PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about this car? Was registered in Delafield for a while

05caddyext
02-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know anything about this mustang? I went to check it out a few days ago, the carfax shows it was registered in Delafield for a while about 4 years ago. I know there is another orange 2004 Mustang GT running around there with tinted windows, it used to be mine, my dad bought it from me a few years ago. That one doesn't have any black painted stuff or black wheels. The only other orange mustang I have ever seen in the area was an orange terminator about 5 years ago. I'd like to know if anyone knows anything about this car? Looks very clean, has strut tower brace, battery relocation to trunk, rear-seat delete, subframes. Wouldn't do that unless you were auto-xing or bracket racing right? Was a decent pool of fluid under the rear dif in the showroom, and guy didn't know if it had gears done. Car also has some kind of onboard programmer. I'd like to buy this car, just not sure what I'd be getting into, could be beaten to death. They won't let me drive it until the roads are better.

http://www.kenolsonusedcars.net/2004_Ford_Mustang_Cambridge_WI_211266012.veh

blackmage
02-21-2014, 10:16 AM
car just seems dirty and driven hard imho. That bama tuner is sold by AmericanMuscle.com. what do they mean by rear sway bar kit? they all have rear sway bars from the factory.. lol has maximum motorsports caster/camber plates. must be an MM strut tower brace too. The wheels are from AmericanMuscle as well, the cetner cap gives that away. The engine looks stock minus the BBK CAI. Drive it and see how she does. That rear diff leak would concern me a little bit, see what the RPM's are at when your cruising in 5th at 60mph, that should give us a good indication of what the gears might be.

GTSLOW
02-21-2014, 10:54 AM
I'd have to agree with mage. Under hood looks like it was never cleaned or taken care of. Rear diff leak right in the showroom? Show's how much the dealership took care of it... Mustangs are all over, I'd look for a different one.

animal
02-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Having had the 04 in the past. The thing that was most irritating to me about the car is that I couldn't seem to keep the brake calipers from dragging and not releasing. After about 15k you'd have to get new calipers again (they were cheap to replace anyway). Tried cleaning them up too, but it always ended up the same way where you'd apply the brake, and it wouldn't fully release. Itd run through pads as a result. The only way found to fix was a new caliper. Other than that one brake issue though the car was solid, never had one other problem with it ever. In fact if it wasn't for that I might still have that car.