PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Lambo

LIL EVO
07-25-2014, 01:12 PM
So it was my birthday last Friday and I needed a nice cruiser to replace the stealth. I've been looking for a few months and finally found the one!

http://lilevo.com/pictures/lambo/lamboo.jpg

Moparjim
07-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Whoah thats a big uograde from the Stealth lol. Congrats!

Brian98GTP
07-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Niiiice!!! Do you mind posting what you paid? What kind of mileage is on her? Is Chicago the nearest dealer location for maintenance/repairs?

Congrats! ....and Happy Birthday :haveabeer

LIL EVO
07-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Closest repair facility = my garage =p

Got it for under 100k. It's an 04 with 9k miles, 6 speed manual.

floaters
07-25-2014, 02:23 PM
awesome car! lots of potential there :) congrats

Wagonbacker9
07-25-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm just going to sit here quietly and be jealous instead of spouting off profanity.

Moparjim
07-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Would you like Underground Racing's phone number? ;)

Though I suppose you will probably be able to fab your own TT kit!!!

LIL EVO
07-25-2014, 03:52 PM
We will see. I wanna keep it stock for a few years at least. My friends have a shop in Indy that are itching to get into Lambo stuff. They do all the custom fab on my other cars.

Brian98GTP
07-25-2014, 11:13 PM
LS swap! :P

I kidddd.....I kidd.

Brian98GTP
07-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Are there a bunch of specialty tools and whatnot that you'll need to acquire? That was always my assumption, anyways.... Would sure beat paying thousands at an authorized dealership for annual maintenance!

Cant wait to see how it does at the BCM '14 Snow Drags.... ;)

jamestown478
07-26-2014, 09:44 AM
did you drive it down highway 100 last night? seen a black one. I soo want a ride too :) lol

LIL EVO
07-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Yup!

jamestown478
07-26-2014, 09:46 AM
nice. Def. love that car

LIL EVO
07-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Are there a bunch of specialty tools and whatnot that you'll need to acquire? That was always my assumption, anyways.... Would sure beat paying thousands at an authorized dealership for annual maintenance!

Cant wait to see how it does at the BCM '14 Snow Drags.... ;)

Not much different than Audi/VW tools. Everything is hex socket. It's basically an Audi. Navi unit is from an Audi, climate control unit is the same as a late model A8 without chrome knobs, etc. Gauge cluster is Audi design/parts.

jbiscuit
07-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Wow!!! Badass. Gotta twin turbo it. Those cars love boost

Haulin' Oates
07-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Congratulations, very sharp car.

03Seville
07-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Congrats! Nice upgrade!

Moparjim
07-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Not much different than Audi/VW tools. Everything is hex socket. It's basically an Audi. Navi unit is from an Audi, climate control unit is the same as a late model A8 without chrome knobs, etc. Gauge cluster is Audi design/parts.

So your saying its basically a Volkswagon? ;)

LIL EVO
07-27-2014, 01:56 PM
More Audi, but yeah pretty much.

blackmage
07-28-2014, 06:53 AM
only one picture? im disappointed... and jealous... lol congrats on the new car!

GTSLOW
07-28-2014, 07:25 AM
So your saying its basically a Volkswagon? ;)

Well if that's the case then a diesel swap should be in order. I mean MPG is very important these days.

I kid, nice car!!!!!

fly5150
07-28-2014, 08:54 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Aventador-LP720-4-ROADSTER-2014-50TH-ANNIVERSARIO-LAMBORGHINI-AVENTADOR-ROADSTER-LP720-4-/261542940464?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ce52c8f30&item=261542940464&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

You peaked my interest. Did some looking, WOW!!!!!! some amazing Lambos out there...
Congrats Jason, i'll have to stop by one of these days.

-Dave

LIL EVO
07-28-2014, 05:19 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/29/y5a5eteq.jpg

Flicktitty
07-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Congrats! I heard you hitting it up and down Hwy saturday night, seemed like you were enjoying it.

Nickerz
07-28-2014, 09:48 PM
lol your neighbors are going to SHIT themselves with envy after calling the cops all the time on you. But I can say from experience expect them to accuse you of dealing drugs. So if you are a recreational user, cross your Ts, dot your Is and know the law in regards to letting the police in your house etc. The chance of your door getting broken in for the next year is probably 30 times higher. Sounds crazy, but old people when they see a younger guy with a really nice car the first thing they say is "drug dealer" and it starts making its way around the neighborhood.

That being said... GRATS MAN!

