PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe I did it...

Slow5oh
10-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Traded off the STi for a new toy. Wanted to go a different direction, that costs less to build. I have to say it feels good to be back in a rwd v8!

Putting down 497 rwhp and 467 ft/lbs

Stegemeier Stage 3 ported and polished blower.
BilletFlow 2.76 Blower Pulley (Black)
BilletFlow Idler Pulleys (Black) (4)
Gord's Intercooler w/Dual Fans
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Sub Frame Connectors
Mathis Brackets
BilletFlow IRS brace
K+N FIPK Air Intake w/S+B 10” Air Filter
SCT 2400 MAF
60 LB. Injectors
Kenne Bell Boost A Pump
Bassani X Pipe
Bassani Cat Back Exhaust
MGW shifter
H.I.D. Headlights
Raptor Shift Light
LDC Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit
LDC Grill Kit
LDC Hood Light
Redline Tuning Hood Struts
Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant and Fire Wall Adjuster

Just needs a detail from Yoosaf and good to go
http://i.imgur.com/jQmSr33.png
http://i.imgur.com/I7YEu9z.png

The original owner kept the manual/certificate, is there a way to get another one? Also curious if these cars are picky on fluids

SSDude
10-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Try this

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=FMC&Make=FRD&Model=MUST&Year=2011&Category=2&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=

jbiscuit
10-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Wow awesome trade! I'd say you did really well in that trade!

Slow5oh
10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks guys, it's a blast! Parts are so much cheaper too!

Prince Valiant
10-06-2013, 07:23 PM
like the color...

Silver86
10-06-2013, 08:25 PM
dude! hell of an upgrade!

GHOSST
10-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Nice. Notslow4pt6

-stew-
10-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Sexy.

blackmage
10-07-2013, 07:01 AM
mmm termi. as far as I know they're not picky, but run some good oil in the motor obviously :p

Feature Pony
10-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Nice, you can call ford to get another certificate, I believe it cost like $40 though. My 04 is at cmg right now getting detailed. You just missed the cruise for a cure which happens every oct in the dells, about 110 fords showed up even with the crappy weather, I would highly recommend going next year.

Nickerz
10-07-2013, 11:25 AM
I have Bassani mids and a Whipple 2.3 if you want to make that 600rwhp ;) PM if interested. Grats! Cars get a lot of attention from those in the know and are invisible to the rest of the population. Bikes seem to give the most props.

Slow5oh
10-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Awesome my buddy was there with his. Nickerz you have a pm!

DNT H8
10-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Congrats, nice to see more Mustangs on the board...

Josepy
10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
From a GM guy if I had to buy a stang it would be the 03-04 terminators. Nice ride.

Sent from the TAOTC

GHOSST
10-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Congrats, nice to see more Mustangs on the board...

Meh, always been that way for some reason, lets not go there. :)

Nickerz
10-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Your PM box is full good sir. PM me when it's clear again.

shawn
10-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Nice color.

0TransAm0
10-07-2013, 07:43 PM
I liked the sti better. But it's your car not mine.

Irish
10-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the 4V family! They are a very neat engine.

Mid length headers are ok.. If you are going to go through the trouble I wouldn't do it half-assed, I would recommend a nice set of Kooks (or what ever brand) full length headers.

Has the rear end been upgraded/changed?

Slow5oh
10-07-2013, 07:49 PM
it was swapped out at one point, but then swapped back to an 04 cobra rear end with 3:55s.

I want to do long tubes, off road x pipe, and slp lm2 cat back.

Irish
10-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Meh, always been that way for some reason, lets not go there. :)

Why not? It's car related.

GHOSST
10-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Why not? It's car related.

Why ask, it was a joke. I'm not the one dude.

CATNHAT
10-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Nice! Love the exhaust on the Termis! Yoosof wil make it look brand new!

Nickerz
10-07-2013, 10:34 PM
it was swapped out at one point, but then swapped back to an 04 cobra rear end with 3:55s.

I want to do long tubes, off road x pipe, and slp lm2 cat back.

So long as you're not going to drop it. I know I've been called out on being overly dramatic about it, but seriously my mid scraped on my driveway. ARP supposedly has a good set for lowered cars but they're like $1800. Gotta pay to play as usual.

Waver
10-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Nice car....as far as the headers, I would leave the mid length headers on for a few reasons....One, if you ever want to do trans work, you don't have to remove them when you drop the trans like you do with a long tube. Also, they don't hang down as low as a long tube. I don't think you are losing much of anything vs going with a long tube either....I like the ones that I have on my 2v......woke it up a little bit as far as the throttle response.

Irish
10-08-2013, 12:56 PM
woke it up a little bit as far as the throttle response.

And this is why you should have went with long tubes.

The only thing shorty's are good for is, facing forward ;)

DNT H8
10-08-2013, 02:42 PM
:rolf :headbang

Slow5oh
10-08-2013, 06:48 PM
test fit the wheels i ordered for the STi lol

Anyone want some 18x10 +38 RPF1s?
http://i.imgur.com/NMMLqy5.jpg

Reverend Cooper
10-08-2013, 08:25 PM
thank god you got rid of that gay car and got something cool

Slow5oh
10-08-2013, 09:32 PM
haha it's nice to have a car I can finally work on again.

I was gonna swing by and show you when I was in town, I'll have to next time.

Waver
10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
And this is why you should have went with long tubes.

