PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if this application exists...

theavenger333
11-05-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm doing a startup for my company (we work in care facilities) and writing job routines is a big part of it. Usually i attach a map of the wing or part of the building i am assigning work to, plus its much easier to have a map in front of me when writing the job routines. This damn place doesn't have a single useable map. I'd have to figure it out from blueprints. Is there an indoor app for the phone that uses GPS tracking, that i can start with a blank square, hit start, and i can walk the perimeter of the building, to create a floor plan? I've used such stuff with a Garmin GPS unit for an internship, but wondering if this exists.... the building has had like 8 additions, so the floorplan is all weird.

bikedad
11-05-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm doing a startup for my company (we work in care facilities) and writing job routines is a big part of it. Usually i attach a map of the wing or part of the building i am assigning work to, plus its much easier to have a map in front of me when writing the job routines. This damn place doesn't have a single useable map. I'd have to figure it out from blueprints. Is there an indoor app for the phone that uses GPS tracking, that i can start with a blank square, hit start, and i can walk the perimeter of the building, to create a floor plan? I've used such stuff with a Garmin GPS unit for an internship, but wondering if this exists.... the building has had like 8 additions, so the floorplan is all weird.

There more than likely is something out there but finding the app could be a challenge.

I use an app on my Android phone called Endomondo. It uses the phone GPS to map and record my exercise events like biking, running, hiking etc.
It can get pretty granular. It's a free download and it works on iPhone or Android

Just an idea.

WickedSix
11-06-2013, 08:40 AM
I don't believe there is the fidelity in the civilian GPS to trace a wall. There is a laser tape measure that you can use to get room dimensions quickly and map out the structure.