PDA

View Full Version : New red 2wd Chevy shortbox

Bad-TSi
10-11-2004, 08:15 AM
I saw this truck on hwy a few months ago, it was a red, lowered shortbox standard cab 1/2ton Chev. He took off from the light and it sounded pretty nice, and did a nice wheelhopping burner. Anyone know who this cat is?

jbiscuit
10-12-2004, 10:58 AM
does it have black stripes on it? If it does its that kid that has had the truck into Holz like 3 times for trans issues. My roommate's dad works at Holz and was cruising a red one also as a demo. Truck has headers and a K&N filter intake as well as massive Baer Brakes.

Bad-TSi
10-13-2004, 09:55 PM
I don't think it had stripes, but it did have chrome rims.

PonyKiller87
10-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Might be the Joe Gibbs truck that Holz had on the lot a few weeks ago, pretty sure that thing was red ???

Bad-TSi
10-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Might be the Joe Gibbs truck that Holz had on the lot a few weeks ago, pretty sure that thing was red ???
Yeah, it was read. And it also had a rear roll pan with exhaust cutouts in it and custom tips. Maybe the factory parts from the Silverado SS I think??

Red97GTP
10-22-2004, 11:02 AM
It wouldn't have been the Joe Gibbs. That one is supercharged and I believe all of them are black. The red one that you guys are talking about is called a Regency. My brother works at Holz and he says the trans, clutch, and differential have all been replaced before 10,000 miles, and needs new tires already! :3gears:

Brian

Bad-TSi
10-24-2004, 06:18 PM
My brother works at Holz and he says the trans, clutch, and differential have all been replaced before 10,000 miles, and needs new tires already! :3gears:

Brian
Yeah, it looked like that guy was pounding the snot out of it. Cool truck though. They really should have made the SS like that. A 2wd, standard cab, short bed like the Lightning.

Anakonda69
10-24-2004, 11:54 PM
me and kev saw that truck up on a rack at holtz when i went to pick up my new diff cover....guy in the parts dept said they had to have a gm rep come so next time the warranty will not cover his overabuse of the truck....he does like 5 grand clutch sidesteps at 40......the clutch plates were so bad they took pix to add to their "****ed up" file.....he needed a clutch, tranny, and the right rear tire had like 1/8 inch of tread left on it.....guess he really punds the **** out of it pretty much all the time....

Bad-TSi
10-25-2004, 07:34 AM
^LOL!!

Yeah, he was certainly beating on it when I saw it. Wheel-hopping all over the place. :wow

jbiscuit
10-25-2004, 12:20 PM
yeah thats it then, the red Regency.....super cool truck but not for $30K+ :burnout