PDA

View Full Version : No more big 3?

BOSS LX
01-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Kinda sad....
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140101/AUTO0101/301010062/Fiat-reaches-4-35-billion-deal-buy-rest-Chrysler?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

spooln30
01-02-2014, 03:24 AM
There's still the "Big 3", it's just Toyota, Volkswagen and GM. Lol.

jbiscuit
01-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Yea heard about this this morning. It is sad but maybe Fiat can turn Chrysler around? Time will tell

Moparjim
01-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Apparently everyone has forgetten that Chrysler was already owned by Daimler for about five years or so yeah they were already foreign owned. I predict this ownership stint will go about the same. Fiat will swipe everything left that they want, use Chrysler dealer network to get into our market and sell either flat out Fiats, or Chrysler cars that have Fiat licensed drivetrains and parts that they gouge the Chrysler divisions for, sell th crap out of trucks and jeep segments that they didnt have a product in, possibly even sell off assets and divisions though there isnt much left after Daimler. When its all done in a half decade or so they will resell what is left.

animal
01-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Fiat. heh.

jbiscuit
01-02-2014, 08:08 PM
I do agree with Jim that Fiat needed a better dealer network and the truck products to further their brand offering. Fiat is a huge company with a lot of global business sense so I am curious to see what their intentions really are.

Moparjim
01-03-2014, 12:50 PM
What really confuses me about this deal is Fiat had already gotten the first big chunk totally for free somehow as part of the previous restructuring. Now they are getting the rest for only a few billion, with the other 2.something billion being paid for by Chrysler.. so how does Chrysler paying to buy themselves for Fiat work for them lol. Basically Fiat now got 100 percent of the place for virtually nothing. No wonder Fiat stock jumped to its highest in many years they basically stole the place.