10-11-2004, 01:10 PM
http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=170270&GT1=5472

Teufelhunden
10-11-2004, 01:24 PM
<salute>
http://www.drudgereport.com/cr.jpg

Knyghtmare
10-11-2004, 03:01 PM
This is a really shitty way to die for someone who has struggled this long and this hard to overcome something like this and try to walk again. Not to mention someone who has made such a huge impact on the spinal cord research industry and given hope to so many... I guess "god" doesnt want us to have hope for people like this to walk again. I mean a ******* bed sore? Give me a ******* break... how stupid is that? ******* bullshit if you ask me.

Cryptic
10-11-2004, 05:37 PM
yeah hard to believe thats what did him in.

93RedDevilZ28
10-11-2004, 05:50 PM
I read that is was because of caradiac arrest.

Anakonda69
10-11-2004, 05:59 PM
cardiac arrest is what i heard as well....r.i.p. christopher reeves

Syclone0044
10-11-2004, 07:05 PM
It says right in the top 2nd paragraph of the article CrypticGTX linked: "Reeve, a quadriplegic for the last nine years of his life who vowed that he would one day walk again, died Sunday of complications from an infection caused by a bedsore."

This is a really shitty way to die for someone who has struggled this long and this hard to overcome something like this and try to walk again. Not to mention someone who has made such a huge impact on the spinal cord research industry and given hope to so many... I guess "god" doesnt want us to have hope for people like this to walk again. I mean a ******* bed sore? Give me a ******* break... how stupid is that? ******* bullshit if you ask me.

I'm with you, man. Sure seems like evidence that prayer doesn't work. What about all the people praying for Reeve's recovery over the last 9 years? I bet they are awfully disappointed.

Sorry to Reeve that he went out this way, wish his vow to walk again one day would have come true for him :(

Scales
10-11-2004, 07:10 PM
I heard on the news this morning it was heart failure. Either way, it sucks!

Prince Valiant
10-11-2004, 11:17 PM
The actual cause is basically is as follows...decubital ulcer (bed sore) becomes an opening for an opportunistic infection...the infection then spreads and becomes a "systemic" infection throughout the body...meaning the infection has now moved through to other parts of the system and is thus attacking elsewhere as well...the heart is very sensitive to infection and inflammation and therefore very susceptible to failure.

Go Speed
10-13-2004, 09:38 AM
but you know... he'd be alive today if the dems were in office. :rolleyes: