PDA

View Full Version : Are there any affordable places for petcare?

Yooformula
03-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows of affordable places to go for our dogs. We gotta get shots for one, get the other one fixed and check ups but I cant afford a mortgage payment..lol

Korndogg
03-10-2014, 12:14 PM
We take both of our dogs to Animal Campus in Franklin. I know it's kind of far for you.

http://www.animalcampus.com/

We go to the vet and also board them there when we go to the Dells car show and all that. We've been very happy with them. I've referred several people to them and everyone has been extremely happy.

They have a huge yard with a pond for the dogs and also a smaller area for small dogs. If you look on their facebook page they have a ton of pictures that they take daily and upload. They actually still have pics of my dogs from a couple years ago haha.

Rocket Power
03-10-2014, 02:34 PM
I know MADACC does some shots and may fix dogs too. The shots are pretty cheap.
http://www.madacc.org/

kevcuda
03-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Animal Campus is a good place I agree but not the place to go if your on a budget.

Korndogg
03-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Cheaper than the last place I was at. Plus I at least feel that I'm getting my money's worth there. I agree that they aren't cheap but what decent vet is?

michelle
03-11-2014, 06:49 AM
I've been very happy utilizing the "Care Credit" credit card. Interest free credit card that I can use on medical stuff, but it includes vet care. Last year, I took all 4 dogs in the same day for shots/yearly appointment. My bill was very high, but the Care Credit gave me 9 months interest-free to pay it off. Didn't take that long, but it was nice to not have to hand over a chunk of money in one day. I split it between three months.

Also used it for my wisdom teeth removal dental bill, especially since I didn't have dental insurance at the time. That wasn't a very nice bill. I think I had 18 months on that one, since the timeline depends on the total.

Gregor
03-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Sometimes Petco has walk in clinic days. Just need to check with them. A local VCA Vet will show up with a few vet techs and basically give shots on the cheap. We have done it a few times.

The people at the store freak out when I have to pry my Maine Coon out of his dog carrier. Nothing like a 20 pound cat to get attention.

kevcuda
03-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Cheaper than the last place I was at. Plus I at least feel that I'm getting my money's worth there. I agree that they aren't cheap but what decent vet is?

No vet is cheap IMO but shopping around I found them the most expensive in the area that I found anyway.

pOrk
03-13-2014, 04:26 AM
MADACC does spay and neuter for $75 fir MKE residents abd they have cheap vaccinations as well. The only vet we trust is Dr. Blessing spirit of 76th in Stallis

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Yooformula
03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the tips. Looking into the care credit option to get our little one fixed but for the rest of the care, looks like we are going to crawford vet next week.

lilws6
03-13-2014, 11:22 AM
we take our animals for spirit of 76th as well the fiancé insisted we see no one but dr. troy lol as for prices I am unsure I just pay the bill I don't ask :(