PDA

View Full Version : GM parts catalogs??? HELP

GTSLOW
10-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Ok is there somewhere I can go to look at a part number catalog?? In the army we have a big manual for the humvee it breaks everything down and gives part numbers.

The reason I ask is I need one for a 96 S10 so I can find the A/C delete Idler pulley! I go to the dealer and the guy can never find it :(

It's really pissing me the F off because now my ac pump is squeeking cuz the bearing or whatever is going in it!

GTSLOW
10-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Bump!

Max 93
10-11-2004, 05:30 PM
can you just run the belt differantly?

Syclone0044
10-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Just visit www.rockauto.com they have one of the best databases. You can always take your part numbers to www.gmpartsdirect.com and find out the List Price which is what you can expect the dealer to charge.

I don't know what dealer you are going to but they must be real losers to not be able to find the part for you.. They have the best exploded-view parts diagrams available.. I've never had a problem at the dealer I go to unless I ask for parts specific to my obscure limited edition vehicles... But that is something I've come to expect.

GTSLOW
10-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Well its funny cuz gm shows a way to run the belt without ac. But the non a/c trucks had an idler pulley? Idiots I say!!! Well I'm gonna try breager tomorrow! If they give me any problems I'm gonna have chris whip em up :D

GRNDNL
10-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Well its funny cuz gm shows a way to run the belt without ac. But the non a/c trucks had an idler pulley? Idiots I say!!! Well I'm gonna try breager tomorrow! If they give me any problems I'm gonna have chris whip em up :D

I just got one today for my car, got the part# at the shop, I'll post it tomorrow. Believe it or not Greenfield GM stocks them.... :thumbsup

GTSLOW
10-11-2004, 08:30 PM
I just got one today for my car, got the part# at the shop, I'll post it tomorrow. Believe it or not Greenfield GM stocks them.... :thumbsup

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried looking at that site but I can't get java to work!! ARGGGGGG so close to no a/c

Corvette Jabo
10-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Just visit www.rockauto.com they have one of the best databases. You can always take your part numbers to www.gmpartsdirect.com and find out the List Price which is what you can expect the dealer to charge.

I don't know what dealer you are going to but they must be real losers to not be able to find the part for you.. They have the best exploded-view parts diagrams available.. I've never had a problem at the dealer I go to unless I ask for parts specific to my obscure limited edition vehicles... But that is something I've come to expect.

Josh, thanks for the heads up in Rock Auto, great site.

Jabo

GRNDNL
10-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried looking at that site but I can't get java to work!! ARGGGGGG so close to no a/c

The Part# is 10118713 list price is $45.83. I can sell you one for $41.66 plus tax if Hartland's a closer drive for you. I was told this is for a 4.3 S-10 w/o air. I know it fits Turbo Regals. If you want it give me a call 262-367-8000 days.

GTSLOW
10-12-2004, 11:12 AM
The Part# is 10118713 list price is $45.83. I can sell you one for $41.66 plus tax if Hartland's a closer drive for you. I was told this is for a 4.3 S-10 w/o air. I know it fits Turbo Regals. If you want it give me a call 262-367-8000 days.

Well I went to napa cross referenced that number at got this:

http://img.s10forum.com/album1782/aaa.sized.jpg

I had to get a new belt ofcourse too

grndnl you are my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!