PDA

View Full Version : God Rocks

2006wrxtr
09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
...I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread. - Psalm 37:25 NIV

Guys, I know that there are tons of us on this site, with various religious backgrounds and beliefs, but I want to share just how good the God I serve is.

This has been a rough patch these last several months - I've been unemployed since the end of January, and haven't really found anything to replace my last job yet. What did happen, was that everything lined up so that I could go back to nursing school. Since then, I've watched time after time, as God has molded and shaped the situations in my life at just the right time, in just the right way, that everything has worked out. School is progressing well, and I look forward to my first clinicals in October. I also just began the classes to begin the process of becoming a licensed minister - Gonna be a busy semester, but I'm looking forward to all of it!

No job, no financial aid - sounds pretty desperate, right? From a temporal perspective, absolutely! Again, I've watched God handle things so that my needs are met, bills are paid, and there's food, electricity, and even a good running, comfortable car to drive. I'm also surrounded by folks that love and support me, that I had no clue even existed a couple of years ago.

No job, means no health insurance - I've been to the Dr. ONCE since my benefits expired, and the shingles cleared themselves up on their own! I have aches and pains, and get sore from this or that, but you know what, my blood pressure is fine, and no major issues to speak of. Most of my aches and pains are self- induced, lol.

I'm also working on something new, work-wise that should be PHENOMENAL, and cover all my costs, plus school, but it takes time, and God is still working out the details. For now, I'd say I'm more content that I've been in a long time. There isn't millions in the bank, the fox is still on jackstands, but life is good all the same. http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif All in due time, lol.

I say all that to say this - if you're a Christian, and you're struggling with faith, worry, or doubt. take solace in the scripture above, and countless more in the Bible that speak of God's Love, Grace, Mercy, Provision and Faithfulness. Feel free to message or call/text me at 662 four1eight 0615 anytime, day or night, and I'll be happy to talk with you, pray with/for you, and anything else I can do to help you through whatever your situation is. I don't have all the answers, but I KNOW someone who DOES!

If you aren't, and you'd like to learn more about living without fear of tomorrow, peace beyond words, and knowing where you're headed, feel free to use the information above to contact me, and I'll be happy to help any way I can. If you aren't, and don't care, or have something ugly to say - I love you anyway, and so does He!

Guys and Gals, enjoy life, but remember the ONE who gave it to you!

-Michael

STANMAN
09-19-2013, 07:48 PM
He is the God of grace, and never gives us more than we can handle, as hard as that is to believe sometimes. That's why it's called faith, any mine has never waned, good times or bad. Bless Him, and blessings to you brother!

Myles
09-19-2013, 08:10 PM
There is alot i want to say in this thread. But I am pretty sure none of you would be able to handle it very well.

So enjoy your sky jesus.

DNT H8
09-19-2013, 08:18 PM
I enjoyed your post... thanks for sharing.

British_Ben
09-19-2013, 08:29 PM
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8282&d=1379640519

STANMAN
09-19-2013, 09:24 PM
There is alot i want to say in this thread. But I am pretty sure none of you would be able to handle it very well.

So enjoy your sky jesus.

Is sky Jesus related to Joseph Smith Jesus?

michelle
09-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Wow, this thread sure brought out some lurkers quick!

-stew-
09-19-2013, 09:36 PM

So enjoy your sky jesus.

I hope you enjoy your faith based belief system as well!

Myles
09-19-2013, 10:01 PM
regardless of your faith, believing in a sky jesus is pretty silly

88Nightmare
09-19-2013, 10:31 PM
How do you find the time to continue to cobblefuck that subaru?

wikked
09-20-2013, 01:03 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4489771520/hAF1A07CC/

Mr Twigbert
09-20-2013, 07:09 AM
<~~~~~~~~ Atheist

2006wrxtr
09-20-2013, 07:56 AM
I am just passing this along, just a coincidence the guys name is Mike.

STANMAN
09-20-2013, 07:58 AM
regardless of your faith, believing in a sky jesus is pretty silly

But believing that Joseph Smith was a modern day (if the early to mid 1800's is modern day......everything is relative) sky jesus type apostle is ____________________?

Myles
09-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Stanman, are you trying to get into a religious debate with me about Mormonism and Christianity?

Lets quickly go over this so its not a problem in the future. I was born Mormon, stopped going to church around 16, became an atheist due to the fact that there is just way too much bullshit in any religions when it comes to tolerance of anyone and the fact that people sound retarded when talking about it. I mean seriously, science. Technically I am Mormon due to records in the church stating that I am a member. Since I have not been excommunicated I am considered inactive. So if you think that you are going to get anywhere with that aside from this response, you won't.

Now remember kids, before you go an bash other peoples religion, make sure your own doesn't say things like slavery is ok, or if your neighbors are working on sunday that you can kill them. Also may want to look into the whole most religions based from the middle east share common mythos thing. Strange that many years before christ there sure was alot of christ like gods/people out there.

WickedSix
09-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Joseph Smith was a prophet.... not Jesus.... The Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints has a living prophet... I believe it is Munson now.

STANMAN
09-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Stanman, are you trying to get into a religious debate with me about Mormonism and Christianity?

Lets quickly go over this so its not a problem in the future. I was born Mormon, stopped going to church around 16, became an atheist due to the fact that there is just way too much bullshit in any religions when it comes to tolerance of anyone and the fact that people sound retarded when talking about it. I mean seriously, science. Technically I am Mormon due to records in the church stating that I am a member. Since I have not been excommunicated I am considered inactive. So if you think that you are going to get anywhere with that aside from this response, you won't.