I invite you to take a look at my car and tell me that my bassani "mids" are shortys....especially where the collector is. There was a horse power gain over the stockers, however an increase of 15 is nothing to brag about.

animal
10-09-2013, 01:04 PM
If I had a suggestion on the eaton modulars it would be to skip the headers. Always seems like you give up 20 across the curve to make 15 more up top. Shrug. Take the 1200 you would've spent on decent headers, and put it towards a twin screw like the one above :) They're more fun, and it looks like the car has all the supporting shit for it already.

Glad you stopped being a ricer. lol

Feature Pony
10-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Headers on these cobras are a waste of $$$ unless you have a 3.4 whipple with a built motor. The stock headers flow well, 90% of cobra owners just change the mid pipe and cat back.

Feature Pony
10-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Use that money to drop that 4x4!!! If your going to sell the ported blower let me know.

Slow5oh
10-09-2013, 03:55 PM
So off road x pipe and SLP lm2s got it.

Drop, wheels, tires, and exhaust are first on the list.

I'll definitely let you know about the blower!

Irish
10-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I invite you to take a look at my car and tell me that my bassani "mids" are shortys....especially where the collector is. There was a horse power gain over the stockers, however an increase of 15 is nothing to brag about.

Sure! Let me look at it, at the track. ;)

Irish
10-09-2013, 05:16 PM
I challenge all of you to re-examine your advice regrading long tubes. Quit focusing on peak numbers and pay attention to how much power is picked up mid-range, and through out the entire rpm band.

The one thing I will say is, the power that is gained from any header might not be worth it to you, if you have to pay someone to install them.

Waver
10-09-2013, 07:55 PM
I challenge all of you to re-examine your advice regrading long tubes. Quit focusing on peak numbers and pay attention to how much power is picked up mid-range, and through out the entire rpm band.

The one thing I will say is, the power that is gained from any header might not be worth it to you, if you have to pay someone to install them.

Is this another one of those bought not built arguments? None the less, I will admit, for the longest time I was talking trash about any header on a modular engine, saying that the gains wernt worth all the labor that you had to stick in to do them. Fact of the matter, since I installed them on my car, over all there is a good improvement. Throttle response, there is a noticeable torque increase, and yes, mid range the car feels stronger. So in that aspect, you are correct. Where you are wrong is saying the Bassani is half assing it, as there is a few advantages with going with the "mids" (which when assembled are the same legnth as a long tube, the collector ends about 5" shy of where the collector is in a long tube). The biggest advantages are you wont scrape up going into every parking lot with an incline, and the ability to service the transmission (clutch, flywheel, ect) with out having to remove the header like a long tube. At the same time, you see the same gains as you do with a long tube.

OP, if you do get the mids, make sure you have the bassani 5 peice mid pipe and not the 3 peice mid otherwise you have to modify it. If you are getting a great deal on them (I got mine for 500 vs 790 that other places were charging), then go for it.

Irish
10-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Is this another one of those bought not built arguments? None the less, I will admit, for the longest time I was talking trash about any header on a modular engine, saying that the gains wernt worth all the labor that you had to stick in to do them. Fact of the matter, since I installed them on my car, over all there is a good improvement. Throttle response, there is a noticeable torque increase, and yes, mid range the car feels stronger. So in that aspect, you are correct. Where you are wrong is saying the Bassani is half assing it, as there is a few advantages with going with the "mids" (which when assembled are the same legnth as a long tube, the collector ends about 5" shy of where the collector is in a long tube). The biggest advantages are you wont scrape up going into every parking lot with an incline, and the ability to service the transmission (clutch, flywheel, ect) with out having to remove the header like a long tube. At the same time, you see the same gains as you do with a long tube.

OP, if you do get the mids, make sure you have the bassani 5 peice mid pipe and not the 3 peice mid otherwise you have to modify it. If you are getting a great deal on them (I got mine for 500 vs 790 that other places were charging), then go for it.

See ya at the track.

Waver
10-10-2013, 09:17 AM
See ya at the track.

So you want to go on a day that you know I am working again lol

Irish
10-10-2013, 10:31 AM
So you want to go on a day that you know I am working again lol

Take it to PM or text. Quit trying to start a pissing match.

animal
10-10-2013, 01:17 PM
5 peice mid pipe

Leaving no less than 4 connection points in which to develop a ticking exhaust leak. :goof

peice

We'll add that to your list next to "vynal knofe" haha.

animal
10-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Add up the money, time, swearing, fighting exhaust leaks, and wishing you never started this project when you're in hour #12 without even one side done.... and compare it to the gains you'd see with a much easier twin screw upgrade. its no contest imo.

I did the upgrade myself, and I've done headers first hand on another FI svt car, and choosing between the two is no contest. Before and after was +15 PERCENT more hp and tq at the same boost and timing levels. And I did it for $2k with a used blower that bolts right up. Decent headers alone would've costed me 1100-1300 on the same application and been worth only a few percent. I've never once driven my truck and thought, "man, this would be sooo much cooler if I still had the heaton and some leaky headers on here".

I stick to my previous thought: skip the headers.

Waver
10-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Lol animal. Yes headers are a pain in the ass and come nowhere the gains of changing out the blower. I am not going to disagree with you on that. Oh and bassani considers the 2 band clamps for each side as part of their "5" piece modular x pipe.

How many words has that list gotten to btw?