It appears that working on cars is quite lucrative ;)

spooln30
07-30-2014, 02:56 AM
Nice. Curious what do you do for a living?

LIL EVO
07-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Started Tanin Auto Electronix three years ago. Fix speedometers.

CATNHAT
07-31-2014, 07:26 AM
Sweet baby jebus that is sweet!

Prince Valiant
07-31-2014, 11:41 AM
Lol...when I read you bought a lambo, I was expecting a Jalpa...good kill.

spooln30
08-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Fix speedos? Damn I need to get into that business. Lol

-stew-
08-01-2014, 06:16 AM
Fix speedos? Damn I need to get into that business. Lol
Are you well versed in adjusting men's swimsuits? ;)

spooln30
08-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Damn, got me on that one stew. Got me good. Lol! Why do you need adjusting? ;)

Voodoo
08-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Congrats again man, I'm hoping I'll get a chance to see it sometime this summer. Also patiently awaiting the first Wikked photoshoot. Bring it to the Shootout!

srt4eh
08-04-2014, 03:03 AM
Awesome car man!!!

BoosTT
08-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Wow. That is fuckin awesome! !!

GHOSST
08-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Nice grab. Whats insurance like on a beast like that? Once upon a time I was into this autobidmaster.com place, was going to put back together a front end damaged ferrari, parts priced and all, surprisingly the most expensive thing was the wheel, 4k alone, more than the front bumper and suspension parts individually. What turned me off was the insurance per month, its crazy what exotics rate, and I was 28 at time.

LIL EVO
08-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Insurance, no idea.

Hagerty wouldn't insure me because my primary car was over 4 or 7 years old or whatever.

It was cheap with Grundy. 100-125/mo I think. They wouldn't insure me for some reason due to past "claims/tickets". I haven't had either in over 4 years. No idea.

State Farm was around $200-$250 for the Lambo and 4-5 other of my cars.

I've had my own family friend/agent for 17 years now, currently through West Bend. He said it wasn't in his system and would, "need to call in a favor" to get it insured. I finalized everything with him two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.

So long story short, I have no idea.

95 TA - The Beast
08-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Insurance all depends on the value, replacement parts costs, etc, etc...

When a buddy bought a Murcielago LP640 a few years back he bought the car and had a hell of a time getting insured. Had to put up a sizeable bond to start with if I remember correctly.

Now, that was a $560k+ car. A Gallardo is the "Toyota Corolla" of the Lambos with values between $110k and $90k, so I would imagine it would be much easier to insure it comparatively. Just that a lot of agencies just don't want to deal with the potential "black hole" of costs getting things fixed if you get in a fender bender. Getting an exotic repaired opens up a whole can of worms in regards to "authorized repairs" that won't impact the overall value of the vehicle, etc, etc...

Nice car, but still quite an expensive "toy" in regards to repairs. My buddy smoked the clutch on his LP640 once... That was a $16k repair... Sure, a lot cheaper if you do the work yourself, and I am sure the parts for a LP640 are much more expensive than the Gallardo, but any way you look at it, it is an expensive toy to maintain.

Insurance is also very fickle in regards to the "social" trends of those that own them. Take my MKS's for example, my 2009 was about 30% cheaper to insure than my 2012. That was because of all the lowlifes that started picking them up used for <$20k and started crashing them left and right. The wrong people were buying a nice car and wrecking them, so the industry raised rates since it was a riskier car to insure (comes down to them not being able to "stereotype" the owners, thus everyone has to pay instead of the select "group" of people that are wrecking them). Point is a Gallardo is much more "obtainable" than a Merci LP640 to the masses, especially the "rappers" and drug dealers, thus I am sure that will play into higher rates for that car compared to a LP640 as well.

Also, don't forget, a lot of higher-end insurance companies look at total assets as well as a factor of risk in insuring, so if you don't live in a house that is worth 5x the value of your car, that will probably work against you in insuring an exotic. Actuaries really don't like straying from the "calculated risk" pool they are comfortable with.

Nickerz
08-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Insurance all depends on the value, replacement parts costs, etc, etc...

When a buddy bought a Murcielago LP640 a few years back he bought the car and had a hell of a time getting insured. Had to put up a sizeable bond to start with if I remember correctly.

Now, that was a $560k+ car. A Gallardo is the "Toyota Corolla" of the Lambos with values between $110k and $90k, so I would imagine it would be much easier to insure it comparatively. Just that a lot of agencies just don't want to deal with the potential "black hole" of costs getting things fixed if you get in a fender bender. Getting an exotic repaired opens up a whole can of worms in regards to "authorized repairs" that won't impact the overall value of the vehicle, etc, etc...

