PDA

View Full Version : Anyone versed in cross referencing looking for a customer service job?

Nickerz
04-29-2014, 10:36 AM
I may be hiring a customer service rep in the next month or so here. I've got an ecommerce operation in the Milwaukee metro and we're by volume of in stock items the largest seller of auto parts on eBay in Wisconsin (There's a drop shipper larger than us in Green Bay). It's a great place to get a world class education about what it takes to have a professional eBay selling account. I haven't had access to hardcore eBay data in a while, but back in 12' when I did we were the 113th largest account on eBay Motors P&A out of 60,000 sellers.

Requirements

Understands how to cross reference auto parts using cross reference numbers
Understands how to verify fitment using year\make\model lookups
Types at a high rate of speed without using "hunt and peck"
Is computer literate and knows their way around Word, Excel etc
Does not have a criminal history
Is willing and able to lift and move inventory up to 80lbs (this is a small company, so work is often shared between positions often)

Just shoot a PM and we can hash it out from there.

Hours wise, it's 30-40 hours a week and I'm really flexible as long as it doesn't become an issue. The job environment is laid back but I expect people to be self starters, there's not a whole lot of micro managing here. People are expected to get their work done with minimal oversight. The job has occasional to frequent warehouse duties in the form of inventorying, moving stock, shipping orders etc. So anyone with back\neck\handicap issues will not be able to work in this position.

This is a small company, so to be honest there's not a whole lot of room for promotions and the like, but the shortest I've ever had someone work for me was just under 2 years. For people looking to gain experience, or who just want a job that they aren't treated like dirt, this is a good fit. Job hoppers and ladder climbers, not so much. There is no information firewall here, so it's a great place to learn a ton about running an ecommerce business. Several people in this warehouse have started ecommerce businesses of their own in different verticals. We do however have non-competes specifically for auto parts.

Look forward to hearing from BCMers and their friends!

DerangedPony
04-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Looks like your inbox is full. Can I get your e-mail address?

Nickerz
05-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Just cleared out my messages, sorry about that!

Andy6789
05-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Sent you a PM