PDA

View Full Version : Employment lawyer

STANMAN
11-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Anyone ever use one and have recommendations? An old employer is having some "second thoughts" about paying out some vacation and would like to persuade them to see things my way. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

wrath
11-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Unless you have it in writing prior to termination (employee handbook on corporate intranet site is sufficient) you're going to lose. I assume it was Charter? Consider it payment for working at such a shithole.

-stew-
11-04-2013, 10:42 AM
It should be laid out in your union contract. Contact your steward, they will help you get what you're owed. Oh, wait...

STANMAN
11-04-2013, 10:58 AM
It should be laid out in your union contract. Contact your steward, they will help you get what you're owed. Oh, wait...

Oh wait, I worked in a union for 10 years, and instead of just getting screwed upon leaving, I took it in the shorts for 10 years. The last year of that it was a UNION STEWARD doing the fist job. Took that all the way to the top, their finding? "Although he acted in a way contrary to your or the unions interest, he did not do anything unlawful". What a joke. Never again. I will ALWAYS bet on me, NEVER on a group who may or may not be interested in me.

Unions had a time and place, just like the dinosaur, they should go the same way.

STANMAN
11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Unless you have it in writing prior to termination (employee handbook on corporate intranet site is sufficient) you're going to lose. I assume it was Charter? Consider it payment for working at such a shithole.

Hey now, I didn't throw out any names. Charter just won 2013 award for Best Place to Work by the Journal Sentinal, congrats to them!

Prince Valiant
11-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Stew thinks it a good value to pay a union 750-1000 bucks a year for ten years to handle something an employment lawyer can settle for less than 500 once. :/

wrath
11-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Hey now, I didn't throw out any names. Charter just won 2013 award for Best Place to Work by the Journal Sentinal, congrats to them!

Quicken Loans does the same thing. Except they pay below average wages, have shit benefits, only put $2500 in your 401k *IF* you put $12,500 in (otherwise zilch), and have crap vacation. Oh, and at any given time have several class-action lawsuits from former employees. Yet somehow they always rank high on those "best of..." lists.

If they aren't paying you out chances are you knowingly or unknowingly signed up for arbitration anyway in which case you'll probably take it in the shorts. Have you ever noticed the only thing in common with all of your problems... is you?

STANMAN
11-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Quicken Loans does the same thing. Except they pay below average wages, have shit benefits, only put $2500 in your 401k *IF* you put $12,500 in (otherwise zilch), and have crap vacation. Oh, and at any given time have several class-action lawsuits from former employees. Yet somehow they always rank high on those "best of..." lists.

If they aren't paying you out chances are you knowingly or unknowingly signed up for arbitration anyway in which case you'll probably take it in the shorts. Have you ever noticed the only thing in common with all of your problems... is you?

Isn't that what is the only thing in common with everyone else's problems to.......them? I mean I have read A LOT of stupid shit on this forum, but that HAS to take the prize of MOST STUPID COMMENT EVER.

Yooformula
11-04-2013, 08:43 PM
I used Peterson, Johnson and Murray for an injury case and they also worked an wrongful termination case for me. http://www.pjmlaw.com

wrath
11-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Isn't that what is the only thing in common with everyone else's problems to.......them? I mean I have read A LOT of stupid shit on this forum, but that HAS to take the prize of MOST STUPID COMMENT EVER.

Not with regard to one's employment.

SSDude
11-05-2013, 06:15 AM

How's your drug rehab going or are you still in denial?

DNT H8
11-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Unions had a time and place
x1000
Unions now protect the lazy and incompetent, they are a burden on society.
Continue on...

wikked
11-06-2013, 10:57 PM

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130711132208/mk/images/2/25/Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

wrath
11-07-2013, 05:26 AM

No drugs, but people like you certainly brighten my day.