PDA

View Full Version : 305 TBI gas mileage?

ccas
10-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Just a quick question to anyone else out there with the 305 TBI... I just replace my blown engine with Tyler's old one, and I'm not sure what kind of mileage I should be getting. Right now I'm getting about 17 average city/hwy, I think I need to change my fuel filter as the car sputters at low throttle and I have a MAP sensor issue, but other than that the engine runs very strong. Was just wondering what the rest of you guys with this engine are getting. Mine is a daily driver and I was really hoping to get a little better than the 17 I've been getting so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Pepsicola300
10-05-2004, 06:12 PM
:goof http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201785&highlight=TBI+gas+milage

check it out..

I get horrible milage on my TBI only cause I'm on the gas all the time..

ccas
10-06-2004, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the link, not sure where that puts me. I really need to find out why my service light is on. Also has anyone else had or heard of the car shuddering and jerking at low throttle, like trying to cruise at 25 or 50? Mine is doing it pretty bad, changed the fuel filter didn't help. Any thoughts?

Knyghtmare
10-06-2004, 03:38 PM
How is it shuddering? Like its not getting enough gas?

Have you checked out www.thirdgen.org? Go there and sign up for their boards and I garentee there will be more help there about the 3rd gens then there is here.

ccas
10-07-2004, 08:33 AM
It seemed like it was starving for gas, but I flipped my air cleaner lid over yesterday and now with the added air flow it seems to have stopped. Other than that the engine is running great. Thanks again, it's so nice to be able to drive my car again after 5 years. You get your ecu problem sorted out yet?

*edit* Nevermind it still seems to be starving for fuel around 2000 RPM at light throttle. Anyone have any ideas?

rsscoty
10-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Dude,
My tuning is screwed right now due to a need of plugs and wires etc...etc.. and get around 20 in town and about 21 on the hwy. I have gotten as high as 26.5 on the hwy.

More importantly how many rpms have you guys spun. I have had mine in excess of 6500 rpm and it is still cranking, that is with 196000 mi also :rockwoot:

Scoty

P.S. I also start a new job tomorrow. I will be working as a foreman for a metal building company here in Arkansas as a foreman. Same money a truck and no traveling woo hoo.