PDA

View Full Version : Rough 2 weeks

05caddyext
07-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Well it's been a rough 2 weeks. I know this is a car forum but we are all humans too right? I just found out last week Tuesday that my Mother had stage 4 liver cancer. She didn't tell anyone, she hid it very well. Last Wednesday I was told if she had 2 weeks to live she would be lucky. Thursday morning she was moved to a hospice facility. I am an only child. We had a few really good days together, A LOT of family and friends were able to visit her while she was still very lucid and happy to see people. This past Tuesday, the 22nd, she passed. 1 week. That's all I had. I can't even begin to describe how hard that is. You ALWAYS think you will have more time. There is so much to do, so much to take care of it's crazy. She was only 58 years old... That's too young. I am a wreck. I have only slept about 10 hours in the last 10 days. I can't find my balance of "normal" right now. I am sure a crash is coming for me, I just have to try to take one day at a time, and get back to a routine. Thanks for listening. It feels good to put it in words, it's hard to keep it all inside, sometimes you just have to talk to people, even if you don't actually know them...

STANMAN
07-25-2014, 03:59 PM
Prayers sent man, that's a rough road. Rejoice that you were able to spend the time with her that you did, a lot of people would kill for that.

But you are right, no matter how much time there is, it's not enough.

Yooformula
07-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Wow, very sorry to hear that and our prayers are with you. Although a week could never be enough time, as stated be thankful you did get time to say goodbye.

Brian98GTP
07-25-2014, 11:09 PM
So sorry to hear! Thoughts will be with you for sure. One day at a time is exactly right. It might even go down to one hour at a time, at times. Just keep on swimming, and celebrate the life she lived and the time you spent with her.

noeggs4u
07-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family

JOHN 86GT
07-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Sorry for your loss

TransAm12sec
07-26-2014, 06:42 PM
My condolences.

awsomeears
07-27-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear of her passing, she will be looking down on you keeping you safe and strong !!!

Reverend Cooper
07-27-2014, 01:29 PM
I just went threw something similar with my mother in law,hang in there your friends family and faith will help you,prayers sent

95-1LE-Z28
07-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Prayers sent your way..