Nice car, but still quite an expensive "toy" in regards to repairs. My buddy smoked the clutch on his LP640 once... That was a $16k repair... Sure, a lot cheaper if you do the work yourself, and I am sure the parts for a LP640 are much more expensive than the Gallardo, but any way you look at it, it is an expensive toy to maintain.

Insurance is also very fickle in regards to the "social" trends of those that own them. Take my MKS's for example, my 2009 was about 30% cheaper to insure than my 2012. That was because of all the lowlifes that started picking them up used for <$20k and started crashing them left and right. The wrong people were buying a nice car and wrecking them, so the industry raised rates since it was a riskier car to insure (comes down to them not being able to "stereotype" the owners, thus everyone has to pay instead of the select "group" of people that are wrecking them). Point is a Gallardo is much more "obtainable" than a Merci LP640 to the masses, especially the "rappers" and drug dealers, thus I am sure that will play into higher rates for that car compared to a LP640 as well.

Also, don't forget, a lot of higher-end insurance companies look at total assets as well as a factor of risk in insuring, so if you don't live in a house that is worth 5x the value of your car, that will probably work against you in insuring an exotic. Actuaries really don't like straying from the "calculated risk" pool they are comfortable with.

I can't imagine they're going to have him submit a personal financial statement to determine net worth for the car.

95 TA - The Beast
08-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Well, maybe not for a car worth around $100k... For something $250k+ they just might... Also, they do pull credit reports with all insurance companies to determine coverage... With that they can see the size of your mortgage, the regular debts you carry and the credit lines you have... Some even pull deeper financials depending on what you are trying to insure...

Actually, in talking with my agent, he stated that for "best coverage and cost" the total assets do sometimes come into consideration. On the high-end of the insurance scale they have a whole ton of rules that have to be met to get "preferred" coverage with a given rate...

That is why it is best to try to pool all your insurances with the same company... They will have a complete "view" of your situation financially and can often assume risks that a "specialized" insurer would not...

Like I said, getting insurance on an exotic isn't something everyone does and those that do usually have most of the rest of their coverages and such already layed out to make covering something like that a simple matter. If you don't carry high coverages in other things (such as an expensive house, life insurance, umbrella policies, etc) then it is kinda the "exception" not the rule...

My buddy with the Merci LP640 was quite wealthy and found after he bought that car he wasn't carrying the proper insurance everywhere else to make that asset "fit" the picture the agency liked to see... He put up a bond for the first 6 months, got the rest of his coverages in order and it all dropped into place... When he bought his Ferrari Italia it was a non-issue insuring it...

It is like getting a custom car covered for either "stated value" or "appraised value"... the "appraised" one is fairly easy and anyone can get it... The "stated value" has a whole different set of requirements necessary to get it done to your satisfaction and your entire financial situation plays in greatly there...

Fact of the matter is, those with the bucks are "trusted"... Those without are "questionable"... Just the way society is structured, regardless of how right or wrong it is...

Rocket Power
08-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Do your fingers get tired from typing a novel every time you post?

jbiscuit
08-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Leave it to Dennis to get into a thread with nothing really to contribute other than to boast about his rich friends and his handle on insurance companies lol

Moparjim
08-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I got stated value insurance for $100,000 on my Viper amongst other things by walking into a State Farm office... I am by no means rich or provided bonds or financial statements...

LIL EVO
08-06-2014, 10:25 PM
It's just a bucket of nuts and bolts like any other car :)

I was shocked at some of the things it has from the factory, it's truly a "race car". All braided stainless lines, dry sump oil system, coilovers, twin disc clutch, etc.

It's pretty stout.

With that said, I just did a rear axle seal and it wasn't all that bad. It's a Getrag trans with Audi parts/axles. The axle unbolts from the differential cups with 8mm hex bolts. I did have to remove the test pipe I just put on because the "rear diff" cover had to come off. That side diff stub went through a bearing pack in the diff cover and was held on with a retainer clip.

After that it was like any other axle seal.

The axle seal from Lambo was only $25, but had to be special ordered from Italy. So that was 1-2 weeks. The same seal is used on all years Audi R8 and I was in a bind so I ordered one through a local parts contact. The retail on the seal was $70, but I got it for around $50.

GHOSST
08-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Its WI, all you need is liability right? lol.

