PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade my 2012 Chyrlser 200 whats the most reliable trade value site

05caddyext
01-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Looking at trading in my 2012 Chrysler 200 touring. I see wildly different values depending on what sites you look at. I hate going to the dealer to get an appraisal because I am not ready to purchase today, but in the near future. What's the best place to get a realistic value without dicking around at the dealership for an entire afternoon?

GTSLOW
01-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Carmax

Waver
01-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Carmax

No not Carmax.....sometimes they are good, other times they offer you a third of the value.....

Best way to measure what their vehicle is worth is go to Edminds.com, and get their trade in value. if you check the box above average when it has rust you are only cheating your self, so click average.

Notice how I didnt say Kelly is an average of what has gone through in the last 6 months where Edmunds is with in the last week. The other part of that is kelly dosnt adjust the value if you are over 100,000 miles or over 200,000 miles.....it will always be the same value. Edmunds does adjust the value.

88Nightmare
01-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Yeah I would second Edmunds. That's with a "u" not an "i". A friend of mine in the auto finance industry appraises cars/loan values using edmunds so I've always used that.

77thor
01-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Edmunds. I would also compare the value with Kelly (KBB.com)

Larrygto
01-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Carmax is pretty good with newer cars, plus then you have a written offer to use when the salesman at whatever dealer you go to tries to dick you around with a lowball offer

DNT H8
01-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Edmunds. That's with a "u" not an "i".
The "U" is directly next to the "I" on a keyboard, case of the fat finger im sure : ) but nice of you to spell check...

spooln30
01-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Dealerships don't use KBB or Nada they use what's called the Black Book and what they've been sellung for at the auctions. These values are definitely lower then the other two and this is why I would highly suggest you sell your car privately. That's unless you can actually find a dealer that will give you close to what you need to get from it. Not sure which sub model, miles, options or overall condition you have but you could probably see $12,5-14,500 selling privately or most likely $7-8,500 trading it in.

GTSLOW
01-30-2014, 10:41 AM
No not Carmax.....sometimes they are good, other times they offer you a third of the value.....

Best way to measure what their vehicle is worth is go to Edminds.com, and get their trade in value. if you check the box above average when it has rust you are only cheating your self, so click average.

Notice how I didnt say Kelly is an average of what has gone through in the last 6 months where Edmunds is with in the last week. The other part of that is kelly dosnt adjust the value if you are over 100,000 miles or over 200,000 miles.....it will always be the same value. Edmunds does adjust the value.

I've had good luck there twice so I dunno. I suppose it depends on what they want.

Waver
01-30-2014, 11:10 AM
I've had good luck there twice so I dunno. I suppose it depends on what they want.

Fair enough. The few times I tried them before I started selling I left there thinking that they can go screw them self. This was on vehicles that were older than three years old