PDA

View Full Version : Where to by Vinyl Sheets/Rolls

PonyKiller87
10-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Are there any local places that sell vinyl for wraping car parts?

I was looking on ebay at black chrome to do some wheels and rockers on the truck. But I want to see the stuff first before I drop $300 on a bunch of it.

Flicktitty
10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
http://www.nglantz.com/MilwaukeeSignSupplies.html has some sign Vinyl, My fiance does alot of vinyl work. She might have a few black chrome scrap pieces she could give you, the black chrome isn't very bendable/shapeable don't think you will be able to wrap anything.

you can message her on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/AxisRacing Or email her at AxisRacingWi@gmail.com and tell her your from BCM and tell her what you might need.

PonyKiller87
10-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Thats another reason I was hoping to find a local place that knows this stuff. On YouTube they show guys forming this stuff around all kinds of crazy stuff using a heat gun. I don't have anything that hard to cover but there are some bends in it. My bigger concern is how it holds up to the weather and special cleaning requirements. Some of the chrome ones say they require a second wrap of clear over it, others don't. Some say any wax is fine, others so anything but carnuba... Just a lot of questions i want to answer before I go buying a bunch and spending the time to put it on the truck.

Any idea how well it repells the snow? I'm debating wrapping my plow with blue chrome, thinking the snow will slide off really easy vs sticking to it like it does with tractor enamal paint.

Flicktitty
10-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Thats another reason I was hoping to find a local place that knows this stuff. On YouTube they show guys forming this stuff around all kinds of crazy stuff using a heat gun. I don't have anything that hard to cover but there are some bends in it. My bigger concern is how it holds up to the weather and special cleaning requirements. Some of the chrome ones say they require a second wrap of clear over it, others don't. Some say any wax is fine, others so anything but carnuba... Just a lot of questions i want to answer before I go buying a bunch and spending the time to put it on the truck.

Any idea how well it repells the snow? I'm debating wrapping my plow with blue chrome, thinking the snow will slide off really easy vs sticking to it like it does with tractor enamal paint.

To be honest, i'm not too up on my vinyl, I know she was considering wrapping her wheels in vinyl then it turned out to be a huge time factory and the non wrapping vinyl doesn't work very well on curves and edges.