Your extremely handy dude, I see insurance being the only thing, and that might not even be a big deal once you seal something in for good.

Awesome pick up, and hella sweet to own a Lambo. Don't see many around the WI area, a few, but not many.

LIL EVO
08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Well, even if I paid cash I would want full coverage to protect it! Lenders require full coverage anyways.

95 TA - The Beast
08-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Leave it to Dennis to get into a thread with nothing really to contribute other than to boast about his rich friends and his handle on insurance companies lol

There you go again... Jealousy at it's best...

You, sir, are laughable...

LIL EVO
08-08-2014, 04:00 PM
I got my quotes through state farm and full 100/300 coverage with $500 ded. on the lambo is under $100/mo

Nickerz
08-09-2014, 09:23 AM
I got my quotes through state farm and full 100/300 coverage with $500 ded. on the lambo is under $100/mo

Jesus your driving record must be flawless...

wrath
08-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Insurance companies are like banks, they only offer good deals to those that are low risk. If you can afford a six figure toy you're probably low risk.

Nice car.

LIL EVO
08-09-2014, 12:24 PM
It was discounted with homeowners insurance and 5 other cars. Haven't had a claim since 2011 and I doubt I drive more than 3000-4000 miles a year between all cars.

spooln30
08-09-2014, 07:51 PM
It's just a bucket of nuts and bolts like any other car.

Yeah except it's a $150k bucket of bolts. Lol!

I only drove one Lambo and it was a Gallardo like yours and their really nice cars. Even got a chance to look at the underside of it and was amazed with the craftsmanship and engineering put into it. Hand built for sure and it shows.

jbiscuit
08-10-2014, 04:07 PM
There's a younger kid here with an orange one that I've seen a few times. Probably in his early 20s. They are really nice cars. So when is yours getting twin turbos? :)

spooln30
08-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Btw is your Gallardo a paddle shift or manual shift?

Nickerz
08-11-2014, 11:56 AM
There's a younger kid here with an orange one that I've seen a few times. Probably in his early 20s. They are really nice cars. So when is yours getting twin turbos? :)

A quick search reveals there's a lot of guys running up to 800whp on stock internals. But I can't imagine how much a toasted long block would cost to replace on that car.

GHOSST
08-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Man that's good insurance! I know turning 25 (6 years ago..) and having a good record with USAA was the best thing that ever happened to me and owning cars.

The real question is, which is faster, lil evo or the lambo!

LIL EVO
08-11-2014, 12:28 PM
That has to be a joke lol. Once you drive a 9 second car everything else feels like a Camry.

Wagonbacker9
08-11-2014, 01:23 PM
The real question is, which is faster, lil evo or the lambo!

More power, less weight... the mirage.

LIL EVO
08-11-2014, 01:30 PM
The mirage weighs a whole 2800lbs and 800awhp. The lambo is probably 32-3300lbs and maybe puts down 400 to the wheels.

Ricky Bobby
08-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Nice ride!

Gregor
08-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Very nice indeed. Working on one would freak me out, and I would always be worried that some asshole would key it.

Nice DD.... LOL

pOrk
08-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Sick, I'm pretty sure every car guy has dreamt of owning a lamborghini sometime in their lives. Heck, I'm pretty sure the countach poster with the 90's babe is still hanging in my bedroom at my parents house!

Looking forward to seeing it at oscars sometime

GHOSST
08-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Lol, of course I was yanking ya. Would be a cool video.

wikked
08-25-2014, 07:43 PM
This is all I've been able to get spy shots of :P

http://www.wikked.com/evolambo/lamboheadlight.jpg

http://www.wikked.com/evolambo/lamboside.jpg

http://www.wikked.com/evolambo/lamboback.jpg

-stew-
08-26-2014, 08:13 AM
I saw it north bound on 32 on Sunday. I was on my Vespa. I started yelling in Italian. You probably didn't hear me.

LIL EVO
08-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Final insurance update. To the shock of everyone in the office, my agent was able to get West Bend to insure the car to the tune of $224/month. He said no one else would insure it and he was surprised West Bend did it. State Farm was the only other company that would insure it and they did it for $89/month so I moved two cars to them and kept the remaining cars and homeowners with WB.

Nickerz
08-27-2014, 02:00 PM
Final insurance update. To the shock of everyone in the office, my agent was able to get West Bend to insure the car to the tune of $224/month. He said no one else would insure it and he was surprised West Bend did it. State Farm was the only other company that would insure it and they did it for $89/month so I moved two cars to them and kept the remaining cars and homeowners with WB.

