PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather have the ZL1

95mustang302
01-06-2014, 10:09 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/06/2014-chevy-camaro-z28-priced-at-75000/?intcmp=features

20k more than the zl1... despite the times on the track... I feel like 20k would buy me a significant advantage with the zl1.

VroomPshhTsi
01-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah I was pretty stunned with the price. A $75,000 Camaro just sounds wrong.

Neal Steffek
01-06-2014, 02:47 PM
So they are going to charge you an extra $20K to give you less in your car? Why did we bail GM out again?

95mustang302
01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
and honestly after thinking about this... a c7 with a few upgrades would also destroy that thing...

Lash
01-06-2014, 05:05 PM
GM is really starting to suck.

spooln30
01-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Lol starting?

spooln30
01-06-2014, 05:50 PM
GD I didn't realize those Camaros were such pigs. 4,120 lbs for the ZL1.

nismodave
01-06-2014, 07:27 PM
75K?

http://i25.tinypic.com/103tok7.jpg

JOHN 86GT
01-06-2014, 09:05 PM
$75,000 before the mark up .....

Ricky Bobby
01-07-2014, 08:03 AM
id still take the zl1 which im thinking about lol

jbiscuit
01-07-2014, 08:54 AM
^ Yes! I hope you get one Tony!

Ricky Bobby
01-07-2014, 03:05 PM
oh believe me im trying!

WhatsADSM
01-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Its a toy collector last hurrah type of car.
They are going after a small market for higher margin.

My big issue with it is just the marketing of the name. Suddenly they change this gen z28 to a different meaning from the previous two gens?! WTF?

95 TA - The Beast
01-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Its a toy collector last hurrah type of car.
They are going after a small market for higher margin.

My big issue with it is just the marketing of the name. Suddenly they change this gen z28 to a different meaning from the previous two gens?! WTF?

I agree... They are making it some sort of "trendy" moniker more than what it was originally...

Personally, I would spend the extra and get the 'Vette... At $75k it is just obscene...

Sorry, the "retro" market isn't what they think it is... Sure you will have a few successful redneck types that "have to have it because it is a Z28", but the majority of people that were in the market for the 4th-gen Z28s are no-where near this kind of pricetag... Hell, in the past most in for a top-of-the-line Corvette weren't in the price range of these cars today...

Things just seem to have gotten stupid in car pricing... These things are in the pricing catagories of the Vipers and such... And notice not as many bought them because of the high prices...

If GM wants to move more cars they need to offer a performance car in the $35-40k pricerange that can 'hang' with the $75k+ cars... This kind of stuff is just indicative of society in general, ie, "If you can't afford it, fuck you and the rest of the poor" type of attitude...

Cars in general are stupid expensive for what you get, honestly... Sure, there are some gems that give the idea they are a better "value" than the other offerings, but in general almost all cars in the last 5 years+ are way overpriced... Corporate greed I guess...

95 TA - The Beast
01-07-2014, 06:49 PM
And I will add, it wouldn't be so bad if salaries kept up with these huge increases in pricetags on everything from cars to supplies and even houses... I just don't know anyone that has had a salary increase in the 200-300% range like prices of a lot of things have done in the past 10-15 years...

VroomPshhTsi
01-07-2014, 08:11 PM
GM is really starting to suck.

I wouldn't go that far. The CTS just won Motortrend's car of the year award and the new vette is getting great reviews.

Lash
01-07-2014, 08:32 PM
MotorTrend.... Pssssssh.
GM is so out of touch with the average consumer in the sports car market that I could care less what they think. Mustangs are looking nicer every day.

95 TA - The Beast
01-07-2014, 11:15 PM
MotorTrend.... Pssssssh.
GM is so out of touch with the average consumer in the sports car market that I could care less what they think. Mustangs are looking nicer every day.

I will tend to agree... Not saying the new 'Vette and even the Camaros aren't "tasty", they are just "unrealistic"...

Honestly, the best bet is the AWD or low-range 2WD CTS varients... Great "bang for the buck" so to speak, for what they are...

Other than that, GM seems to think that a rehashed Impala will be interesting, or that a "modern day" Malibu will somehow excite people...

I think they would be better off killing off the old monikers because no-one gives a shit anymore... Come up with some unique names for platforms that are new and innovative... Chrylser did that and they showed it doesn't matter... The only people that would bitch are those that aren't buying anyways...

In general I think that most automakers are out of touch... I will concur, regardless of how poorly some of the aesthetics are done on the new Mustang, it is still at least "obtainable"... And I don't think I would ever buy a Mustang, only because I think Ford's standards are for shit in many ways... I only bought a Lincoln because they are such a step above it makes it worthwhile and never regretted that decision... No way would I ever buy a Taurus SHO and be happy, the aesthetics are for shit... I can only hope that Lincoln continues the evolution they were under and breaks away from the Ford cheapness...

GTSLOW
01-08-2014, 10:23 AM
There's no way that's right? 75K for a Z28? So what the Z28 is now better than the SS?

I'm so confused....... :durr

VroomPshhTsi
01-13-2014, 06:56 PM
I still think 75k is too much but when you realize this is a 100% ready track car and check out the cars it beat around Nurburgring (7:37), 75k doesn't sound so crazy.

http://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times/lap-times-top-100/

GHOSST
01-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Yea, they pitched the track ready car, going back to the original z/28 track inspired cars. Interesting, but nothing your average car buyer would be in the market for. Simply, the days of the gm performance "average consumer" car went out the window with the re-introduction of the 2010 Camaro SS. And I'm talking the SS, not that 20k (ish) Camaro you see all over the road. You can get a used SS pretty cheap nowadays, which isn't bad. But then again it seems they aren't holding their value.

My father in law just snagged a nice C7 Stingray. Hella sweet ride! Interesting they reused the LT1 Moniker. That should throw a wrench in all kinds of crap talking, haha.

IMO they could have came with something more original...