PDA

View Full Version : Fuck a jeep, get the audi hah

blackmage
10-03-2013, 08:58 AM
lame videos.. we got bored and were trying to see what could climb this hill next to my buddies place, apparently the wagon can.

http://youtu.be/LCCT3uNGln4

blackmage
10-03-2013, 08:58 AM
and with the traction control turned off.

http://youtu.be/02GYa3kq27o

Prince Valiant
10-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Hilarious...I've always gotten a kick of "off-roading" (not that there is too many real off-roading trails around here) vehicles that really weren't meant to off-road. When I had my Compass, I always wanted to see how far I could take it down the pipeline before getting stuck...got rid of it before getting a chance.

blackmage
10-03-2013, 10:28 AM
hah well it is an audi allroad, so maybe a little offroad capable.. like gravel and stuff :p

Rocket Power
10-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Was this on audizine? I know I saw that vid earlier today. Looking at getting an allroad myself. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GHOSST
10-03-2013, 07:37 PM
You are a true Wisconsinite, almost sound Canadian, lol.

blackmage
10-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Was this on audizine? I know I saw that vid earlier today. Looking at getting an allroad myself. Lol

yea it was. got any questions about em let me know :)

spooln30
10-04-2013, 10:24 PM
I could've made it up that hill easy with my Legacy but only with my Outback winter rim and tire set up. They lift my car over 2 inches. LOL. I've driven up hills higher then this one and made it with no problems. What's with the AWD system, don't they have LSD diffs? When I went hill climbing with the Subaru all four of my wheels would spin. I don't have any Trac control. Nice try though.

blackmage
10-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I could've made it up that hill easy with my Legacy but only with my Outback winter rim and tire set up. They lift my car over 2 inches. LOL. I've driven up hills higher then this one and made it with no problems. What's with the AWD system, don't they have LSD diffs? When I went hill climbing with the Subaru all four of my wheels would spin. I don't have any Trac control. Nice try though.

pretty sure the subies have LSD front and rear dont they? The AR's dont. I did make it up the hill with my summer tires, just had to turn my traction control off, then high centered on my exhaust. oh well. im not trying to do any hardcore off roading, this was just seeing what it could do/couldnt do.

Rocket Power
10-05-2013, 07:00 PM
yea it was. got any questions about em let me know :)

Looks like we're picking up the new to us allroad on Wednesday. :D
Do you have the 2.7T engine?

spooln30
10-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Yeah my Legacy GT has LSD front and rear. I know you weren't going balls out. The hill I went up didn't take much effort on my Subbys part and my exhaust also bottomed out. LOL. Being its a Legacy GT my ground clearance is low to start and I probably wouldn't go up any more hills again. Just wanted to see if it would, like you.

blackmage
10-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Looks like we're picking up the new to us allroad on Wednesday. :D
Do you have the 2.7T engine?

Nice congrats! you are going to love the car! I do have the 2.7. how many miles? still have the air suspension? 6spd or tip?

Yeah my Legacy GT has LSD front and rear. I know you weren't going balls out. The hill I went up didn't take much effort on my Subbys part and my exhaust also bottomed out. LOL. Being its a Legacy GT my ground clearance is low to start and I probably wouldn't go up any more hills again. Just wanted to see if it would, like you.

i miss my buddies legacy gt... such nice cars. almost bought a silver spec b down near pewaukee last summer. any mods on the lgt?

Rocket Power
10-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Nice congrats! you are going to love the car! I do have the 2.7. how many miles? still have the air suspension? 6spd or tip?

134,000. Still has air, new front bags and compressor. Tip trans, wish it was a 6 speed but can't have everything. Lol. It looks like most common issues and maintenance have been taken care of. New torque conv, timing belt,water pump, valve cover gaskets, etc. have been done.

blackmage
10-07-2013, 10:49 AM
problem solved ;)
http://audis4parts.com/audi-a6-tip-to-6-speed-transmission-conversion-swap-kit/

yea thats quite a bit of maint done, should be a solid car!

blackmage
10-07-2013, 12:40 PM
shit, i just ran across this Mod, after i just spent $500 on Hotchkis sway bars for the audi.. looks like i'll be spending a few more $$

http://youtu.be/GTs2Bby4pEs

Rocket Power
10-10-2013, 05:23 PM
I love my new to me allroad. My wife is using it as her daily, and now I want another for me to daily. Lol. So comfortable. After driving the Audi I got in my SuperCrew and the seats felt as comfortable as a park bench.

spooln30
10-11-2013, 01:09 AM
My LGT isn't a 05+, it's a 99. One day I'll swap in a turbo engine. For now just a 175 HP NA. It's super light for a AWD car. At the scales it weighed 3120 with a 1/2 tank ot gas. Probably could get it under 3k. I still love this gens looks but I do like the 05+ too.

blackmage
10-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I love my new to me allroad. My wife is using it as her daily, and now I want another for me to daily. Lol. So comfortable. After driving the Audi I got in my SuperCrew and the seats felt as comfortable as a park bench.

i picked up mom moms silverado to do an oil change, and gave her the AR for the day, it was hard getting it back from her! lol this car has definitely spoiled me..

My LGT isn't a 05+, it's a 99. One day I'll swap in a turbo engine. For now just a 175 HP NA. It's super light for a AWD car. At the scales it weighed 3120 with a 1/2 tank ot gas. Probably could get it under 3k. I still love this gens looks but I do like the 05+ too.

ah gotcha! still not a bad car, and like you i still love the look of that gen as well!