PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Camaro SS Convertible, 6-speed, 63k, asking $6,000

GHOSST
06-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Just seeing if anyone is interested in taking this car off my hands. Its needs A LOT of work, possible bent pushrod or bad lifter, but does run, and the body is solid except a few areas of wear, and a nice 2'' chunk taken out of the driver side bottom door when transporting it from NC to WI. Exhaust leaks too, around where the headers mate into the y pipe. Orginal SS, I have the SLP sheet, but its just the one you can grab of their website to authenticate the vin is a true SS vin. The plan was to fix it up, enjoying it for the summer, and sell it for more dollar. Well, due to marriage issues, it has to go asap, to relieve some debt before we part. Asking $6k, but willing to negotiate. Lots of good parts on it, BBK LT's installed last year. If interested, send me an email. Come check it out. Also title in hand, and car has history, prior to me owning it, but I have recent history checks for it from when I tried to sell it a few months ago. I posting here first before I go abroad with C-list tire kickers. Thanks gents.

pics in garage. And thats what it looks like now, just not a clean. Very rough..

Jimmy.

jimmy.ellis@aarcorp.com

nismodave
06-28-2014, 06:52 AM
Here is a link to his pictures....So people dont have to search.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=66

spooln30
06-30-2014, 02:37 AM
Sorry but that's a high price seeing it needs internal engine work. It's probably worth $3500-4500 in the "needs a lot of work" condition. I know a guy looking for that gen SS but doubt he would want a fixer upper. I'll send him a link anyway. GLWS.

GHOSST
06-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Sorry but that's a high price seeing it needs internal engine work. It's probably worth $3500-4500 in the "needs a lot of work" condition. I know a guy looking for that gen SS but doubt he would want a fixer upper. I'll send him a link anyway. GLWS.

Nothing is really solid to what it needs in the engine, its up top though. To a LS know how guy, this could surely be a net profit if put back together correctly, but money I don't have myself to invest to sell it for 8-9k. Problems yes, history yes, but at the end of the day its still an authentic 6-speed SS convertible with 63k on the dash, with a few go fast parts to boot. Cons outweigh the pros surely at this point, but I know someone is going to make high dollar off this car, but it will be out my hands by then, and their gain. I got the summer to sit on it, and wait for what I feel is a comfortable deal, but I'm willing to be more than reasonable. Asking price is always cushion, we know this game.

-stew-
06-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Whats the history on it? Salvage title?

GHOSST
06-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Not at all. Just a front end (passenger side mostly, from Yoo's expertise) impact. Happened way before I bought it, and never a noticable thing to effect driveability, and you have to find the signs with a trained eye (two confirmed good eye's). The last guy before Yoo also thought the passenger rear quarter might have been repainted, but nothing in my Experian check showed history. Someone in NC who was interested used Carfax, and the Carfax deemed a $6-700 price reduction off the car with its current history and good condition, I suppose one good thing about Carfax. I've seen these Verts go for 8-9k in good condition. Being that mines is in fair condition, reasonable prices negiotiable, yeah..

spooln30
06-30-2014, 07:32 PM
It's a nice looking SS for sure. Talked with my buddy and he don't want a vert.

GHOSST
06-30-2014, 07:55 PM
It's a nice looking SS for sure. Talked with my buddy and he don't want a vert.

Yeah, verts aren't for everyone, but I've always been a fan, I started off on here with my 97 Z28 Vert, Z2830th97, throwback screen name, haha.

Its going on C-list Wednesday. I dread it, but being that I have way more time than 3 weeks like I did in NC, it should move for about or under what I wouldn't "mind" getting, ;)

GHOSST
07-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Lowering the price before I post it elsewhere. No salvage title, but the history is looking to be more of a pain. Front impact was with fixed object, bags deployed, minor to moderate damage. Rear quarter was fixed too on a separate minor incident. Not sure who owned it before but damn.. but I bought it from a dealer no questions asked, lesson learned.

$4950.

Wagonbacker9
07-01-2014, 09:17 AM
I was unable to move my clean 99 T-top car for 4K with 160K, and it was a solid runner that didn't need anything more than a pinion seal. Good luck!

