PDA

View Full Version : Anyone build computers?

05caddyext
01-21-2015, 01:49 PM
I want to build a computer that will be connected to my television. I currently am just using an old slow laptop. I'd like to build a dedicated tower that is reliable. Must have hdmi outs, prefer dual monitor support if possible. Never built a computer, figure I can build a better one than I can buy in a store. I'd like to have a huge hard drive that is reliable, and a really good graphics card. Anyone?

05caddyext
01-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Oh and if it makes any difference, I never play games on the computer. My current laptop has the Intel i3 processor, and 12GB of ram, which runs everything I need it to, I'd just like a tower instead.

Flicktitty
01-21-2015, 02:17 PM
WES (ND4SPD) was doing computer stuff for a long time, I belive it was Ecker Consulting. Not sure if he still does it, If you want a non member to do it, i have a few friends who build computers i can set you up with.

The Shaolin
01-22-2015, 06:56 AM
Just get a "barebones kit" from newegg or something and add whatever you're missing. Computers are ridiculously easy to assemble.
If you're not gaming, probably just about any desktop will work. You won't need a massive video card either.

If you post a screenshot of your cart I'm sure you'll get better feedback.

DerangedPony
01-28-2015, 10:55 AM
If you still need help, you can pm me with your budget and I'll help with a build.

animal
01-28-2015, 02:21 PM
figure I can build a better one than I can buy in a store.

Not necessarily true anymore like it was a few years ago. For every awesome bare bones system I've built, I've done an awesome packaged system with some ram, ssd, and graphics card that is exactly equal or smokes the bare bones one in performance and at a lesser price. Really depends what your needs are. Real High end gaming changes a lot of things about my reply.

Gregor
01-29-2015, 11:52 AM
you have a PM,

Swags63
02-08-2015, 09:37 AM
you have a PM,
You can try Cyberpower they can build you almost anything you want and it comes with a warranty. They have tons of stuff you can customize however you would like. My computer is from there and it was about the same price as building it myself plus they always have some kind of special offer. https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/