PDA

View Full Version : West Bend Mutual - wifes car possibly totaled

PB86MCSS
10-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Anyone here have West Bend or better yet experience with a claim with West Bend? We switched to them in February upon buying our house and on Friday my wifes 04' Celica got smacked by someone rushing a red light in front of her (turning left, she was going straight). Shes ok but car isn't driveable and waiting for an adjuster to see it, I'm guessing totaled even though it looks like possibly only bolt on sheetmetal (hood, bumper cover, drivers fender, light, radiator surely and I'm sure some misc. pieces. Just wondering how they are with claims as far as giving proper value, buyback price possibly, etc. Might buy it back to repair if not automatically branded a salvage title and price is fair. She wants to keep it if possible, its in above average shape for a 2004 and most Celica's of that generation I see. Hoping we don't have to go back and forth much if at all for whats fair.

lilws6
10-13-2013, 11:16 AM
if the frame is straight in the front you should be good still

LIL EVO
10-13-2013, 12:33 PM
I have west bend. Had two claims, zero issues. One, some item fell out off a truck and cracked my bumper 04 ls430. They replaced the bumper and fog with Oem. Second I clipped the rear corner of a car in my 96 land cruiser. Needed a bumper, fender, lights, they paid no issues, all Oem parts. It came out to like $3500 all said and done.

Wagonbacker9
10-13-2013, 02:45 PM
I was paid off by someone else with it, they gave us private party excellent value +80 for our car. I tried to negotiate with em and they pretty much told me I was getting what I was getting.

PB86MCSS
10-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Until you sign theres room for negotiation, so I'm led to believe :D.

Glad they sound good to work with, the other drivers insurance should end up paying or most to them. I'm not sure if insurance pays out private party value or dealer? Or somewhere in between. Only Celica's I've found for sale at local dealers range from 5,900-8,800, the 8,800 one has almost the same miles too, heh.

Wagonbacker9
10-13-2013, 10:07 PM
If I wanted to negotiate I would have had to open a claim with my insurance, and seeing as I think their offer was quite reasonable I wasn't interested in the hassle, seeing as I could have ended up with the same money. I obviously TRIED to get more, but wasn't going to fight for it.

I'm told their payout depends on the car, and what valuation system that particular carrier uses.