PDA

View Full Version : Calling all car thieves/ car alarm know it alls

Slow5oh
02-07-2014, 10:45 PM
I parked the car for winter, ran and drove fine, no issues what so ever. I wanted to pull my seats out and start it up and let it run a bit on Monday. I bought a new battery and when I hooked it up the alarm went off. I found if I had the keys in the ignition, in the "on" position the alarm didn't go off. So I got that head banging catastrophe under control, disarmed the alarm, checked the factory key fob, that worked, lock/unlock worked on the after market alarm. But the car won't start. I found the model of the alarm and found a manual, and one of the features is a starter disable. I can't do a manual over ride because I don't know the pass code to do so.

Basically what I'm asking is if there is a shop or someone that can reset, or disable the alarm if I show proof that I own the vehicle. It's literally wired into everything, hood pressure switch, doors, trunk and glass. I'm not about to try and rip it out as I feel that will be an even bigger nightmare.

It's an Audiovox Prestige alarm, if that matters.

Moparjim
02-07-2014, 11:16 PM
A lot of times something resets it like using the actual key in the drivers door, holding buttons on the fob when you connect the battery up, etc. Google it?

Moparjim
02-07-2014, 11:19 PM
http://www.fixya.com/support/t1618412-dead_car_battery_vehicle_audiovox_aps

Is it this alarm?

Slow5oh
02-08-2014, 12:41 AM
No its the aps800c i downloaded two different manuals and neither say anything. I also called audiovox but cant actually get through to a person.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reverend Cooper
02-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Austin call me later today I will help you

Moparjim
02-08-2014, 07:50 PM
So does this mean Coop steals cars? :)

twicks69
02-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Is there a disable button hidden under a panel or by a kick panel? I had this issue with my Audiovox built-in alarm/remote start on my Subie; screwed the keyfob and dealt with an immobilized car with the alarm going off. I popped the hood, cut the alarm horn so I didn't have to deal with noise, then I found a hidden panel switch by my driver side kick panel and disabled the auto-kill with a few hits of the switch. Then when I finally got a replacement FOB I just did the instructions for reinstall from Audiovox. As for a passcode, try 0000, 1234, 0123, etc first if you have a numerical passcode to enter. Otherwise, if you have the FOB, then it is normally a combination of buttons to push.

Totally lame, but I have been there with it. I was still able to start the car within 30 seconds of alarm turning on with two crying children and people staring at me. Easy peasy.

Reverend Cooper
02-11-2014, 12:03 PM
So does this mean Coop steals cars? :)

Lololo lol

BoosTT
02-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Look for a small push butten near the alarm controller. Usually you need to disarm the system an press the button within a few seconds.

Slow5oh
02-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the help guys! Got it started and everything under control!