GHOSST
07-01-2014, 10:01 AM
I was unable to move my clean 99 T-top car for 4K with 160K, and it was a solid runner that didn't need anything more than a pinion seal. Good luck!

Its looking like a 4k deal, but high end in my opinion. Your car also had 100k more miles on it. People usually gravitate towards these few things in f-bodies, stock parts (stock wheels! lol), and low miles. If flipped properly, all you'd have to do is sell this car on the fact it has 63,000 miles on it, and was a southern car for its entire life until now (a few months spent in WI garaged while I was deployed). I put about 23,000 miles on it in 5 years, and how it got to this rough point, well.. hard to say.

Wagonbacker9
07-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Its looking like a 4k deal, but high end in my opinion. Your car also had 100k more miles on it. People usually gravitate towards these few things in f-bodies, stock parts (stock wheels! lol), and low miles. If flipped properly, all you'd have to do is sell this car on the fact it has 63,000 miles on it, and was a southern car for its entire life until now (a few months spent in WI garaged while I was deployed). I put about 23,000 miles on it in 5 years, and how it got to this rough point, well.. hard to say.

I agree about the mileage, no question. At 4K I'd probably go for it if I had the money. I have enough engine parts in my garage to put it back on the road twice.. but... with kid #2 on the way I'm a broke ass.

GHOSST
07-01-2014, 12:17 PM
I agree about the mileage, no question. At 4K I'd probably go for it if I had the money. I have enough engine parts in my garage to put it back on the road twice.. but... with kid #2 on the way I'm a broke ass.

I really appreciate that. Its not looking promising as is, if I can address the engine issue at least, and find out whats needed, can I buy some parts off you if you have them?

Wagonbacker9
07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I really appreciate that. Its not looking promising as is, if I can address the engine issue at least, and find out whats needed, can I buy some parts off you if you have them?

I've got a LS1 shortblock in need of a lifter bore sleeve, full cleaning and reassembly, and a fully assembled 5.3 (currently fully dressed as a truck motor: pan, accy, and intake) with a 228/222 .588 114.5* cam in it, and LS1 heads (I believe 853s) decked .028. ARP head and crank bolts, 0 mile pushrods and valve springs If either of those interest you, by all means make an offer, but I'm not tearing the 5.3 apart unless I have the LS1 block set up to accept the parts.

GHOSST
07-01-2014, 02:48 PM
I've got a LS1 shortblock in need of a lifter bore sleeve, full cleaning and reassembly, and a fully assembled 5.3 (currently fully dressed as a truck motor: pan, accy, and intake) with a 228/222 .588 114.5* cam in it, and LS1 heads (I believe 853s) decked .028. ARP head and crank bolts, 0 mile pushrods and valve springs If either of those interest you, by all means make an offer, but I'm not tearing the 5.3 apart unless I have the LS1 block set up to accept the parts.

Sounds good. I'll PM you when I know for sure.

GHOSST
07-03-2014, 09:43 AM
So, a guy from FL wants to get it for 3k + 2 hand guns, one Ruger LCP and S&W M&P 9mm, newer in box, seen pics, looks good, What do you guys think?

Wagonbacker9
07-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Make sure they're transferred legally (through FFL = figure it'll cost you $50 or so). I'd value the guns together at about 800.

GHOSST
07-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Make sure they're transferred legally (through FFL = figure it'll cost you $50 or so). I'd value the guns together at about 800.

Yea, I figured around 7-800 on the low end for used guns, and he's got the paperwork ready to go, but it looks like a better deal has arisen, much closer, with less hassle, even though I really want those guns, you can never have to many, but money talks, and I could always get some firearms later. Spooln30 had the ball park pegged, much respect man.

GHOSST
07-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Sweet guns though..

JC70SS
07-03-2014, 08:10 PM
So how rough is the paint on this car?

spooln30
07-04-2014, 03:36 AM
No problem Ghosst, my friend is getting back into town tomorrow so I should have an answer with in the next 2 days.

GHOSST
07-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks for all your help guys. The thread can be locked, its sold. No FL guy though, lol, had to drop him like a bad habit. His transportation cost were my problem I guess, kept lowering his offer based off what it would cost him to do this and that with the vehicle, including logistics to FL.