PDA

View Full Version : Plastic door handles sucketh ballz.

lordairgtar
11-18-2013, 11:06 PM
The little woman shows up at work with a shiny round ring like thing in her hand with a fearful look on her face. Turns out the inside door handle on our HHR has snapped off. I was holding in laughter as she explained having to climb over the shifter console to get out the otherside. I said why didn't you just open the window and pull the outside doorhandle? I got this incredulous look. Anyway, looking at videos on You Tube shows me there are at least two ways of dealing with the problem. One involves tools I do not own and glue, and the other one requires some fiddly working around with springs and pins. Both require removing the panel and getting the wiring unplugged from the switches and mirror adjuster. Both not easy to detach. And the damned things aren't cheap.

Old Guy
11-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Take it to your friendly body shop, they work with these kinds of things all day long. They also have the tools to do it right.

brotherbenn83
11-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Or you can text me your VIN and I can get one for you cheaper and install it at my house, I'm also in Muskego. 414-Eight0Seven-699Four

lordairgtar
11-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks. I will call after payday happens after Friday.

lordairgtar
11-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Thank you brotherbenn, for fixing my door handle. good to meet you.