PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question- value of tools?

MY FYN 79
11-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Been looking for ways to save some cash lately and I've decided (even though its probably a good idea anyways) to do some insurance shopping. I dread the idea because we've been with the same people for so long, and its so hard to get apples to apples comparisons when it comes to insurance.. but my in-laws just saved a good chunk of money switching from the same people we use.

Along with looking for better rates, I plan to reevaluate what our belongings are valued at right now... and I'm pretty sure its way too low. One area I never accounted for was tools.

I have absolutely no idea what my tools are worth. It would be much easier to value them if it was a couple time purchase, but its been over a span of a lot of years.

Short of going through a catalog and pricing every tool (which seems crazy, but I would do if necessary), how have you all valued your tools for insurance? Its just something that never crossed my mind in the past, but what a terror it would be if something happened and they weren't covered!!

brotherbenn83
11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Umbrella policy.
/thread