PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered from RockAuto ( 1st time )

awsomeears
11-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm not a fan of buying stuff online I can get local even if I have to spend a few more bucks local I will, but with the crappy customer service at Advanced in Franklin and the car I'm working on being No rush to get it done I jumped on Rock Auto.

Even with my heavy discount through Advanced I'm still saving $160 with rock auto.

I just hope everything arrives in one piece and legit.

:thumbsup

Rocket Power
11-03-2013, 10:22 PM
I've ordered twice. Both times turned out great.

twicks69
11-04-2013, 12:17 AM
I seriously hope you saw that we regularly post discount codes for additional % off, right?

Tim Zimmer
TMZ Performance

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Agreed with what Tim said but as for dealing with Rock Auto, well organized and quick with shipping

blackmage
11-04-2013, 06:52 AM
ive ordered a crap ton of stuff through them, only ever had one issue and i had to return the part 3 times before i got it right. (part was mis-packaged) Other than that if i can order stuff through them, i will. great customer service also.

bikedad
11-04-2013, 09:23 AM
I've ordered a lot of stuff rom RA. Great prices and fast shipping.
Their return policy is very good also. I had to return some parts I didn't need after a project and they didn't rake me over the coals with restocking fees.

Moparjim
11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I use them all the time, basically anytime I know about my needs ahead of time... With a discount code their prices are close to unbeatable, and the stuff comes in like under 3 days usually, sometimes I get it the next day even with the cheapest shipping - like Summit or Jegs it seems like most of it just drop ships from a nearby warehouse. Never gotten the wrong stuff either and thats in literally dozens of orders maybe as many as 50....

EvolvedRegal
11-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Ive used them a lot, never had a problem with them.

Just make sure if you order a lot of things they all come from the same warehouse or else you get nailed with 2 different shipping charges.

BoosTT
11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
I've been using autopartswarehouse.com and had very good luck. Never received an incorrect part. That alone gets my repeat business.

03Seville
11-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Whenever its not an immediate thing I order through Rock Auto and have never had anything go wrong. Never had to deal with returns or customer service at all because everything has always been right and shipped quick.

jbiscuit
11-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I used to use rock auto for nearly all my auto parts. But lately I've been buying more from oreilly and advance since they both will price match and advance offers a ton of coupons. It's more convenient to call advance, get the parts I need sent to the store same day, use a coupon or price match and walk out with parts. I'm poor at planning ahead nowadays so usually when I decide I want work on my car I want to work on it that day.

-stew-
11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I like rock auto. I always forget about the 5%! Ive been buying almost all my parts online. It saves the headache of dealing with the morons at the counter. And the "we don't have that, its gonna be three days to get it" bullshit.

awsomeears
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Yep I used the %5 code

Already today I recieved my loaded struts, crazy fast, the rest is small stuff ( ball joints,tie rods, calipers, rotors, plug wires )

Jbiscut I didn't know they will price match rockauto prices ?

I bought closeout MOOG ball joints for $7.19 for example, wonder if they price match closeout stuff ?

jbiscuit
11-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I didn't mean rock auto necessarily but just any auto parts place. I actually haven't tried getting them to price match rock auto. But they will price match summit and they can get nearly anything summit offers. I also don't have the counter workers look up anything for me at advance. I call, tell them I need this, this and that. They check inventory, get the parts from the warehouse and I pick them up by 5. Really easy. Oreilly here by me has been great as well. Plus the manager has a 85 Monte Carlo that he street races so at least he is somewhat helpful. If you need any other auto parts, want great prices and likely to be in stock Buy Rite in Caledonia is the best auto parts gem around! They have everything!!

awsomeears
11-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Well I got Everything but a belt in, freaking awesome !!!

Yea some of the boxes are beat up but they were all closeouts, but what the hell do I care. Best part is the loaded calipers for $25 a pop and lower ball joints for $9

Crazy cheap !

srt4eh
11-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I love using rockauto but shipping to Hawaii is rough and it seems like every item I need is in a different warehouse. But it is what it is :)