PDA

View Full Version : Car guy\"that guy" friendly towns in the Milwaukee\Waukesha metro?

Nickerz
05-29-2014, 11:28 AM
So we're thinking about moving to East Troy, which I know for a fact is car guy friendly. I've come to the conclusion that I am indeed "that guy" and would like to get away from gentrified areas and move to areas straddling rural\suburban that are friendly to more urban things like car collectors, large bonfires, ATVs etc. We'd like a couple acres, be in a relatively reasonable distance from Milwaukee or Waukesha and have access to a couple stores in a 10-15 minute drive.

I've been trying to figure out the answer to this question and finally realized this is a forum full of a good number of "that guys." We're looking for a good amount of land without being rural and a place that won't blink an eye at a 20 foot bonfire. Lax zoning for commercial in my back yard would be a huge plus.

Thanks for any help :headbang

animal
05-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Town of west bend, Richfield, outer g-town, etc would likely be decent for that as well as long as you were out of the neighborhoody areas. Depends if you want north or south of Milwaukee county tho.

bikedad
05-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Genesee area is car friendly and close to most stores.

JOHN 86GT
05-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Genesee area is car friendly and close to most stores.

I'd think Genesee would be better for resale when you decide to move being a little closer to 94 .

Things take longer to sell in the Mukwonago / east troy area depending on price ( houses over $400 are harder to sell)

I wish I was in a town more like east troy over Mukwonago .

USMARINE1108
05-29-2014, 07:43 PM
I have a buddy that bought a pretty nice place that covers everything you describe in Palmyra. He didn't pay a lot either. I always see bikes when I drive through.

michelle
05-29-2014, 07:56 PM
I love Richfield! Grew up here, bought a house here, and work in town.

jbiscuit
05-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Caledonia/Mount Pleasant. /thread

Anyone that has been to my house can attest to the sheer volume if car guys down here. My neighborhood in Mount Pleasant is filled with modern muscle cars, hot rods, vintage Harley's, etc. I'm on 1/2 acre but there are home just west of me on 2 acres-ish. Decent property taxes, brand new homes, any shopping you'd need a couple miles away, awesome area for bike rides, walks, playing with the kids...we love it here. It's a car guy's paradise honestly. I. My subdivision alone there's a brand new ZL1 Camaro, termi cobra, 32 Ford survivor roadster, 40 ford pickup, 55 Chevy gasser, 67 nova, couple vettes, guy with like 8-10 40s-50s Harley's....it's awesome to walk 3 house down and have a beer with your car guy neighbor.

We are 20min south of Milwaukee, 20 north of Kenosha. So treks to pretty much anywhere are easy. Plenty of country roads for getting the car out and winding it out a little. Any other questions just ask

brotherbenn83
05-29-2014, 09:18 PM
I have a friend that is selling a 5,000 square foot ranch in Elkhorn, about a 5 minute drive from Gus's in East Troy. It also has a 50'x60' shop and is on 6 acres. Pretty nice property, if you have $500,000 to spend...

JOHN 86GT
05-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Caledonia/Mount Pleasant. /thread

We are 20min south of Milwaukee, 20 north of Kenosha. So treks to pretty much anywhere are easy. Plenty of country roads for getting the car out and winding it out a little. Any other questions just ask

There are a ton of car guys to the east also and real state is cheap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgI-p4FcOcg

Irish
05-29-2014, 10:31 PM
There are plenty of heroin addicts living in Mukwango...

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/mukwonagochief/policeandcourts/mukwonago-couple-charged-with-dealing-heroin-b99141858z1-232494241.html

JOHN 86GT
05-29-2014, 10:36 PM
There are plenty of heroin addicts living in Mukwango...

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/mukwonagochief/policeandcourts/mukwonago-couple-charged-with-dealing-heroin-b99141858z1-232494241.html

Very true , it is taking over the small towns.

jbiscuit
05-30-2014, 06:24 AM
I don't see any stupid shit like that here

Flicktitty
05-30-2014, 02:55 PM
I've been looking at houses too not so much with the four-wheeler big bonfire stuff in mind but it would be nice to find an area where there was some other car people so if you were out messing with a car the people wouldn't look at you weird. I've noticed the Genesee area as well is pretty nice and open and i can't imagine it will be long till that area is overly built up.

-stew-
05-30-2014, 03:00 PM
There is an arsonist in East troy who burns down garages.

