PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting

03CVLX
05-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Hey guys,

I need to have some window tinting done. Is Blackout on Hwy 100 still the preferred place in the Milwaukee area? I've always been happy with them but they seem crazy busy these days. Don't really want to wait almost a month to get this done and even then their hours really don't line up with my schedule. I don't mind driving a reasonable distance for awesome work either.

Thanks,

Tom

shawn
05-27-2014, 10:06 PM
I had my Tahoe done at elite electronics on south 27th. Think they charged me 80bucks for the front two windows. Haven't had a problem at all

77thor
05-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Blackout is good. Ziebart also does a good job with a national warranty.

Nix
05-28-2014, 09:22 AM
For what it's worth I stopped in at Ziebart in Waukesha and I was quoted $385 for a 1995 Z28. I've had multiple done over the years and I know the back hatch on those cars are a mother fucker to do. But for that price it was a joke. I called Blackout (Waukesha location) and was quoted $260ish I believe. But I've not had luck getting it in there yet.

Ziebart does great work but too expensive.

Nick

Sent from my PrimeCo Phone

xxtremeteam
05-28-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm going to use superior auto tint for my new ride to get driver/pass door tinted to match rear privacy glass I was quoted $60.00

Korndogg
05-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Have you ever looked at the reviews for Superior? I looked into them a while back because I'm looking to get both my Trailblazers done and I don't think I would let them touch my vechicles.

xxtremeteam
05-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Have you ever looked at the reviews for Superior? I looked into them a while back because I'm looking to get both my Trailblazers done and I don't think I would let them touch my vechicles.

They did my brothers car years ago still looks great his back window shattered once and they redid his tint at no cost even though it had nothing to do with there product

95mustang302
05-28-2014, 01:09 PM
i've had 6+ cars done at superior with no problems...

Korndogg
05-28-2014, 01:42 PM
I've heard decent things about them but from the bad reviews that I saw, I don't think I would take anything there. Stains on new cars upholstery, poorly cut tint, razor blade scratches on the windows, etc.

05caddyext
05-28-2014, 08:12 PM
I have had several cars tinted at Artistic on Sunset in Waukesha. Never had any issues, lifetime warranty also. It used to be called Sunbusters. They are always reasonable on prices, and they do very nice work. I have also had several cars tinted at Auto Elegance in Waukesha. They do very good work also, A LOT of dealers take their cars to them. Also lifetime warranty.

Korndogg
05-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Is the guy still around that used to have that barn on 27th and college? He did my s-10 back in high school and did really good work. I thought I heard his name a whole ago. I got my Silverado done at the place in South Milwaukee that isn't there anymore. I can't even remember the name. But that was a good tint job also.

buttersgt350
05-29-2014, 04:58 AM
Ziebart is way over priced, Blackout is very good quality, ive had 2 beaters tinted at Superior, good price, not the best job, but then again the cars i had done were $1500 beaters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyMax
05-29-2014, 11:30 AM
i've had 6+ cars done at superior with no problems...

Add 10 more of mine and friends of mine's done that were there too... all with no problems.

buttersgt350
05-29-2014, 02:46 PM
The old guy at superior is cool, and they play movies while you wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brotherbenn83
05-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Is the guy still around that used to have that barn on 27th and college? He did my s-10 back in high school and did really good work. I thought I heard his name a whole ago. I got my Silverado done at the place in South Milwaukee that isn't there anymore. I can't even remember the name. But that was a good tint job also.

His name is Joe, aka tinterforhire.com He's done 4 cars for me, none more than $200. They all have come out great.

Irish
05-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Will not return to Blackout.

VroomPshhTsi
05-30-2014, 07:01 AM
I usually go to blackout (had 3 cars done there) but might try somewhere new next time. They left my vette pretty dirty and the prices seem to be increasing more than they should.

Irish
05-30-2014, 08:24 AM
The price didn't bother me $90 for two windows. If it's done correctly, totally worth a $100.

What pissed me off is, on the way home the panel that holds the door and window switches in my door panel popped up.

This is in my Expedition. I looked closely only to find both clip retaining tabs broken.

I didn't bother calling back because I don't want them touching anything, again.

Yooformula
05-30-2014, 10:02 AM
I would call them Josh. Blackout removes door panels and has no problem fixing or replacing any item that breaks during install. They remove them to make sure the tint is below the panel edge so there is no rubbing on the tint edge and to make sure there is no heat damage on your panels from the heat gun. I have seen on several occasions other installers use a heat gun on the tint to get bubbles out and end up bleaching the color out of the door panels.

03CVLX
05-30-2014, 05:14 PM
I think blackout quoted me 160-180 for two doors and a windshield strip on my new to me expedition. That seems crazy high to me. Superior is 105 but I too was unsure about the reviews. I'll call around to the other places also to compare. Thanks everyone.

95mustang302
05-31-2014, 05:31 PM
Just had another car done at superior yesterday... top notch!

BlackLightning
05-31-2014, 05:48 PM
ziebart on hwy 100 sucks. I had my lightning done years ago and they had to redo the drivers side tint 3 times and also had to replace the glass on the drivers side because they put a 5" scratch in the glass. Then the last time they tinted it after they had someone come replace the glass they cut it too short and stuck a piece of black vinyl on it to cover it up.

Blackout gets my vote. They did an awesome job.

Jsho13
05-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Just got my truck front windows done on Friday and excellent work as usual. I have taken 6 vehicles to them and always satisfied. My 2012 I took to superior because they could get me in the same day. The tint from superior didn't match the factory rear and ended up going to blackout to have it stripped and redone correctly. The product Superior used had a greenish tint to it and was not close to factory - the stuff Blackout uses matches the rear windows almost exactly. I'll wait every time for Blackout.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Jsho13/Cars/559BC2C3-A974-42B1-8B19-FFE73FCF7F3B_zpstsxzppyq.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Jsho13/media/Cars/559BC2C3-A974-42B1-8B19-FFE73FCF7F3B_zpstsxzppyq.jpg.html)

Nix
06-01-2014, 04:13 PM
I ended up going with a recommended small ma and pop shop in Oconomowoc called KLS Window Tint. All three windows for my Camaro plus a front windshield tint strip for $280. They only have one tech and it's a older lady with 25 plus years experience.

I'm absolutely satisfied and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Nick

05caddyext
06-01-2014, 07:53 PM
is that the place that is in a run down gas station looking place? My dad goes there with every vehicle hes ever had. Never tried it myself, but it always looked like it was done right

Nix
06-02-2014, 03:36 AM
is that the place that is in a run down gas station looking place? My dad goes there with every vehicle hes ever had. Never tried it myself, but it always looked like it was done right

Yes sir, that's the place.

Nick

Irish
06-02-2014, 10:59 AM
I would call them Josh. Blackout removes door panels and has no problem fixing or replacing any item that breaks during install. They remove them to make sure the tint is below the panel edge so there is no rubbing on the tint edge and to make sure there is no heat damage on your panels from the heat gun. I have seen on several occasions other installers use a heat gun on the tint to get bubbles out and end up bleaching the color out of the door panels.

Thanks Yoo but, I fixed it myself. I'm not upset that they broke it. I'm irritated that they didn't tell me about, when it did break.

I realize it's not a high 5 figure or 6 figure car however, my money spends the same as those customers, when I pay.

I have three other cars that need to be tinted too.