PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Bar Rescue?

GTSLOW
09-29-2014, 08:22 PM
They're in Milwaukee this week.

http://milwaukeerecord.com/food-drink/bar-rescue-rescuing-y-iii-week/

spooln30
10-02-2014, 02:20 AM
That bar sucked when I used to drink and visit the ES. It's too small and the upstairs is a waste of space not even a bar up there. Don't think BR will help long term maybe for 6 months from people just wanting to see what Taffer did to the bar.
I know they only pick bars that are losing money but they should've done Landmark Lanes. I don't think that place has been updated since it opened in the 1920s. I haven't been there in 8+ years but I'm sure it's still the smelly basement bar it used to be. :)
Would have been cool if this show existed years ago when Mantra Lounge was open. That was my favorite place to go.

GTSLOW
10-02-2014, 11:02 AM
They're rescuing another bar in Milwaukee next week too. Then down to Chicago the week after. Episodes will air sometime after news years in the second half of the season.

USMARINE1108
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Huh. That show is entertaining. I'll watch the MKE shows.

spooln30
10-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Looks like I was right in saying the reno would only bring more people by for six months. Taffer turned the bar into a 70's themed bar. Why Not. Lol. Well that was a waste. Even if I did drink I doubt I would even waste my time going to Nicks House aka YNot.

GTSLOW
10-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Well to be honest only a small handful of the bars renovated have actually closed for good.

spooln30
10-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Not saying they will close they have stayed open this long because there were still people going to the bar. I'm just stating there will be a bump in customers till the fad wears off then back to normal probably.