PDA

View Full Version : question

05caddyext
06-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Is it OK to use armorall on paint? I say no. Go.

Korndogg
06-17-2014, 10:25 PM
It's not ok to use Armor All on anything. That shit hurts more than does good.

awsomeears
06-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Funny you say this, I was talking to a customer who was one odd duck, he started rambling on how that stuff is SHIT and how it deteriorates rubber door gaskets and how I should never used it....

Korndogg
06-18-2014, 12:30 AM
It does. Any of that oil based shit eats away at vinyl, rubber, etc... I saw it first hand when I worked at Farm and Fleet. They wouldn't even warranty tires if they could prove that oil based tire shine was used. I got yelled at alot when I had to tell people that lol.

spooln30
06-18-2014, 02:36 AM
Yep that stuff is GARBAGE! I use leather conditioner for my dash and door panels. It keeps it from deteriorating and it doesn't shine too much like Armorall does. Farm and Fleet always tries to get out of warranting anything. They suck for Auto Service. Plus they charge crazy shop fees for things like alignments. What shop materials are needed for a wheel alignment. Oh you want your wiper blades installed, there's a $4 shop fee. Lol
A few years ago I needed my atv tires mounted and they tried charging me for balancing. Which they didnt even do and you don't balance atv tires. Then when I got home I looked at the tires and they looked funny. Checked the air pressure and they put in 58 psi in all four. It even states on the tire not to exceed 35 psi when seating the beads. Atv tires only run around 5 psi and they sell atv tires so they should know this. Dumbasses.

GHOSST
06-18-2014, 06:32 AM
Mark hooked me up everytime I went to Farm and Fleet, when I didn't even know who he was. He mounted some wheels on my 97 Vert, when another shop told me it couldn't be done. Its been awhile but I remember it being a tire place on forest home. Their prices were more than Farm and Fleets too. But I'm glad I came across this, I haven't used Amorall in a while, but I do have plenty of leather seat conditioner.

Korndogg
06-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I haven't worked there in 9 years but I heard it has really gone downhill since. We had a really good group of guys at that time but we all pretty much left within a year and it apparently went way downhill. This was the OC location btw. I agree that they had way too many shop fees. Just remember it isn't the guy working on your car that makes the decision, it's most likely a manager so don't give them too hard of a time if you ever go in there lol. You wouldn't believe some of the idiots that came in there either. I did everything there including alignments and the stupidity of some people amazed me.

Nix
06-18-2014, 09:42 AM
What do you guys think about thw tire foam? Is that shit too? I've been using it on my cars and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Is there anything else that y'all would recommend for tire dressing?

Thanks

Nick

Sent from my PrimeCo Phone

Korndogg
06-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Basically if it's oil based, don't use it.

animal
06-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Yoo said armorall will gloss up regular matte plastidip. That's about the only thing i'd ever try it on, if I was going for that look anyway.

Yooformula
06-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Yoo said armorall will gloss up regular matte plastidip. That's about the only thing i'd ever try it on, if I was going for that look anyway.

yep pretty much the only thing its good for..lol. I only use water based dressing/conditioners for leather, rubber, plastic or vinyl.

spooln30
06-19-2014, 02:41 AM
Being a mechanic I don't take my cars anywhere to get fixed. Sometimes Farm and Fleet has really good deals on tires but they have to install them to get the deal. Which is where my complaints originated from. Lol

GHOSST
06-19-2014, 06:58 AM
I've been using that Amorall gel with the applicator for about 3 years now on my tires, same bottle, only because I don't use it much, and it doesn't take much to apply a thin coat. I honestly only got it because I seen it on West Coast Customs, haha. It seemed like a way better alternative to spray getting everywhere, or spraying a rag then applying. The gel isn't half bad, but don't know if its bad for tires, my side walls are still pretty decent, but again that's like 2-5 uses a year.

animal
06-19-2014, 12:57 PM
I've been using that Amorall gel with the applicator for about 3 years now on my tires, same bottle, only because I don't use it much, and it doesn't take much to apply a thin coat. I honestly only got it because I seen it on West Coast Customs, haha. It seemed like a way better alternative to spray getting everywhere, or spraying a rag then applying. The gel isn't half bad, but don't know if its bad for tires, my side walls are still pretty decent, but again that's like 2-5 uses a year.

Ha, I thought yoo was gonna beat me up after having to clean all the old tire gel from my tires during my "package 1" detail.