PDA

View Full Version : Garage Parking Systems

BoosTT
10-29-2013, 04:54 PM
I got a ton of stuff crammed in my garage and my truck is pretty big. I need to park my truck’s front bumper about 4” away from a trailer hitch coupler. What are some systems you guys use? In the past I’ve had:

Laser pointer version of the tennis ball.
Parking stop thing by the tire.
Flexible pole with a stop sign. Bumper hits the flexible pole moving the stop sign. The sign had led lights that lit when it shook too.

Not really fond of any of these systems. Anyone have recommendations?

Cryptic
10-29-2013, 06:36 PM
hanging tennis ball till it hits the windshield

Lash
10-29-2013, 06:55 PM
^ x2

That's what I have to do to keep my wife from driving through the back of the garage.
IMO... It's just a matter of time with her anyway.

bikedad
10-29-2013, 09:17 PM
This is similar to what I use. Mine is rubber.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BLACK-Parking-Mat-Park-Right-for-Tire-Wheel-Stop-Garage-Car-Truck-Safety-/131013996166

I tried the tennis ball trick but my kids kept playing with them when they were younger. The ball would always be wound up in the rafters. lol

Old Guy
10-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Put something over the hitch, some night you might come home and run into it. Its not if its when.

pOrk
10-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Use the tennis ball trick but hang it with a pulley and use 3 eye hooks, 2 over where the tennis ball will hang and one on the top of the garage door. When the garage door is open, tennis ball is down ready for you to park. When garage door is closed, tennis ball is up in the rafters out of the way. Works great, I use that for my wife in the winter time when I have all my toys packed into the garage for storage.

indyzmike
11-02-2013, 07:10 PM
I used a light beam across my garage door so the car would just clear the door. I used a surplus light curtain that turned on a little 15 watt light when the beam was broken. I would pull into the garage until the light went out. That left me the most room in front of my car to work on stuff. You could rig it up using LED lights and something like this.

http://www.smarthome.com/70422/Enforcer-Indoor-Outdoor-Wall-Mounted-Photoelectric-Beam-Sensor-with-35-Foot-Range-E-931-S35RRQ/p.aspx

kevcuda
11-02-2013, 07:59 PM
I have a cement block on the floor