GHOSST
05-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Pleasant Prairie is nice, we tried to buy our house there, but couldn't settle on the ones we wanted in time for my wifes orders. Now were in Kenosha, which has higher taxes? Sucks.. but that was our ideal. All the houses we had our eye on had nice acres of land, spacious nieghbors, quite areas, close to a lot of things, especially on 75th. And the car scene is hella nice, from Kenosha to Pleasant Prairie, almost everyday now I seen something totally b/a.

JOHN 86GT
05-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Maybe someone should buy 200 acres near GLD and start a subdivision for gear heads . It could be like the subdivion out by lake geneva where you have to own an airplane (I think ?) to live there .

Instead of the neigborhood playground , you could have a go cart track and ATV/ motorcycle trails...:D

USMARINE1108
05-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Maybe someone should buy 200 acres near GLD and start a subdivision for gear heads . It could be like the subdivion out by lake geneva where you have to own an airplane (I think ?) to live there .

Instead of the neigborhood playground , you could have a go cart track and ATV/ motorcycle trails...:D

And a shooting range!

JOHN 86GT
05-31-2014, 02:21 PM
And a shooting range!

instead of a gated community , it could be a guarded community .

LIL EVO
05-31-2014, 06:28 PM
Caledonia lol. I now have one neighbor that threatens my business anonymously via email and Facebook because of "high school fart cans", my next door neighbor that calls the police when there is any motor noise of any kind, another neighbor that calls the police when my bonfire flames are too high and also when I have too many vehicles.. never again. I'm moving to the fucking woods.

cyclone70
05-31-2014, 09:34 PM
We just move to mount pleasant and been meeting a few car guys here and there so far. We live in an older subdivision and the village said I could add a detached garage 1000 sq ft or less. For being on a 1/2 acre lot that is decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickerz
05-31-2014, 10:06 PM
And a shooting range!

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/832/bender.jpg

lordairgtar
06-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Muskego is pretty nice. Lot's of car guys here.

-stew-
06-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Muskego is pretty nice. Lot's of car guys here.

Mukego won't allow a Taco Bell to be built there. I won't set foot in that town.

Nickerz
06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Mukego won't allow a Taco Bell to be built there. I won't set foot in that town.

Correct. I live near Muskego and they produce diamonds out of their tight asses. Additionally, they pretty much wrecked the town square over a tax dispute over a 15 year period. There may be car guys there, but it's not a car guy town.

That being said I've been thinking about this more and some comments about East Troy police and the growth of Genesee have made me realize that this is probably not a winnable battle from a "macro" standpoint. East Troy of all places is attempting to gentrify, Genesee will with time.

The only real logical solution then for me is to find locations that are wooded\private. We found some really nice locations in Douseman, Delafield and Genesee. Forest\Pole Barn is the only solution. People are too fucking white, period. Game over =|

-stew-
06-02-2014, 04:06 PM
You either gotta get way out in the sticks, or deep in the hood with a secure building. Part of me wants to buy a building in the hood instead of buying a house. A two story light industrial building would be the shit. Secure the first floor and use that as parking, garage and shop area, second story for living space, oops, I mean for watchmans quarters, and the roof for green space.

wrath
06-02-2014, 04:55 PM
You either gotta get way out in the sticks, or deep in the hood with a secure building. Part of me wants to buy a building in the hood instead of buying a house. A two story light industrial building would be the shit. Secure the first floor and use that as parking, garage and shop area, second story for living space, oops, I mean for watchmans quarters, and the roof for green space.

And turret gun.

Buy a whole city block in Detroit.

Prince Valiant
06-03-2014, 09:57 AM
East Troy of all places is attempting to gentrify, Genesee will with time.
Is it even possible for east troy to "gentrify"?

Nickerz
06-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Is it even possible for east troy to "gentrify"?

Well it doesn't need to be successful, but the town can delude itself by cracking down, trying to enforce a multitude of ordinances etc. All with some idea that eventually East Troy will be some notable niche community. All it really takes is one busy body in the right\wrong seat of the town. Look at Muskego, the town has been fighting a battle of identify for nearly 20 years. It was just the small car guy town, then it tried to be something more, failed at that and its giving it another go now. Muskego might pull it off, but I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't need to be an obtainable goal. I just don't think its in the American spirit anymore. Country is too fucking emasculated.

Nickerz
06-03-2014, 10:19 AM

I've rented these locations and honestly you're best getting a pole barn in your back yard. Commercial property is not cheap.