PDA

View Full Version : How do you protect your wheels from theifs?

GTSLOW
09-29-2004, 08:15 PM
I need some sort of protection because my truck is going to parked outside during the night. Do those wheel locks work? Do they make them that work with aftermarket wheels?

Lash
09-29-2004, 08:32 PM
I use gorilla wheel locks. They work good...and the only way to get an extra/same key is to send in the code that you got with the key. I don't know how many different key's there are though. It's better than nothing. I don't know what else you could do.

mattGT95
09-29-2004, 08:36 PM
i can get a wheel lock off in about 2 minutes now.

Really, I've had to do it about 5 times now for friends. a few extra sockets, a good hammer, and off they go.

Lash
09-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Well then put a lock on each stud...see how fast you get a set of rims off then...lol :rockwoot:

The $ it would cost you in sockets would even it out. :D

GTSLOW
09-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Well I talked to my dad. He's gonna let me park in the garage the whole month I'm home! It would still be nice to find some sort of locker lugz that work!

Got a website for these gorrila locks or are they a local buy?

Lash
09-29-2004, 08:58 PM
You can get them local.....like autozone or something.

heres their site...http://www.gorilla-auto.com/

I personally like the "Acorn Open end" style. But my lug nuts were hidden under center caps.

Cryptic
09-29-2004, 09:21 PM
fvck them damn wheel locks... I had on locking lug snap on me while I was changing a flat, which pretty much left me fuct

then when I went to rotate the tires the key broke.

I ended on hammering on a deep well socket to remove them all from the car for good

( I should mention these were the stock Mazda ones, not sure if any other brands are as chinsy)

SLOWC5
09-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I just bought gorilla locking lugs for all the lugs, gorilla makes a kit. I misplaced my old key so I just pounded a socket on the lock and turned it off. Was as easy as using a normal socket for a normal lug nut. I only bought the all locking set cause then they all look the same. and Summit sells the GORILLA line. it was $35 for a complete set of 20 nuts and one wrench/socket.

JEFF

Pig Pen
09-29-2004, 09:32 PM
A Glock...

Knyghtmare
09-29-2004, 09:47 PM
I'd have to go with a Sig personally...

Pig Pen
09-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Sig's are very nice hand guns...I want one actually, but I like my .45 Glock, its lightly modified with a lighter trigger and a flash surpressor, which I still haven't found out is illegal or not to have, but was installed by our weapons tech anyways....

PB86MCSS
09-29-2004, 10:07 PM
What kind of wheels do you have? If you have to park your vehicle outside and it has some real fancy wheels, I'd personally find a cheaper set or nothing that a theif wouldn't want specifically....usually someone would try to steal the whole thing and get the wheels, quicker than taking them off one by one many times, I'd think.

Try locking lugs for all lugs, different sets ;).

SlowStee
09-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Sig's are very nice hand guns...I want one actually, but I like my .45 Glock, its lightly modified with a lighter trigger and a flash surpressor, which I still haven't found out is illegal or not to have, but was installed by our weapons tech anyways....
role model type cop :thumbsup

Pig Pen
09-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Well, whats in question, is that some believe that a flash surpressor technically makes a hand gun an assault weapon, while it has no effect on how fast the shooter takes to pull the trigger. It does take away alot of kick from the gun though, you can practically fire shot after shot with barely no kick back, which is why I have it in the first place.

DirtyMax
09-29-2004, 10:51 PM
How many do you plan on putting in them?

Al
09-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Steel wheels and hub caps work fine.

GTSLOW
09-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Do they make ones that work with those black fake gm lug cap thingys?

Pig Pen
09-30-2004, 03:36 PM
How many do you plan on putting in them?
I don't know if this was for me or not...But, watch the video on the State Troopers vs. the 2 Skin Head video, then you see my point. I think the shoot out happened somewhere in the south?