PDA

View Full Version : question about brakes

LEWETHETIGER73
05-21-2014, 10:50 PM
So I have never had this happen to me and I am lost. Just replaced pads, rotors, and hardware minus the ppins on my 06 grand prix. Finished it up and drove into town. Get about 3 miles and I smell brakes. I get out and look and my drivers side is discolored and cooking. Go home and take everything apart and find nothing amis. I did the same thing to the other side and it all looks good. While driving I do not hear anything out of the ordinary, no grinding or squealing or squeeking. Pads were worn un even on the outside pad. Does this point to a bad caliper? Did I put the pin in the wrong spot? I installed the pin with the rubber grommet on the top and the one with out on the bottom. Thanks for the help. Oh and it is an 06 grand prix sc3.8

spooln30
05-22-2014, 03:55 AM
When you pushed in the calipers piston was it hard to get back in? I'd say it's either a bad caliper or a bad brake flex line. Could be collapsed and not allowing the piston to retract after to let off the petal.

LEWETHETIGER73
05-22-2014, 05:29 AM
I kinda figured it would be the caliper or line. Considering the mileage and how they have never been replaced before. Thanks