That doesn't really sound legit, you may want to check your paperwork. $224 a month sounds about right. High value, high performance vehicle with low relative risk. $89 a month sounds way too good to be true. If so, congratulations and wowowowow!

Crawlin
08-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Still jealous as shit, haha.

Funny thing was that on my birthday (7/24) I told my dad that if this last girl I was dating didn't go anywhere I was giving up and buying a lambo or a ferrari, haha.

See you went and did the right thing and treated yourself properly, haha. I can't go copying now

So clean and I bet its a blast to drive.

95 TA - The Beast
08-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Yeah, the $89/mo sounds like there is something wrong...

Lookup the rate on a 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R with 1.8l... Full coverage with $500 deductable on preferred ratings is like $110+/mo... Don't know what is up with a low-value Sentra but that is what it is... So for a Lambo to spec less seems kinda nuts... Hell, any of my other cars come in at less than half that, most 1/4 of that, so something is up with insuring Nissans...

Like Nickerz said, something doesn't sound legit.

Moparjim
08-27-2014, 08:49 PM
I have been saying for a long time State Farm is awesome. Its not his primary car its "limited pleasure use" or whatever Nickerz. I pay little to nothing for all my toys as long as i have adaily insured with them...

LIL EVO
08-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Don't know man. My monthly rate on any / every other vehicle I sent them for a quote is around $25 / month for 100/300 liability. Full coverage for my 04 LS430 is only $50/month.

Not sure if they factor in credit score or financial stability into the quotes or not.

Moparjim
08-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Dunno but mine is almost EXACTLY like yours I pay about $50 a month for full coverage on my 04 SRT4 daily, then I pay about $75 a month for $100,000 coverage on my Viper for instance. Classics I pay like under $10 a month for some of em...

Moparjim
08-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Cheap for kids then on your insurance too, my son CJ only pays like $75 a month on an 05 SRT4 for full coverage and he is a 19 year old male, was only like $50 a month on a non performance car. He pays like $10 a month on the "collector" Talon...

Moparjim
08-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Thats about half what any of his friends pay.

GTSLOW
08-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Yeah, the $89/mo sounds like there is something wrong...

Lookup the rate on a 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R with 1.8l... Full coverage with $500 deductable on preferred ratings is like $110+/mo... Don't know what is up with a low-value Sentra but that is what it is... So for a Lambo to spec less seems kinda nuts... Hell, any of my other cars come in at less than half that, most 1/4 of that, so something is up with insuring Nissans...

Like Nickerz said, something doesn't sound legit.

More than likely traffic violations and or your criminal driving record.

04 Golf full coverage under $50 a month.

I wouldn't trust someone who mods an LT-Juan either.

wrath
08-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Car insurance are like loans. Those who don't need it pay the least.

Red97GTP
08-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Not necessarily true... I pay $230 every 6 months for full coverage on my G8 GT and I have a loan on my car...

Gregor
08-30-2014, 12:37 AM
If that was you, like I think it was driving around 6 Mile and HWY 32 at 2:00. Nice car but I bet you didn't see the unmarked squad car in the lane next to me. Because he saw you and looked like he was about to turn around.

LIL EVO
08-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Meh. I don't think I did anything too crazy.

I didn't go anywhere today until around 7 though

I make sure to ID every car I can see!

Irish
08-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Caledonia must be Lambo county.

Car Guy
09-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Wow Jason, business must be good!

Gregor
09-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Caledonia must be Lambo county.

Well if it wasn't him yeah I guess it is.

03CVLX
09-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Was that you tonight on 894 south passing national? If it was, that was me in the Expedition that tried to catch up and get a closer look. Was going fine till that putz in the sts cut me off and slammed on his brakes.

LIL EVO
09-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Yes. Get lots of weirdos speeding up and immediately pacing my driver window

03CVLX
09-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Lol, I believe it. But hey at least I was two lanes over. I'd never take a risk near a car that nice. Definitely never see them around here.

LIL EVO
09-08-2014, 09:27 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/09/7abezysu.jpg

New oem wheels.

Voodoo
09-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Looks awesome! I see you added the clear side markers in front, also

LIL EVO
09-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Yap. Orange is out of place on a black car

Ricky Bobby
09-11-2014, 09:19 AM
:drool:

buttersgt350
09-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Just went to a cars n coffee show last Saturday in Bolingbrook, lots of Lambos and other kick ass cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spooln30
10-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Sorry wrong thread.