PDA

View Full Version : Got hit and rund. Silver ridgeline, Waukesha.

Nickerz
11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Beers and an optional handjob for any leads. Just got a new daily Yukon, one owner, low mile southern cream puff and came out to a nice smash mark on my door after a fine sandwich at Sprizzos with the old lady.

I got somewhat lucky in that its a very uncommon vehicle and the owner of Old Faithful insurance is a great guy. He didn't need to take any time to let me look through his business's video, but he did. I Might be able to get the plate, but it's looking doubtful.

Video revealed a 09+ style Honda ridgeline with fogs driven by what appeared to be someone drunk at 1045am on a Sunday driving into my truck and gtfoing. Looked tinted. Damage would be on front and front right. Plates seemed to be vanity plates (didn't seem to have dash)

People like this really suck, any leads do all of us a favor. With video he'd be ticketed for sure. Leaving the scene of an accident would haunt him in job prospects.

Poop

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

-stew-
11-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Poop.

USMARINE1108
11-18-2013, 09:15 PM
I had a buddy catch a mouth breathing hit and run driver by driving my the local body shops every day. Found the car and the body shop was more than happy to help him out.

Nickerz
11-18-2013, 09:26 PM
I had a buddy catch a mouth breathing hit and run driver by driving my the local body shops every day. Found the car and the body shop was more than happy to help him out.

Been thinking bout that, wasn't sure if they'd rat out their clients. Thinking about sending emails\faxes in a similar manner, offering beer and a handshake. For the sake of entertainment I want to describe the guy\girl that hit me as "likely highly flatulent and probably smells of elderberries."

Thanks for the encouragement on that.

USMARINE1108
11-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Been thinking bout that, wasn't sure if they'd rat out their clients. Thinking about sending emails\faxes in a similar manner, offering beer and a handshake. For the sake of entertainment I want to describe the guy\girl that hit me as "likely highly flatulent and probably smells of elderberries."

Thanks for the encouragement on that.

Well, assume the idiot has insurance. The body shop obviously takes said idiot's insurance. Idiot's insurance will also be paying for your truck so............ they want your business. More money for them. Even if the idiot doesn't have insurance, at least you can point the cops in the direction of the vehicle along with the video tape. They'll do the rest.

lordairgtar
11-18-2013, 10:59 PM
What color is the Ridgeline?

Nickerz
11-18-2013, 11:33 PM
What color is the Ridgeline?

Silver :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

wikked
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Also might want to contact junkyards to see if anyone has inquired about Honda Ridgeline bumper/qtr panels.

lordairgtar
11-19-2013, 11:01 PM
I'll keep an eye out.

USMARINE1108
02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Ever get anywhere with this?