PDA

View Full Version : Street Outlaws

spooln30
12-09-2013, 09:48 PM
:confused

spooln30
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
I find it funny that in every show Big Chief says they need to find a new spot to race and drive to find one but it looks like the same place they've raced in every episode. Also it has to be a permitted spot because why would they set up those huge lights if not for the cameras to get a better shot. Fake. I would like to see some of the bad ass cars in Milw shut these guys up.

Lash
12-09-2013, 10:07 PM
The top 5 on that list are bad ass cars. Not sure anybody around here even has the balls to race that shit on the street. Murder Nova is a deeeeep 7 second car.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_PSRLLdXzxw?autoplay=1

Boostaddct
12-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Even though they have permits and that portion of the show is staged.....they are still racing on unprepped street surfaces and racing for real...Like Lash said the top 5 of that list would most likely take down anything Milwaukee has for them...the bottom half of the list might be something they could touch.

spooln30
12-09-2013, 11:29 PM
I am not doubting some of their cars are fast but I know of some Supras, GTR's and Lambos that could beat a lot of them. Like said the road is the challenge for sure. Trying to put down over 1k HP is hard. But using that same place to shoot the shows races the road has plenty of rubber laid down already. Also by no means are any of the OK cars street cars. They just race them on the street.

spooln30
12-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Btw show me a vid of a 7 sec pass in that Nova because I doubt it runs that. For sure 8's but theyre cars are set up for 1/8 mile. It's fast a all hell and leaves hard a fuck but low 7'?

Boostaddct
12-10-2013, 01:20 AM
I am not doubting some of their cars are fast but I know of some Supras, GTR's and Lambos that could beat a lot of them. Like said the road is the challenge for sure. Trying to put down over 1k HP is hard. But using that same place to shoot the shows races the road has plenty of rubber laid down already. Also by no means are any of the OK cars street cars. They just race them on the street.

There is no GTR that would hang with the top 5....Last week they took a T1R GTR making 1200whp and it got smoked by a Nova that couldn't even make #10 on the list....These cars are setup to hit and hook from a dig and run mainly 1/8 mile. You won't find timeslips on most of these cars cause they are legitimate grudge racers that base their income on racing and they won't give up times like that. But if you paid any attention to Drag Week there were "streetable" cars running in the 6s consistently and driving from track to track pulling trailers behind them. The top few cars are making 1500hp+ easy.

There might be a few Supras (the drag built ones) that can hang with the top dogs, but no GTRs or Lambos....Fastest UGR Lambo is 8.21 and Omega car just tapped 7s.

spooln30
12-10-2013, 01:57 AM
There are a few 1900,2000 awhp Lambos running 7's in the US and yes the AMS GTR as well as others. The OK guys don't have the fastest cars in the world, they're fast don't get me wrong but I just don't like them cuz they think their shit don't stink. I'd bet that the AMS GTR could beat the Nova. Btw that white GTR on the show drivers sucked. I've seen in person 1200 awhp leave much harder. He probably didn't hit the 13 button and switches to get it to lanuch correctly. LOL. I was watching some of the older episodes last week before the new season started and on that last show of the season they were getting that Flips El ready on the dyno. Even after what ever they did and more nitrous it only made 496whp with spray. IMO that's not a lot of power like these guys flaunt. He beat that yellow TT Mustang and that white one so how much are these guys really making. I can tell for sure the top 4-5 guys are probably making +1,000 and in a vid someone sent me last year that black Nova put down 1300whp.
I love cars in general but I'm not a straight line guy, I love taking corners.

spooln30
12-10-2013, 01:59 AM
On the top of my head I can think of 4/5 Supras in full street trim and DD that run high 7's to high 8's. So theyre not drag built ones and a couple of them are 6spds.

Lash
12-10-2013, 06:11 AM
You're not going to find outright stats on the car. But it was said to have made 1,6xx whp and ran a 7.7x @ 180x on a 'soft' tune. Even the vids of the 4.7 1/8th times are fairly old.

And you Supra guys make me lol.

jbiscuit
12-10-2013, 08:18 AM
You do know this is TV right? Did you catch last week's episode with all the fighting and drama? There might be a LITTLE racing involved but like most shows on TV its about the entertainment value. Sure these cars are fast but look at how many years OCC was on TV for throwing wrenches at Paul Jr. It wasn't even so much about the bikes as the entertainment. I think the show is cool from the standpoint its more CAR related media on the tube....its pretty fun to watch and something to entertain me in the winter when its 6 degrees outside right now. I DO wish some badass supra or GTR would come and make a REAL pass on the show tho. You could tell there was no intention of that GTR being on the show much more than 1 episode. The "driver/owner" was boring and un-animated. This show needs the drama, loud mouth drivers to keep things interesting....

Prince Valiant
12-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Even after what ever they did and more nitrous it only made 496whp with spray.That right there should tell you all you need to know....

Old Guy
12-10-2013, 09:33 AM
I OK boys are on TV with their car and you and the rest of the car guys are watching. The SB import guys are crying because they can't make a good showing. When was the last time a TV show with real drag racing had any imports making a good showing. Pass Time, Pinks all out, Drag Week ect.and NHRA or IHRA. The NHRA had a import class a few years back, and thay got dropped because no one cared to watch and they could not get enough cars to make a full field. You might not like rear wheel drive cars with big or small block motors but its what people pay their money to watch both in the stands and on TV.

Boostaddct
12-10-2013, 09:34 AM
There are a few 1900,2000 awhp Lambos running 7's in the US and yes the AMS GTR as well as others. The OK guys don't have the fastest cars in the world, they're fast don't get me wrong but I just don't like them cuz they think their shit don't stink. I'd bet that the AMS GTR could beat the Nova. Btw that white GTR on the show drivers sucked. I've seen in person 1200 awhp leave much harder. He probably didn't hit the 13 button and switches to get it to lanuch correctly. LOL. I was watching some of the older episodes last week before the new season started and on that last show of the season they were getting that Flips El ready on the dyno. Even after what ever they did and more nitrous it only made 496whp with spray. IMO that's not a lot of power like these guys flaunt. He beat that yellow TT Mustang and that white one so how much are these guys really making. I can tell for sure the top 4-5 guys are probably making +1,000 and in a vid someone sent me last year that black Nova put down 1300whp.
I love cars in general but I'm not a straight line guy, I love taking corners.

I have not seen one UGR Gallardo run 7s...best time I've seen is 8.21...they aren't quarter mile cars though....standing mile and roll racing is where those things shine.

There is only 1 GTR that has run 7s...the Omega car.

I'm an import guy myself, but I'm also a realistic that some of these OKC cars are VERY tough for anyone to touch. I know they add the entertainment/drama to the show with their shit talking, but if you look back at old Cash Days videos before the show was even around you can see them go.....The yellow Mustang "BoostedGT" even comes up to KOTS at GLD and that car is rumored to be low 8s/7s all day.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/35199-official-nagtroc-14-mile-rankings/

On the top of my head I can think of 4/5 Supras in full street trim and DD that run high 7's to high 8's. So theyre not drag built ones and a couple of them are 6spds.

Fastest 6 speed Supra is still Saad at 8.28 isn't it? I know there are some TH400/Glide Supras in the 7s so those would be interesting to see go up against some of these guys....I'm sure some imports will make their way on the show and hopefully get a win or two......but there is no way I can see any of them making it into the top 5....

Boostaddct
12-10-2013, 09:38 AM
That right there should tell you all you need to know....

I'd either say that was a lie to help their hustle...or issue with dyno....because that car was probably running a 350-400 shot and even a TH400 shouldn't rob that much power.

Doug Porcaro
12-10-2013, 09:42 AM
I hate scripted nonsense. Cable is a waste of money in my opinion.

Waver
12-10-2013, 11:00 AM
I hate scripted nonsense. Cable is a waste of money in my opinion.

No one cares.

Rumor has it that they ran some of the Chitown guys, and it didnt go to well for the OK guys....

BAD LS1
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
So there is finally a show that is as close to our hobby and things we do as possible... And we piss and moan at the "reality" of it and call cars we have only seen video of "not that fast".

I'll still watch and continue to be entertained by it regardless and embrace the fact that it isn't some 15 sec honda si minivan car thing racing some other anemic pile of shit and then get it impounded and crushed at the end.

I've also seen 500 whp cars run 9's before... They don't Dyno for shit due to their 5,000 stalls but put that "500hp" down pretty nice to the ground.

Waver
12-10-2013, 11:35 AM
So there is finally a show that is as close to our hobby and things we do as possible... And we piss and moan at the "reality" of it and call cars we have only seen video of "not that fast".

I'll still watch and continue to be entertained by it regardless and embrace the fact that it isn't some 15 sec honda si minivan car thing racing some other anemic pile of shit and then get it impounded and crushed at the end.

I've also seen 500 whp cars run 9's before... They don't Dyno for shit due to their 5,000 stalls but put that "500hp" down pretty nice to the ground.

This post is full of win

Prince Valiant
12-10-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd either say that was a lie to help their hustle...or issue with dyno....exactly. The dyno only has value to these guys for tuning...as it should be, and maybe misdirecting.

But to some, dyno numbers are the world :/

Boostaddct
12-10-2013, 12:47 PM

Exactly.

Doug Porcaro
12-10-2013, 02:08 PM
No one cares.

Okay then I'll write more. Don't respond if you don't care.

I couldn't give a shit what that network's viewers think of this hobby. Even if I did, that show doesn't do it any favors.

So go ahead and pay your overpriced cable with an hour of commercials for each minute of marginally entertaining programming.

03Seville
12-10-2013, 02:49 PM
So go ahead and pay your overpriced cable with an hour of commercials for each minute of marginally entertaining programming.

This has absolutely nothing to really do with this thread :lol

I probably pay less for cable/internet/phone per month than it cost you to fill up your car once, so to me it's well worth it to watch some well built cars make some street passes even if there's some scripted drama fit into it.

Back on topic though, Murder Nova and the rest of the top 5 are some bad ass cars and there's a very small portion of cars in this country that can compete with them on the street.

Moparjim
12-10-2013, 04:07 PM
At least its not as bad as some of the car shows out there... I cringe at shows like Desert Car Kings where they bondo up and do a horrible "restoration" of a scrap/junk car they paid too much for then sell it for way over what its worth. I saw one where they put together a 383 Charger then took it to the dragstrip and it ran like a 19 second quarter which they then explained that "anything under 20 secs is fast" lol.

Rocket Power
12-10-2013, 04:24 PM
At least its not as bad as some of the car shows out there... I cringe at shows like Desert Car Kings where they bondo up and do a horrible "restoration" of a scrap/junk car they paid too much for then sell it for way over what its worth. I saw one where they put together a 383 Charger then took it to the dragstrip and it ran like a 19 second quarter which they then explained that "anything under 20 secs is fast" lol.
Lmao. I saw that one. My 1978 nova with 250 straight six and 1 bbl carb ran 19's and no one accused it of being fast.

Moparjim
12-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah stock 383 Chargers ran 15s I believe, heck 318 powered ones probably ran 17s or something lol...They literally grabbed a junkyard 383 from their yard and put it in, bondoed the heck out of the poor car, then sold it for like $30,000 to some sucker that now has the slowest 1969 big block Charger in the entire world!

Gregor
12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
You guys realize that Street Outlaws is the car version of "Jerry Springer" or "WWE Smack down" right. The cars are real but the show is heavily staged. Its a show you watch but don't tell anyone you watch it. Sorta like Pinks.

I could think of a few local cars that would hurt them really bad. They have 2 maybe 3 fast cars, the rest is junk. Still faster than mine but I am not boasting how I have one of the fast street cars in the country.

Its just the guys that have these local "Legends", put to much in their cars, and wouldn't be caught dead street racing. So it would be at a track and that would upset their ratings on the boob tube. Because it would lose the taboo of "being illegal". Even tho it might as well be with the lighting, quite back roads, camera crews, and Police blocked off streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

Don't forget all the sponsor placement. I have a new game to play when watching Street Outlaws, Pick a racing part, IE "Induction Solutions" and every time they show it you have to take a shot.

Lash
12-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Anyway you want to put it, the top 5 are some of the fastest cars on the STREET. There are faster cars around, but most of those cars wouldn't make it 100' before putting it in the ditch on a road. Some of these guys were pretty well known even before the show, and for good reason.

Prince Valiant
12-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I believe, heck 318 powered ones probably ran 17s or something lol..my not-very-lightweight, 2.94 equipped 318 valiant ran 16.7 @ 79 bone-stock.

We had a Satellite 225 three-on-the-tree run 18.4...3.23's, stock one-barrel, but headers and 2.5 inch exhaust, and electronic ignition. No way on God's green earth should even the most run-down 383 ever, even in the biggest C-body, ever run a 19!

BOSS LX
12-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Show kinda sucks, not impressed with anything on the show, they just have big tire cars willing to race on the street. They have overbuilt cars that use a nitch kind of race to their advantage! With that being said, I usually watch it.

nismodave
12-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Watched it once....Its crap....Like almost all "Reality" shows its highly staged.

About the only car related show I watch is Chasing Classic Cars.

jbiscuit
12-10-2013, 09:39 PM
The comment about all the sponsors is spot on. I LOL at both Street Outlaws and Fast n Loud and all the sponsors, banners hanging, waaay overpriced junk etx but like I said its winter and nothing better to watch on a Monday night so I watch it. And sure the murder nova is fast. Can't deny that. Anyone that wants to see how quick BoostedGt really is there are some vids on YouTube at the Compton cash days leaving like a bullet! That thing hooks n books!

Prince Valiant
12-10-2013, 11:17 PM
...not impressed with anything on the show, they just have big tire cars willing to race on the street. Why not???

Nickerz
12-11-2013, 01:21 AM
An invitation to much stricter laws now that it's making it's way into the limelight. One "my kid died trying to be a street outlaw" article in the New York Times away. Fuckkkkk that.

Old Guy
12-11-2013, 07:58 AM
So whats wrong with having banners hanging in the shop. When I get a nice one it up on the wall after the races, Comp cams brodex M/T VHT ect. Unless you live with your parents it nice to have a great looking shop.

JC70SS
12-11-2013, 09:04 AM
What channel what day?

Waver
12-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I could think of a few local cars that would hurt them really bad. They have 2 maybe 3 fast cars, the rest is junk. Still faster than mine but I am not boasting how I have one of the fast street cars in the country.I heard that they did get their clock cleaned by some of the Chicago guys....I am positive that there are some guys on here that would do the same too.

Don't forget all the sponsor placement. I have a new game to play when watching Street Outlaws, Pick a racing part, IE "Induction Solutions" and every time they show it you have to take a shot.I think it was the Fogger system this week.

An invitation to much stricter laws now that it's making it's way into the limelight. One "my kid died trying to be a street outlaw" article in the New York Times away. Fuckkkkk that.It is bound to happen, that is why they put the disclaimer at the beginning of the show.

Okay then I'll write more. Don't respond if you don't care.

I couldn't give a shit what that network's viewers think of this hobby. Even if I did, that show doesn't do it any favors.

So go ahead and pay your overpriced cable with an hour of commercials for each minute of marginally entertaining programming. Let me ask you this.......do you have more money and time than brains or are you just retarded? What the hell does what I pay for cable have anything thing to do with the price of beans in China? Stay on topic, or you can STFU and GDIF.

What channel what day? Mondays on the Discovery Channel......I think like 9:00.....Not really sure since I DVR them and fast forward through the "hours worth of commercials". LOL

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Why not???

The back half of the list is a joke, mid 9 second cars and slower claiming to be part of the fastest street cars! The front half are some faster cars, but have huge power adders and even bigger tires. If any of those cars competed in a class with equal cars, it would be a joke! They found their nitch, racing on the street. Of course no big name racers will challenge them and put their car or life at risk. The only car from that show that I think is somewhat legit, is boostedgt, and I would love to show him fox taillights!

Prince Valiant
12-11-2013, 11:11 AM
If any of those cars competed in a class with equal cars, it would be a joke! Don't like "class racing" one bit. Much rather see run-whatcha-brung and not worry about who has what power-adder, or width tire, backed-halfed, whatever. I still roll my eyes thinking about that "king of the hwy" fiasco.

The only car from that show that I think is somewhat legit, is boostedgt, and I would love to show him fox taillights! You got the car. Do it!

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Don't like "class racing" one bit. Much rather see run-whatcha-brung and not worry about who has what power-adder, or width tire, backed-halfed, whatever. I still roll my eyes thinking about that "king of the hwy" fiasco.
You got the car. Do it!

The problem is these are huge tire, lexan windowed, big ci, big power adder, gutted race cars claiming streetcars. You asked why I wasn't impressed, there ya go! Their "street racing" is as real as the wwe, I love the portable lights lining the road! If you want real racing check out kots this spring at gld, big power, small tire, no prep racing!

Prince Valiant
12-11-2013, 11:50 AM
You asked why I wasn't impressed, there ya go! Would you think it fair then if someone wasn't impressed with your car because of all the sacrifices it makes to be what it is? No A/C, loud as all get out, no range, can't turn better than a 3/4 ton truck, etc compared to say a 9 second GTR that rides and drives like a normal car, still handles like a stock GTR, working A/C, still gets decent mileage?

I mean, the OK cars impress me..."street car" is a meaningless designation if we get into arbitrary rules for it...if it's registered and licensed, then fine, it's a street car.

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Would you think it fair then if someone wasn't impressed with your car because of all the sacrifices it makes to be what it is? No A/C, loud as all get out, no range, can't turn better than a 3/4 ton truck, etc compared to say a 9 second GTR that rides and drives like a normal car, still handles like a stock GTR, working A/C, still gets decent mileage?

I mean, the OK cars impress me..."street car" is a meaningless designation if we get into arbitrary rules for it...if it's registered and licensed, then fine, it's a street car.

People can think anything they want to, this is one of those times where if you have never done it, you have no idea what it takes. If you want to build 100 thousand dollar gtr and get drug by a fox body with "no ac" by 2 seconds, go right ahead!

Prince Valiant
12-11-2013, 12:55 PM
People can think anything they want to, this is one of those times where if you have never done it, you have no idea what it takes. If you want to build 100 thousand dollar gtr and get drug by a fox body with "no ac" by 2 seconds, go right ahead!I'm not the one saying I'm not impressed with the OK cars so it's not really about me. You've never done what they've done as far as I can tell, impressive as your car is and all (I'm impressed with it). So what?

Are you calling them out like you did that GTR?

...oh...wait....

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm not the one saying I'm not impressed with the OK cars so it's not really about me. You've never done what they've done as far as I can tell, impressive as your car is and all (I'm impressed with it). So what?

Are you calling them out like you did that GTR?

...oh...wait....

What haven't I done? Have my own tv show? Or race all the low8 and 7 second cars on the street in Milwaukee? This isn't the south, it doesn't exist up here and not to mention it is one of the dumbest things you can do. I don't have the need to risk everything racing a way slower car on the street, hook me up with a fantasy land street they have on the show! You make zero sense when you can't google your comebacks! Tell your homies in okc to strap on some 275's or 28 x10.5's and come up north! Gtr knows he has an open invitation at the track, he knows if he would show up that gtr would get the rice shook out of it!

Prince Valiant
12-11-2013, 04:24 PM
What haven't I done?Well, for one: Beaten anyone on their board.

Tell your homies in okc to strap on some 275's or 28 x10.5's and come up north! My "homies" should handicap themselves? Is simply being impressed with their car make them my "homies"? If they were to show up, why wouldn't you just race whatever they showed up with?

Gtr knows he has an open invitation at the track, he knows if he would show up that gtr would get the rice shook out of it!But alas, the name of the game in street or grudge racing is talk big and then finding ways to NOT agree to race.

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Ohh, the almighty list they made up! They haven't beaten anyone on my list either! Lol handicap? No, big tires are just gay! They belong on promod cars just like the rest is their combo. I could put huge tire on my car and hook in the sand but then I would have to kick my own ass! Keep drinking the tv show kool-aid and basing all your fast street car knowledge on a made up show.

WhatsADSM
12-11-2013, 05:02 PM

I can tell its winter because this conversation comes up again. It ALWAYS ends up boiling down to this. And by-and-large I agree with Prince. Boss you say their cars aren't street cars because they have lexan, as he said a GTR would say yours isn't a street car because it has no AC, uncomfortable, can't turn, etc. Its all frame of mind, and there really is no agreed upon meaning. For street racing it's mostly run-what-you-brung anyways so?!

But yea I agree with what most people have already said, its a TV show its for entertainment and is somewhat based upon reality. I would also bet that the Milwaukee "Street" cars don't really have anything for those cars, let alone the Milwaukee import street cars.

LIL EVO
12-11-2013, 05:15 PM
I would consider my car a street car as it sits in its form regardless of how much power it is.

If I add a cage, remove P/S, A/C, pull seats, carpet, dash, etc, it is no longer a street car. It's more like a Q16 car because then it turns into tin can race mode.

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Their cars are not street cars because they don't drive on the damn street, the simplest way of defining the term. A car that is two seconds slower then mine should have ac and handle, going fast is a compromise.

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 05:55 PM
By their cars, I am referring to the top 3 or so.

FourEyedFord
12-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Damn, here I thought my car was a real street car, and now it's a "street" car. I guess driving to the track and running on 93 octane isn't enough. It does have a cage and no back seats, a/c, or heat though...so I guess it's not, lol.

Street Outlaws is about as real as wrestling for sure. It is something for car guys to watch though at least. At the track Andy's car would run right up that list til he hit the top 3, bet on that. However on a REAL no prep street with those little tires, not a fairy tail street that sticks like GLD.......well, I just hope he sign's over his stuff to me before hand, lol!

WhatsADSM
12-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Feel free to call the "street car" definition police and complain... again there is no agreed upon definition. Prince seems to think its licensed and registered and it is road worthy so its a street car. I can certainly see that point of view. As silly as it may be I'm sure those cars on the show *could* drive on the street

I can also see the point of view that it needs to be able to take a cross country trip, fill up at any station along the way, have all amenities (power everything, ac, ps, etc.), be able to turn a skid pad better than a Nissan Maxima, handle various weather conditions, etc.

Opinions are like assholes...

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Opinions mean more when you are in the game!

Gregor
12-11-2013, 07:02 PM
BossLX didn't we have this discussion before? Somewhere else? Maybe I am dreaming. LOL

Street car LOL I have never seen them drive their cars to the race spot, always on a trailer.

Lets see them compete in this .... Drag Week.

Waver
12-11-2013, 07:08 PM
BossLX didn't we have this discussion before? Somewhere else? Maybe I am dreaming. LOL

Street car LOL I have never seen them drive their cars to the race spot, always on a trailer.

Lets see them compete in this .... Drag Week.

Damn this thread is reminding me of the one on Yellowbullet......

Moparjim
12-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Their cars are not street cars because they don't drive on the damn street, the simplest way of defining the term. A car that is two seconds slower then mine should have ac and handle, going fast is a compromise.

This. They roll em out of trailers even when they go for "test hits". None of the fast guys at the top of their list are street cars. They are slow drag cars lol. Not to mention as others have mentioned they have setup lights a closed road I bet I bet its not even a public road. when one of em drives their car on the street at all even a few miles, with an exhaust, full interior, dot tire, and the air conditioning and stereo on, but still runs 8s or 9s they can call them street cars :) I have driven mine to work, to Illinios in the rain, you name it lol.

FourEyedFord
12-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Feel free to call the "street car" definition police and complain... again there is no agreed upon definition. Prince seems to think its licensed and registered and it is road worthy so its a street car. I can certainly see that point of view. As silly as it may be I'm sure those cars on the show *could* drive on the street

I can also see the point of view that it needs to be able to take a cross country trip, fill up at any station along the way, have all amenities (power everything, ac, ps, etc.), be able to turn a skid pad better than a Nissan Maxima, handle various weather conditions, etc.

Opinions are like assholes...

I am not afraid to drive my car anywhere or fill up anywhere, heck it even has OD and 17" radials. Would I drive it to places in the Midwest, definitely! Would I drive it across country, no.

Hell, my daily driver wouldn't even qualify as a street car to you. I can't fill up at any gas station (diesel), the Maxima would definitely do better on a skid pad (a '96 F-250 doesn't corner very well), and I wouldn't take it across country (200,000 mile rusty old clunker).

Sounds a little silly doesn't it?

WhatsADSM
12-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Opinions mean more when you are in the game!
"the game".
:rolf
Didn't know you were gaming it up.

This. They roll em out of trailers even when they go for "test hits". None of the fast guys at the top of their list are street cars. They are slow drag cars lol. Not to mention as others have mentioned they have setup lights a closed road I bet I bet its not even a public road. when one of em drives their car on the street at all even a few miles, with an exhaust, full interior, dot tire, and the air conditioning and stereo on, but still runs 8s or 9s they can call them street cars :) I have driven mine to work, to Illinios in the rain, you name it lol.
I totally agree. Calling it a street car and rolling it off a trailor is rediculous. Its just a drag car. But again my opinion.

I am not afraid to drive my car anywhere or fill up anywhere, heck it even has OD and 17" radials. Would I drive it to places in the Midwest, definitely! Would I drive it across country, no.

Hell, my daily driver wouldn't even qualify as a street car to you. I can't fill up at any gas station (diesel), the Maxima would definitely do better on a skid pad (a '96 F-250 doesn't corner very well), and I wouldn't take it across country (200,000 mile rusty old clunker).

Sounds a little silly doesn't it?
That's just a shitty car lol.
Again I'm NOT saying that either of those previous examples I used are my opinion of a street car. However the point is I can understand how either side would say that, and last I checked it's not in dictionary.

The entertainment TV show is simply defining it in a very loose way, and one that makes the show have faster more interesting cars that boost ratings. What a concept.

Boostaddct
12-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Hopefully a few of the guys from the top 5 come up to KOTS this year.....BoostedGT has been up here already. Then hopefully the "local" guys can step up to the plate and represent for us.

And fyi the black GTR is down to 9.0x as of the end of the season so he's gonna be looking for some of the big dog V8s and I hope someone other than Jelly Bean can shut him down on the street to slow his ego.

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 09:00 PM
"the game".
:rolf
Didn't know you were gaming it up.

Yep the game! When I see a bcm thread with the topic something like "what is the best vacuum cleaner?", I stay out of the thread because I know shit about vacuum cleaners!

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Hopefully a few of the guys from the top 5 come up to KOTS this year.....BoostedGT has been up here already. Then hopefully the "local" guys can step up to the plate and represent for us.

And fyi the black GTR is down to 9.0x as of the end of the season so he's gonna be looking for some of the big dog V8s and I hope someone other than Jelly Bean can shut him down on the street to slow his ego.
We will be running my car for the first time this year at kots! I would be very surprised if that gtr goes that fast, if he does good for him!

michelle
12-11-2013, 09:21 PM
No one cares.

Let me ask you this.......do you have more money and time than brains or are you just retarded? What the hell does what I pay for cable have anything thing to do with the price of beans in China? Stay on topic, or you can STFU and GDIF.

Why are you jumping on this guy's nuts so quick? Does he own a Cougar?

Z28Envy
12-11-2013, 09:22 PM
We will be running my car for the first time this year at kots! I would be very surprised if that gtr goes that fast, if he does good for him!

So we should expect to see a first rounds call out from you to boostedgt if he comes again this year?

FourEyedFord
12-11-2013, 10:03 PM
That's just a shitty car lol.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up...

Calling out the "Big Dog V8s" with a 9.0 car at the track, hey?

Brent told me he wouldn't spray his car on the street, and I don't blame him. So I don't see a whole lot of guys stepping up to race a 9.0 AWD car on the street. At the track is a different story.

Prince Valiant
12-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Feel free to call the "street car" definition police and complain... again there is no agreed upon definition. Prince seems to think its licensed and registered and it is road worthy so its a street car.
Well, the reality is I think "street car" is one of those worthless designation when one is explaining away why their car isn't as fast, or why they don't like or are impressed with a given car.

Oftentimes, like the term "bolt-on", "street car" is used as a descriptive to make a car sound more impressive, or to denigrate another car...as it was here when it didn't meet ones very very very arbitrary definition of "street car."

BOSSLX actually says something right (for once!) when he says "going fast is a compromise." Yet, if you don't chose his compromises, well then it doesn't deserve his respect. Baloney.

This doesn't mean I don't have respect for how one chooses to accomplish a given task...want to run high 8's while still acting and driving like a stock, run of the mill car? DAMN! That's cool! And yes, cooler than the guy who runs a lightened, back-halfed v8 car with a big wieand and 250 shot of nitrous to run the same number.

And at the same time, if that back-halfed s/c nos car was built and running as quick as the GTR, but built for less than 10G, then DAMN! that's cool too! Maybe cooler!

But I get tired of the "if it doesn't fit the definition of what I built/drive then it ain't shit...."

That's just dumb.

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 10:14 PM
So we should expect to see a first rounds call out from you to boostedgt if he comes again this year?

My first kots I am just going to shut my mouth and race whatever is next to me!

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 10:20 PM
BOSSLX actually says something right (for once!) when he says "going fast is a compromise." Yet, if you don't chose his compromises, well then it doesn't deserve his respect. Baloney.

I respect lots of cars! Just because I am not impressed with a few slow racecars nitch racing doesn't mean I don't respect them! One other car that has my respect is that lmr camaro that raced the nova a few episodes ago, that car is badass and would destroy that nova in any other conditions other than his race!

BOSS LX
12-11-2013, 10:21 PM
BTW Prince, it takes a lot for me to say I am impressed, hell my car doesn't even impress me yet!

Moparjim
12-12-2013, 10:39 AM
I agree with you Prince a lot of people's definition of "street car" varies and seems subjective lol. In this case of the original topic however to me its pretty cut and dried. The show is entirely based on "street" outlaws and racing, and these guys claim to hav some of the countries fastest street cars but then it is blatently obvious the races are not on a street but in a staged location, and all the fast cars that claim street dominance are nothing more than clearly by ANYONES definition gutted big slick race cars that do not drive at all on the street just roll in and out of trailers... This isn't a case of debating whether they have exhaust or run on pump gas or retain enough interior or features or whatever. They clearly are not even close to street cars so I consider them BS and nothing more thsn slow race cars lol. Look at the stuff that's running around here out on the street let alone what's running in drag week and pump gas drags etc and these alledged "OKC has the nations fastest STREET" cars are a joke imo.

BOSS LX
12-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Good post Jim, welcome to the game! Lol

WhatsADSM
12-12-2013, 12:12 PM

But I get tired of the "if it doesn't fit the definition of what I built/drive then it ain't shit...."

That's just dumb.

Hit the nail on the head.

Most people call a street car what they have built... and for obvious reasons - that is what they consider their "game". That's not the issue, the issue is they simply don't acknowledge a differently built car as a "street car".

To a previous example. The "small tire". Small tire IMHO really is impressive, I'm constantly amazed at how far we have come with chassis, suspension, and powertrain technology to make a really effective use of such a (relatively) small contact patch. HOWEVER if another guy shows up with a "big tire" suddenly its not a real street car because you are on a small tire? Please.

That's like 4-cylinder cars calling a big cube car not a real street car. Is the efficiency and tech higher on the 4-cylinder, sure... but at the end of the day hp/liter doesn't really mean anything.

Nightmare
12-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Boss, to your statement about the top 3 racers not driving their cars on the street. I've seen a few videos of Shawn driving Murder Nova around town. Trailering the cars to the test spots and race spots is smart. If you break something without a trailer, you're ass out. Driving those cars on the street, would bring too much unwanted attention.

Prince Valiant
12-12-2013, 04:51 PM
BTW Prince, it takes a lot for me to say I am impressed, hell my car doesn't even impress me yet!Then you need therapy. Seriously.

Moparjim
12-12-2013, 05:21 PM
If they aren't willing or able to drive it around all night and top it off by spooling it up full throttle on the trans brake in a burger joint parking lot at around 150 ball shaking decibels, causing at least one onlooker (this guy) to get a semi chub then it ain't a street car ;)

Ricky Bobby
12-12-2013, 05:36 PM
my old neighbor has a 62impala with a 409 and full interior and heat and radio with a big ass huffer up top and its a big tire car(built about 25yrs ago) street car or race car?

Moparjim
12-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Does he drive it on the street semi regularly?

BOSS LX
12-12-2013, 05:52 PM
If they aren't willing or able to drive it around all night and top it off by spooling it up full throttle on the trans brake in a burger joint parking lot at around 150 ball shaking decibels, causing at least one onlooker (this guy) to get a semi chub then it ain't a street car ;)

Always happy to give guys a chub with my car Jim! Wait a minute I do need therapy!

Ricky Bobby
12-12-2013, 06:04 PM
no it sits in his garage and goes to one parade a yr lol 4spd car too

Wagonbacker9
12-12-2013, 06:41 PM
no it sits in his garage and goes to one parade a yr lol 4spd car too

Then neither. Garage queen.

Waver
12-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Why are you jumping on this guy's nuts so quick? Does he own a Cougar?I dont know, and I dont really care. This is BCM in winter. I dont need to justify my posts.

I respect lots of cars! Just because I am not impressed with a few slow racecars nitch racing doesn't mean I don't respect them! One other car that has my respect is that lmr camaro that raced the nova a few episodes ago, that car is badass and would destroy that nova in any other conditions other than his race! I think it would be a close race as their 1/8th mile times are about the same.....(or they were in 2012) that is if the LMR car dosnt red light.

jbiscuit
12-12-2013, 08:11 PM
That's that black 62 bel air Tony. He takes it to a few shows. Believe it's got 5.13s too!

Ricky Bobby
12-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Ya don't know the gear but I know that car is bad ass! Black/ red interior with a big ass blower out the hood

Irish
12-13-2013, 10:56 AM
I consider them BS and nothing more thsn slow race cars lol. Look at the stuff that's running in drag week and pump gas drags etc and these alledged "OKC has the nations fastest STREET" cars are a joke imo.

This!

Moparjim
12-13-2013, 04:47 PM
I mean jesus for Drag Week that Tom Bailey Camaro went 6.70 in a quarter mile not only street driving 100s of miles rather than being trailered.....but while TOWING A TRAILER ;)

Shameless link to Clocks Off FB was the first link I could find ;)

https://www.facebook.com/ClocksOffRacecarsLlc

Nightmare
12-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I mean jesus for Drag Week that Tom Bailey Camaro went 6.70 in a quarter mile not only street driving 100s of miles rather than being trailered.....but while TOWING A TRAILER ;)

Shameless link to Clocks Off FB was the first link I could find ;)

https://www.facebook.com/ClocksOffRacecarsLlc

Do they get the swap out the slicks before they hit the road?

Lash
12-13-2013, 08:55 PM

]

Just goes to show ya, you can do anything when money isn't a factor.

But then again... It's still a gutted,fiberglass tube chassis car with a 35" tire and a giant power adder. Not a street car by some definitions on here lol. Plus, how did he tow the trailer with the wheelie bars he used at the track?
I believe his car has been more referred to as a 'streetable' pro mod.

Street car is a loose term and always will be interpreted differently.

Boostaddct
12-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Just goes to show ya, you can do anything when money isn't a factor.

But then again... It's still a gutted,fiberglass tube chassis car with a 35" tire and a giant power adder. Not a street car by some definitions on here lol. Plus, how did he tow the trailer with the wheelie bars he used at the track?
I believe his car has been more referred to as a 'streetable' pro mod.

Street car is a loose term and always will be interpreted differently.

I'm assuming he had quick release setup for the wheelie bars and the chute....I was looking at his car this weekend at PRI, but totally forgot to look at the rear setup cause I was curious about that as well. The carbon cupholders in that thing made me laugh.

Lash
12-15-2013, 09:21 PM
I was more trying to infer that the car wasn't quite driven on the track as it was on the street. All these guys do is try to find loopholes in the rules. That's where towing a trailer came into play this year.

Ricky Bobby
12-16-2013, 08:22 PM
so its on at 9 tonight who u taking the nova or sonoma? Hope the sonoma keeps it personally

wheelsofsteel
12-17-2013, 09:33 AM
The trailer hitch assembly was integrated with the chute mount. Im not sure if the wheelie bars remain on or not, I cannot remember. Although the have been dragging trailers behind unlimted cars for years. Back in 2006 when one of the stops was GLD Denny Terzich rolled in with a trailer amoung others.