PDA

View Full Version : considering entering world of wheels, what to expect?

Flicktitty
11-28-2013, 10:44 AM
i know a large amount of you guy's have showed at world of wheels at one time or another, Me and Liz have been considering entering this up coming years show. Just wondering how there process is, And how it works. I see its $50 for the show and you can roll in on Thurs or Friday. and you have to be out by Sunday at a certain time, Is there rules as to what is allowed in/on the car. Or a checklist you have to go through before entering?

lilws6
11-28-2013, 12:41 PM
ive thought about it as well but the car isn't quite where i want it to be to show but would also be interested in the info.

pOrk
11-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Less then 1/4 tank of gas and must tape gas cap, must unhook battery, must reserve covered trailer as it will snow storm the day before / day of roll in.

That show is the worst to take a car to, seriously. But if you do go to show, I'll see you guys there :)

Russ Jerome
11-28-2013, 01:45 PM
And regardless of how great your car does look expect to here people pick it apart, its what us who don't complete our own project do to feel better about ourselves :) I will be there half in the bag with you!

Josepy
11-28-2013, 02:07 PM
I had thought about it as well but I end up taking about 4 flasks with me and get shit faced instead.

Sent from the TAOTC

Ricky Bobby
11-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Winning^^

nismodave
11-28-2013, 03:02 PM
I had thought about it as well but I end up taking about 4 flasks with me and get shit faced instead.

Sent from the TAOTC

Best Idea!

But its a good time if you can have people to show with.

Feature Pony
11-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Every year I forget what a pain in the ass it is to show my cars there, I have friends remind me. I had 2 cars in there one year and it was a pain, blizzard, and the nice long wait to get in and leave. I go to look now!

Flicktitty
11-29-2013, 10:24 AM
you all make it sound so pleasurable. We were thinking of doing it to give us something to look forward too in the middle of winter. Might still do it just to have some fun.

nismodave
11-29-2013, 08:29 PM
It is fun, but best if you have others to show with.

lordairgtar
11-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Do it. All big shows are like that. It's a great experience. Our car club is there every year. It's better if you go along with a club, (ours pays your fees) but even if by yourself, it can be fun. I absolutely love your car.

spooln30
12-01-2013, 01:20 AM
I watched a show on Nat Geo a few days ago and this shop was restoring a old custom show car and they were entered in Chicago WOW and said it had to be a runner and drive into the show under its own power. So in the Milw WOW you push them in?

Boostaddct
12-08-2013, 07:50 PM
We took 3 bikes and 4 cars last year....was a headache, but overall fun. Getting in and out was a chore and we were lucky weather wasn't horrible. This year we will probably be taking at least 3 cars and 2 bikes....might do a booth. Gotta pre-register and get approved to be in it as well so they ask for pics of the car and such.

lordairgtar
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM
I watched a show on Nat Geo a few days ago and this shop was restoring a old custom show car and they were entered in Chicago WOW and said it had to be a runner and drive into the show under its own power. So in the Milw WOW you push them in?
No. we drive them in.