PDA

View Full Version : Shooter's Shop

Rocket Power
12-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Holy crap, just stopped in there today for the first time in a while. Apparently they didn't get the memo that the panic is over. $2800 for a colt 6920 that everyone else sells for $1200 or so? $649 for an M&P compact?

Their prices make gander mountain look like a bargain.

I can't believe they can stay in business. Must just be the people that don't compare prices.

Russ Jerome
12-12-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.mwshooters.com/

Short drive up 41/45 I have never been happier with prices, rifles laid out with no 17yr old kid dry cycling it to wear out unloaded action before handing it to you. Nobody who doesnt know anything about guns standing over you watching like your gonna kill yourself. Nice people and prices are similar to internet. Most recent purchase was a stainless Marlin 22 with hardwood stock for $149, cheapest I have ever seen.

Wagonbacker9
12-12-2013, 05:41 PM
shooters shop has always been a fucking joke. They tried to offer me $500 for my custom AR, didn't even ask what was in it. Because they "had to leave room to make money on it".

Josepy
12-12-2013, 05:46 PM

Short drive up 41/45 I have never been happier with prices, rifles laid out with no 17yr old kid dry cycling it to wear out unloaded action before handing it to you. Nobody who doesnt know anything about guns standing over you watching like your gonna kill yourself. Nice people and prices are similar to internet. Most recent purchase was a stainless Marlin 22 with hardwood stock for $149, cheapest I have ever seen.

X2 on Midwest. They are about 7 minutes from me. They usually have or will beat competitors prices. They even priced matched my two-tone xds for well under $600.

Russ Jerome
12-12-2013, 05:55 PM
I think I spent 1/2 an hour talking to an employee comparing the .260 to the 6.5x284 as practical hunting and target round, then another employee gatherd and we talked for another 1/2 hr....first gun vendor I ever met who knew as much about ballistics as I do. I was sold then and love going back.

Lash
12-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Shooters shop...the place that is against Constitutional Carry and wanted training requirements that were catered to their instructors.

Shooters Shop....Where you're only welcome if you don't ask a question, spend more money than something is worth, and don't fire more than 1 round every 10 seconds on the range.

The owner is a complete douche and so are his minions. I'd only go there if it was the last place on earth to buy guns. Even then its questionable.

Lash
12-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Fletcher's isn't bad either. Their prices are still a little high IMO.... But at least they aren't complete pricks.

Silver350
12-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Fletcher's isn't bad either. Their prices are still a little high IMO.... But at least they aren't complete pricks.

I would prefer to pay more money for their great customer service. Majority of the time they will straight up tell you if they can match gun prices or not. Sometimes you can find guns cheaper then other local area stores. Usually its a price on a more expensive firearm.

Rocket Power
12-12-2013, 11:38 PM

I stopped there quick on my way back from door county once. Gotta make it up there again.

spooln30
12-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Fleet Farms are pretty good on prices too, not everything though. I bought my Taurus Millennium G2 for $60 cheaper than Gander and other local places I checked. Their ammo isn't priced to bad neither. Speaking of ammo, I read in Cabelas sales paper that came today 900 round of 115gr 9mm ammo for $209. That's only .23 a bullet. I can barely make them for that cheap. Probably going to swing up that way this week to grab a box.

Russ Jerome
12-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Another overlooked price value is outlying Walmarts, if you know what you want some times there sale prices are stupid low.

Moparjim
12-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Just throwing my couple cents in re local gun shops... I think Fletcher's is pretty awesome. Sure you can find stuff cheaper "on sale" at places, online, on armslist, through a few guys on here all of which I obviously still recommend and shop as well but overall their prices are pretty decent what I would call "fair" for a brick and mortar store. The guys there are always friendly and knowledgable without being arrogant. They have a pretty fun pistol league, one of the only places around here that I could find. My wife loves it there she shoots in the league as well and a lot of the guys have been real helpful to her and I. She is a woman of course so its automatic for her lol but Bob the guy that gives lessons has helped me out plenty for free with advice and tips etc. as well.

Lash
12-13-2013, 09:26 PM
I've bought a few guns from Fletcher's. Its usually the first place I go to, and its the only indoor range I use.

Reverend Cooper
12-13-2013, 10:22 PM
The only thing to do at sbooters or fletchers is target shoot. Both their prices are retarded.

Rocket Power
12-13-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't shoot at shooters shop anymore. Between the price of range time and the fact I don't like crap flying back at me when other people are shooting, forget them.

-stew-
12-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Was at shooters a few weeks ago. I'm not super up on prices but they were asking $100-150 more than I paid for my sr40c. I paid $460 out the door at Shortys a year ago, shooters was asking $500-550 for various sr models. The guy there just kinda shouted across the store if I needed anything, I told him I was browsing and he went back to talking to some broad who was possibly working there on her lap top shoping for ugg boots bitching about prices. Last time I was there the dunce behind the counter out of nowhere just starts spouting off about how the holocaust never happened. Its a good place to go to find out what expensive guns cost.

-stew-
09-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Stopped in there today to ask about and handle some AK's. Walked out out with a 10/22. Good price and good service. Weird.

Rocket Power
09-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Must have been an accident. Lol

DNT H8
09-07-2014, 09:57 PM
My wife loves it there she shoots in the league as well.
Good to hear... I will be joining their league this month, I shoot at Daniel Boone but their pistol league does not bring much competition. Hoping to see some solid shooters at Fletcher's.

I only shoot indoor if I have too...

Russ Jerome
09-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Wanderd thru Brew city shooters (old Badger on 43rd?) and Shooters shop last night knowing what .380 pocket pistols cost online and at Cabelas/Gander....holy crap!!! $250 guns for $399-450! A Ruger LCR is just over $300 anywhere, both had $499+ prices! $599 base model AR's for $2100! I understand making a buck but they are finacing the whole mortgage payment with a single sale (that they rarely get I guess).

Went to the new to me Shorty's on 60th st by Greenfield in Stallis and was happily surprised, not box store prices but not horrible and with better selection.Ran into a guy I had met before who shoots long range target, talked balitics for some time and invited to hit range while closed. If I support a local store it will be them, have not looked at Fletchers yet.

Russ Jerome
09-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Another happy surprise was Fletchers today, cant believe I have not been there before. There FB page has active pricing. Taurus 380 started at 299, little over box store but the bargains were Rugers starting out just over 300. * Watch for Newbie gun renters wandering off range with uncased and breach closed pistols, me an guy behind counter kinda freaked when this asian dude comes waving a gun he says wont fire...with clip in it and slide racked!!*

Wagonbacker9
09-15-2014, 07:56 AM
I was at fletchers 2 weekends back teaching my sister and cousin how to shoot, and they both showed more safety discipline than either of the newbie groups around us.

(Guys around us were also definitely jealous when my sister stepped up to the DE 44 mag, but thats way off topic).

Russ Jerome
09-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Im looking at pocket pistols and your sister is being the Boss!
Oh and I hit Midwest shooters Sunday, GREAT pistol prices!
Like used LCR with lazer $299, NIB same as Gander with large inventory.

Wagonbacker9
09-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Indeed.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/Wagonbacker9/Guns/A0BA0325-E4B3-4001-9827-808D729B7172_zps4gw04jac.jpg