PDA

View Full Version : Need to Borrow/rent a Heated garage spot for a few hours

03CVLX
02-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Hey guys,

I need a small favor, the front passenger window regulator on my expedition decided to crap out. I was able to get the window closed, but I have to replace it soon. Because if it gets rolled down again, I don't think I will be able to Get it closed.

Wondering if anyone has access to a heated garage or knows of a good place I could go that my truck would fit inside of where I can replace the part myself.

I have already done the drivers side window regulator last summer so I am familiar with the process. I think it took me roughly 4 hours that time but I was back and forth between a YouTube video and the manual a lot too. Hopefully, barring any issues I can cut the repair time in half this time. I still have to get the regulator ordered and shipped. I'm thinking a couple weeks before I'm able to actually plan an install day.

If anyone might be able to help, please shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

Tom

lit666
02-22-2015, 07:36 PM
isn't there a fix it yourself garage on silverspring near SILK?

03CVLX
02-22-2015, 07:50 PM
I forgot all about that place!! I don't know if they are still around or not. I will check into it.

Thanks, Chris!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ricky Bobby
02-25-2015, 10:19 AM
there is another one on hwy100 and coldspring

03CVLX
02-25-2015, 11:29 AM
there is another one on hwy100 and coldspring

What?? Where? I thought that was two guys automotive or something like that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spooln30
02-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Yeah Hands on Garage by Silk. Never used the place but I've heard they hound around you while your working and also try to get you to do videos for their shop.
It should take too long to replace, probably 1.5 hrs max.

03CVLX
02-27-2015, 07:04 PM
I havent yet either. Didnt hear about videos, but have heard that they bug you to buy all your parts through them.

Trying to figure out where the one on hwy 100 and coldspring is. That is 5 mins from me vs clear across town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk