PDA

View Full Version : Bone stock c7 corvette runs 11.6 @ 120!!

*SNOOP*
10-21-2013, 05:23 PM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-tech-performance/3361605-snorman-runs-1-4-in-11-6-120-in-c7-atco-nj.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFG...I_OLTYBfUgMHYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69P...I_OLTYBfUgMHYg

Josepy
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-tech-performance/3361605-snorman-runs-1-4-in-11-6-120-in-c7-atco-nj.html

Wow now that is impressive.

CannotPost
10-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Kinda neat and all but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCPoZlugAgo&feature=player_embedded

4600# Audi Runs 10.9 with a ecu flash.

NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE

*SNOOP*
10-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Kinda neat and all but:

NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE

The Audi is twin turbo, tuned and race fuel 685hp......... Wouldn't even be close if the c7 had the same setup.... lol... I will be showing you that real soon!! But yes, it is impressive and it should be for 115K

WhatsADSM
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
That's actually pretty impressive for a base model C7. Most impressed with that launch on those (not so wide) street tires!

P.S. The Audi comparison is silly.

Irish
10-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Very impressive!

CannotPost
10-22-2013, 11:16 AM
The Audi is twin turbo, tuned and race fuel 685hp......... Wouldn't even be close if the c7 had the same setup.... lol... I will be showing you that real soon!! But yes, it is impressive and it should be for 115K

The Audi is twin turbo from the factory. On pump gas STOCK is 11.9. Of course a built C7 would be faster. Im talkin bout a 10 second, full weight luxury auto! Did I say its 4600 pounds? Thats pretty awesome.

DNT H8
10-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Lovers: Impressive to say the least. BowTie finally came through...

Haters: For its weight, power (LT1), and cost it better run that. Wait till the 2015 Mustang comes out ; )

DNT H8
10-22-2013, 11:45 AM
CKF3t_D9Ta0

WhatsADSM
10-22-2013, 11:56 AM
The Audi is twin turbo from the factory. On pump gas STOCK is 11.9. Of course a built C7 would be faster. Im talkin bout a 10 second, full weight luxury auto! Did I say its 4600 pounds? Thats pretty awesome.

The S8 is badass, but the comparison is silly. No one cross shops a new S8 with a new Stingray. TOTALLY different cars.

Did you know that a F16 fighter jet can pull more lateral Gs than a vette?
How about the fact that the Tesla Model S gets 95 MPGe, compared to the Vette's mid 20s... and its 4600 pound, a full weight luxury auto!
A motorcycle can fit in parking spots 1/3 the length of the Vette.
A Bentley Flying Spur has more horsepower than a Vette and can seat twice as many people!

By my measures above a Corvette is a pretty poor handling, terrible fuel economy, large, impractical, low horsepower vehicle.

WhatsADSM
10-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Lovers: Impressive to say the least. BowTie finally came through...

Haters: For its weight, power (LT1), and cost it better run that. Wait till the 2015 Mustang comes out ; )

:rolleyes:
IMHO the Vette has been the benchmark for a true American sports car for some time.

I will say the S550 Mustang is poised to be awesome. I'm pretty much convinced its going to leap frog the Camaro (even the Alpha based one) in almost every way, and I even think it is going to make the Corvette sweat in its shoes. IMHO it will have a better bang-for-the-buck (value) sports car proposition than anything - including the Vette which has historically been amazing. What I worry about most is Ford's implementation of the IRS and chassis tuning. It hasn't been great in the past, but I know they have the knowledge and ability. The recent family (namely Focus and SRA Mustangs) are pretty good for what they are... so I have my fingers crossed :thumbsup

CannotPost
10-22-2013, 12:30 PM
The S8 is badass, but the comparison is silly. No one cross shops a new S8 with a new Stingray. TOTALLY different cars.

Did you know that a F16 fighter jet can pull more lateral Gs than a vette?
How about the fact that the Tesla Model S gets 95 MPGe, compared to the Vette's mid 20s... and its 4600 pound, a full weight luxury auto!
A motorcycle can fit in parking spots 1/3 the length of the Vette.
A Bentley Flying Spur has more horsepower than a Vette and can seat twice as many people!

By my measures above a Corvette is a pretty poor handling, terrible fuel economy, large, impractical, low horsepower vehicle.

Yes yes, The buyer for the Audi is not the same buyer for the Vette. The comparison is valid in the spirit of this thread, strictly comparing 1/4 mile times the cars are similar. No one has made any claims regarding lateral Gs, MPG, size or seating positions.

With many 'Impressive' comments about the Vette, I figure that Audi has to be very impressive too. This is just the S8 there is a number of Audi models sporting the new 4.0T engine.

Prince Valiant
10-22-2013, 12:49 PM
:rolleyes:
IMHO the Vette has been the benchmark for a true American sports car for some time.no, no, no...you see, the chevy FINALLY pulled through! FINALLY!

DNT H8
10-22-2013, 01:16 PM
I will say the S550 Mustang is poised to be awesome. I'm pretty much convinced its going to leap frog the Camaro (even the Alpha based one) in almost every way, and I even think it is going to make the Corvette sweat in its shoes. IMHO it will have a better bang-for-the-buck (value) sports car proposition than anything - including the Vette which has historically been amazing. What I worry about most is Ford's implementation of the IRS and chassis tuning
Couldn't of said it better... No matter which side of the fence your on, the anticipation of the S550 is being felt everywhere.

DNT H8
10-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Never mind I'll behave today...

*SNOOP*
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
They really have the auto transmission shifting down packed this time!!! Very fun to drive!!

GTSLOW
10-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Kinda neat and all but:

NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE

Master Yoda senses the troll is strong in this one.

nismodave
10-23-2013, 12:36 AM
No matter how good the S550 Mustang is, it will not be able to shake the uglies, if it looks like the pictures Ive seen of it.

spooln30
10-23-2013, 02:49 AM
I just seen one of these in person at a gas station coming back from the Crivitz area and imo they are UGLY! Well mostly the rear. Also they are still cheaply made like the C6/5 and 4. By cheap I mean materials and how they are assembled. The rear bumper can be pushed in a lot like the older ones. The interior was the only thing that looked better in quality but it reminds me of the MK4 Surpa dash. Chatted with the owner and he overall liked it but had some complaints. He said some of the interior trim pieces rattled and he also said it felt shifty driving over harsh roads. I kinda understood what he ment. The engines are great but I am not a fan of the leaf spring designed suspension they use. Such old engineering and don't know why GM couldn't come up with something better.
The QM time is impressive but I'm not a straight line kinda guy nor do I like cars that are common. Would I buy one if I was well off, never, would I drive one that was free, for a little bit then I would sell it and buy a GTR.

spooln30
10-23-2013, 02:54 AM
I also agree that Audi is way more impressive. It's 4600lbs so it's basically a Chevy truck. Lol.

Prince Valiant
10-23-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm not thinking the point of this thread was to establish what the most impressive thing in the world is...if so, none of these things would be on the list.

But a stock, automatic, pretty basic corvette running 11.6 @ 120 isn't too shabby at all.

*SNOOP*
10-23-2013, 01:32 PM
I just seen one of these in person at a gas station coming back from the Crivitz area and imo they are UGLY! Well mostly the rear. Also they are still cheaply made like the C6/5 and 4. By cheap I mean materials and how they are assembled. The rear bumper can be pushed in a lot like the older ones. The interior was the only thing that looked better in quality but it reminds me of the MK4 Surpa dash. Chatted with the owner and he overall liked it but had some complaints. He said some of the interior trim pieces rattled and he also said it felt shifty driving over harsh roads. I kinda understood what he ment. The engines are great but I am not a fan of the leaf spring designed suspension they use. Such old engineering and don't know why GM couldn't come up with something better.
The QM time is impressive but I'm not a straight line kinda guy nor do I like cars that are common. Would I buy one if I was well off, never, would I drive one that was free, for a little bit then I would sell it and buy a GTR.

I don't have any rattling in mine..... I think he needs to take that bad baby into the dealer!! I think this is my favorite car by FAR!! A little smaller than my 13 GS but my fat ass sure fits!!

Lash
10-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Funny how Ford always bases the standard of performance by what GM does......

Just sayin.

*SNOOP*
10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Videos Added!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFGRzbU4iU&list=UU4RP3waqvI_OLTYBfUgMHYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69PfqOBwLA&list=UU4RP3waqvI_OLTYBfUgMHYg

*SNOOP*
10-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Fuckin leaves off idle!!

WhatsADSM
10-23-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm not thinking the point of this thread was to establish what the most impressive thing in the world is...if so, none of these things would be on the list.

But a stock, automatic, pretty basic corvette running 11.6 @ 120 isn't too shabby at all.
EXACTLY! I find lots of things impressive, esspecially modified cars however that really doesn't mean anything in the context of a new C7 running a 11.67 1/4 mile time rock stock.

Was just at a track day that had some GM representation and saw the C7 as well. I do agree the rear end is ugly. I really don't know why they did such a change from previous generations... maybe I just need some time for it to grow on me I dunno. In any case I thought the rear end looked just as bad in the flesh as in pictures. The rest of the car looked a little better in the flesh.

However having sat in a few MK4 supras and the C7... The interior really isn't even close in terms of looks or quality in my eyes. The C7 is WAY WAY WAY better, its not even close. They feel multiple generations apart (which they are). The toyo may very well be screwed together better but the overall interior function, design, etc. is worlds apart. The "leafspring suspension" argument is a commonly mis-understood concept. It is a transverse leaf. It is not used because its "old" or "cheap" or anything of the sort. Its lighter than a spring over strut, its lower on the body for lower CG and also inherently acts as a sway bar. Its not like GM doesn't understand suspension or chassis design, they could easily substitute it for a standard spring over coil as in any of their other products but yet it stays. Its the same as the silly "its pushrod so it sucks" argument. GM uses that engine because it has EXTREMELY good power density, great reliability, lower CG, while still maintaining good fuel economy. It doesn't make a million horsepower per liter, but that's just a spec that has no real bearing in the real world, much like the "leafspring suspension" argument.

spooln30
10-24-2013, 01:03 AM
I said the look of the dash is similar and it is. Far as better quality interior than a Toyota from 93-98 IMO no but if you see it that's way that's fine. In fact it should be WAY WAY WAY WAY better than a 20 yr old Toyota. I sat in this guys vette and like I said the quality is way better than the C6/5 and its about time GM improved them. For years they've been producing vehicles with some of the cheapest interiors I've ever seen. I understand what the leaf is and how its used but IMO they could've engineered something different, they changed almost everything else. If it works why change it kinda thing.
Finally, I said the time was impressive for a stock auto but I'm not a 1/4 mile guy.
And yes he was taking his in for the things that bothered him.

Prince Valiant
10-24-2013, 08:41 AM
The 93-98 supra interior is about as high quality as a 93-98 camry...that's not saying that much actually.