't have a choice to change pits. We got there late on sunday and that was the only place to go :(