PDA

View Full Version : Ten and a half hours of racing. DId you get enough passes?

Greg@GLD
10-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Just wondering if those of you from this site who came to my playground yesterday got enough passes in? After all, it's GLD, and we all know how that goes! Sorry if the track prep wasn't good. Only 7 or 8 cars broke **** on the line from hooking too hard. But then, GLD sucks, so maybe we should have had 20 break. :thumbsup

Oh yea- Whomever that was with the teal GP that spun the tires in the middle of the pits with a bunch of people around- I ever see you do that again, you won't be coming to GLD anymore. A big picture of your car will be posted in all the entry booths with a big, red X across it. :asshole

Neal Steffek
10-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Just wondering if those of you from this site who came to my playground yesterday got enough passes in? After all, it's GLD, and we all know how that goes! Sorry if the track prep wasn't good. Only 7 or 8 cars broke **** on the line from hooking too hard. But then, GLD sucks, so maybe we should have had 20 break. :thumbsup

Oh yea- Whomever that was with the teal GP that spun the tires in the middle of the pits with a bunch of people around- I ever see you do that again, you won't be coming to GLD anymore. A big picture of your car will be posted in all the entry booths with a big, red X across it. :asshole

I wasn't there but I am going to guess that GLD still suck's the fat one, like always. Thanks for letting me feeel good inside knowing I didn't waste any $ there this year. (I even have a free pass for this year and have not used it) :banana

srt4eh
10-10-2004, 11:51 AM
i thought it was good....its just that my tires suck and I have no traction whatsoever.... :3gears:

Crawlin
10-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Greg post the picture of my fully prepped race car and what the track prep did to it :) If someone says GLD never hooks, man are they mistaken.

And with all the breakage, they still got everything back up and running again. EVEN with the one person who oiled down the WHOLE track. I've seen it take an hour to get back and ready at other track. What did it take you guys? 15 minutes maybe?

Chris

POST the pic!!

Cryptic
10-10-2004, 12:49 PM
I think I got 4 passes and Chris took 2 in the rx7.
Plenty for me... I still need more practice though.

I spend good amount of time doing video... which I'll post later today.

T-Bag
10-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I coulda have made A LOT of passes, but I ran 2 passes, made my goal and didn't want to run. Well, my buddy convinced me to take another pass, so I ran 3. The line was long on the third pass, but since my first two passes were early it didn't take too long to stage.

Chris, I said the same thing as you did pretty much when I saw your car break "HOLY SH!T THAT THING HOOKED!". Dude, you would have had an awesome pass that time. That car just sounds so mean, I love everything about it.

Crawlin
10-10-2004, 01:24 PM
1.46 60ft on my 3rd pass in my 6speed car :) hanging the hoops bout waist hgh. need to get my buddy brad to get me those pics and videos.

Chris

Ka24et
10-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Posting for Top Street Performance staff: We had a great time at the track. 11.05 @129 was not to bad for a car that was put together over the past 2 weeks. We were hoping for 10's in the worst way, but it just didnt come. It was still a great time with some fast cars.

GTSLOW
10-10-2004, 01:41 PM
It didn't look to me like anyone was having trouble hooking?

I liked watching chris leave tho, those slicks are awsome and hook quite nice if I may say from a spectators point of view :D

Bad-TSi
10-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Posting for Top Street Performance staff: We had a great time at the track. 11.05 @129 was not to bad for a car that was put together over the past 2 weeks. We were hoping for 10's in the worst way, but it just didnt come. It was still a great time with some fast cars.

I think you guys need some better tires on that car, those Falkens were teh suckage yesterday. But at least the car stayed in one piece. :thumbsup

MY4RCDGSX
10-10-2004, 08:21 PM
I think you guys need some better tires on that car, those Falkens were teh suckage yesterday. But at least the car stayed in one piece. :thumbsup

True, the car did stay in one piece, which is definitely something that we were looking for. :3gears: However, at that power level, even AWD cars have trouble hooking. Look at Shep, Buschur, or anyone else that leaves the line hard (did you stay to see Ray's Galant run? He even had slicks!) Its just one of those things that happen.

There are of course things that still have to be addressed with the car. Suspension is definitely one along with alignment. Unfortunately, those two were ones that we just didn't get to before we left the shop yesterday at 5:30am. :goof

Again though, thanks to everyone for letting us do our thing. It was great meeting and greeting with everyone at the track yesterday, and talking to people about cars in general. It was great to finally have a day without bickering, or shi!t talking and just hang out with general "ethusiasts."

-Ramon, and the Top Street Staff

GRNDNL
10-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Best prepaired track I've been on all year, no doubt... :thumbsup My 3685 lbs Buick went a 1.48, 1.45 and a 1.42 60 ft that was a dead hook, it hasn't done that all year. Ran within .02 of my best ever with that nasty head wind.... :cool2:

Chris......Man, Your car really leaves nice when you keep the wheels on it.... :goof Glad it wasn't as bad as it looked....

A Eagle Talon that runs 11.0s @ almost 130 is just wrong...very very wrong... :wow

Memphis
10-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Had a great time, talked with alot of good friends and got in quite a few passes. Car ran great, track was great, weather was great. Its a shame some people dont appreciate the work it takes to run an event like that. Already looking forward to next years event!!