PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 2jz VVTI, 350/370z 6 speed

Slow5oh
11-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Just like it says, looking for a 2JZGE and a 350/370z 6 speed. Cash in hand. Doesn't matter if it's stock or built, if it's built it better have receipts.

spooln30
12-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Why do you want a GE and VVTI 2jz and not the GTE? I think your better off going with a T56 verse the Nissan 6 Spd. I know there were trans problems with the first gen 350Z so I'd steer clear of those. Does anybody make an bellhousing adaptor plate for the 2j and Nissan trans? I know the V160s are the cost of a used Camry now days. Lol. But there are some idiots that heard the V160s can't be rebuilt, which isn't true, and just buy brand new V160s from Toyota. Most trans builders don't have the right tools and don't know the correct procedures for rebuilding them and they make noise right after the rebuild. There's a trans place called Jack's Transmissions in CO and they are the best V160 rebuilders in the US so if you find a V160 for cheap that needs a freshening up they're the guys. They also offer upgrades for them as well.

This is the last 2jzgte I built and this one was going to go into my MK3 Supra, it's out of a Aristo. Messed my back up and it's been on the back burner for about 1.5 years. Would love to get the car finished but money is tight right now. Goal was only 600 whp so it's got stock pistons/rods with ARP everything and the head has BC valves, springs/retainers and HKS 264 cams. Has other goodies like SP upgraded oil pump etc. Not sure what my plans are with it as of now. Looking at the pic again it sure is pretty. Lol. I always painted the blocks of the engines I've built Ford blue. Habit from this old timer who taught me how to build race engines and it stuck with me. There's actually a purpose to the blue paint. It makes finding oil leaks easier. So if you ever see an Import engine with a blue block I probably built it. There are a few Chevy and Ford small blocks out there to. :). I never got around to powder coating the valve covers. My vision was all black but using gloss and matte black. Seen something similar on another 2jz and it looked killer.

spooln30
12-03-2014, 02:44 AM
Btw what would this set up be going in? Fox body?

floaters
12-04-2014, 11:16 AM
its jacks transmissions not jakes transmissions.

spooln30
12-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Oops thought that's what I posted. Fixed. Thanks!

Slow5oh
12-04-2014, 04:36 PM
I edited my post because I meant to say NON VVTi, but that's what i ended up with anyways because I was having a hell of a time finding one. Sound can tune VVTI so it's not a big deal. I might just get a head and still go Non vvti I don't know yet.

I don't want a v160 because they are going for 5 grand. I can do the cd007 with a colins adapter kit good for 900 ft/lbs for less than 4.

Should be around 900rwhp when it's done

SP custom wiseco 10:1 pistons
BC 625+ rods
Stock crank
GSC Beehive valve springs/ti retainers
Titan billet mains
Titan cam gear
ARP hardware
PTE 6870 BB Turbo
e85

http://i.imgur.com/NZVdOPR.jpg

floaters
12-04-2014, 08:35 PM
with how much your going to have into it when its all said and done(clutch, standalone+sensors, engine work, etc) you might as well just get the v160 or just go auto :)

Slow5oh
12-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Never going auto. It's a street car not a race car ;)

heres the build thread on supra forums
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?867922-Project-Mupra

floaters
12-06-2014, 07:16 AM
sounds pretty cool, I know another guy on SF did a 2jz in a mustang a few years back and he had real good results. Keep up the good work!

Slow5oh
12-06-2014, 08:06 AM
I've been following his and TDwerkes 2j mustang builds. It will be a slow build but the end result will be worth it

-stew-
12-06-2014, 09:29 AM
You have to be a member to view the thread. Not joining. I don't need any more forum junk mail! LOL! Sounds like an interesting build.

spooln30
12-16-2014, 12:40 AM
You really don't need the Billet mains, those are for big big power. These blocks are very strong well actually the entire engine is over built in stock forum and can take a lot of power stock. Better to go over board cuz if you want more power you don't have to touch the engine again.

Slow5oh
12-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Yeah Im building it right the first time so I can go for 1000+ with turbo and injector upgrade.

spooln30
12-17-2014, 11:03 PM
I have a Ross Machine fuel rail. Imo it's the nicest rail out there and they are priced really good. Far as head gasket just stick with the OEM toyota one. I would actually just get a full gasket set from Toyota. That's what I went with and with my discount it was only like $200 or $250. Can't remember it was a few years ago.