Now remember kids, before you go an bash other peoples religion, make sure your own doesn't say things like slavery is ok, or if your neighbors are working on sunday that you can kill them. Also may want to look into the whole most religions based from the middle east share common mythos thing. Strange that many years before christ there sure was alot of christ like gods/people out there.

No, I was just asking your opinion as a person who has Mormon roots. I think it's odd that you choose to mention "sky jesus" continually when there's other religions that are closer to home for you that you could mention.

And Pat, I know about Joseph Smith, and the Mormon faith, I was just ribbing Myles about Mormonism. He likes that sort of thing.

Myles
09-20-2013, 08:49 AM
No, I was just asking your opinion as a person who has Mormon roots. I think it's odd that you choose to mention "sky jesus" continually when there's other religions that are closer to home for you that you could mention.

And Pat, I know about Joseph Smith, and the Mormon faith, I was just ribbing Myles about Mormonism. He likes that sort of thing.

The problem is Jesus is Jesus is Jesus regardless of religion. Interpretation of teachings is what differs between the religions. So me saying sky Jesus, I mean everyone's sky Jesus. Cept for Xenu, he is obviously a sky Xenu.

STANMAN
09-20-2013, 10:51 AM
There's no sky Muhammad? Or the sky L. Ron Hubbard?

I miss you Myles, a conversation is never boring with you around, and your ability to take it as well as you give it is refreshing.

WickedSix
09-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Father, the son, and the holy ghost.... one in the same or three seperate entities?

animal
09-20-2013, 11:27 AM
:popcorn

I was in rural Tennessee recently... there sure are some straaaaange churches down in them thar' hills.

Does the OP worship sky Sherwin Williams who covers the earth with his love?

:goof

STANMAN
09-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Father, the son, and the holy ghost.... one in the same or three seperate entities?

Seperate.

-stew-
09-20-2013, 12:57 PM
became an atheist due to the fact that there is just way too much bullshit in any religions when it comes to tolerance of anyone and the fact that people sound retarded when talking about it. I mean seriously, science.

I find the entire idea of "tolerance" laughable and insulting. Fuck anyone that says I need to "tolerate " and "accept" any and all manner of idiots, assholes, perverts, pedophiles, unmoral behaviors and abominations of humanity. In this world there is right and wrong. "Tolerance" has blurred this line and the world is not a better place for it. "Transgender" bathrooms for seven year olds? Get the fuck out of here. Any parent that would take their child to a doctor and ask for hormones because johnny wants to be Julie, those parents should be jailed. Along with the doctor. And people shout "but tolerance! " fuck that.

And they old atheist cry of "muh sciences prove everything!" Nope. Wrong. Science still can't answer where life came from. I'm still waiting for Darwin to show me a giraffe that died because its neck was short. There are way too many holes in the THEORY of evolution for me to buy it. That and the fact that all the people that preach Darwinian theory, don't want it to play out and interfere with it by trying to save all these near extinct species. That and the sheer diversity of life on this planet. I just don't buy it that all this different life came from one cell, all by accident. I think its foolish to believe there wasn't some form of higher power moving things along.

Myles
09-20-2013, 01:55 PM
lol....

STANMAN
09-20-2013, 01:58 PM
I find the entire idea of "tolerance" laughable and insulting. Fuck anyone that says I need to "tolerate " and "accept" any and all manner of idiots, assholes, perverts, pedophiles, unmoral behaviors and abominations of humanity. In this world there is right and wrong. "Tolerance" has blurred this line and the world is not a better place for it. "Transgender" bathrooms for seven year olds? Get the fuck out of here. Any parent that would take their child to a doctor and ask for hormones because johnny wants to be Julie, those parents should be jailed. Along with the doctor. And people shout "but tolerance! " fuck that.

And they old atheist cry of "muh sciences prove everything!" Nope. Wrong. Science still can't answer where life came from. I'm still waiting for Darwin to show me a giraffe that died because its neck was short. There are way too many holes in the THEORY of evolution for me to buy it. That and the fact that all the people that preach Darwinian theory, don't want it to play out and interfere with it by trying to save all these near extinct species. That and the sheer diversity of life on this planet. I just don't buy it that all this different life came from one cell, all by accident. I think its foolish to believe there wasn't some form of higher power moving things along.

This.

SSDude
09-20-2013, 02:01 PM

Nice!

CannotPost
09-20-2013, 02:18 PM

I find this post untolerable...
http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

Myles
09-20-2013, 02:27 PM
I find this post untolerable...
http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

This.

British_Ben
09-20-2013, 02:28 PM

So what religion do you align yourself with having said that? Off the top of my head Islam is the least tolerant religion I can think of.

You don't understand evolution or the scientific method. Science does not claim to have all the answers. Science is a constant quest for answers. Believing a 2000 year old book to contain all the answers of the universe is the foolish belief to have.

STANMAN
09-20-2013, 04:58 PM
It's foolish to have faith in someone who loved you and I so much that He died on the cross for our sins? Even if you don't "believe" Jesus is who he said he is there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that Jesus was a real person and selflessly (there was nothing in it for him but death) died on the cross stating that believing in Him would make us sinless in the eyes of his father. I think it is pretty cool that someone loved us so much before we were even born that he was willingly crucified. THAT is someone I can believe in!!!!

Lash
09-20-2013, 06:55 PM
This should end well.........

Nix
09-20-2013, 07:06 PM
The fuck? It's only september 20th. It's not january 18th 2014. This is a thread for the dead of winter.

It is great entertainment though so please continue on.

Sent from my Junk LG Optimus Prime

WickedSix
09-20-2013, 08:21 PM
No story passed through that many cultures, translations, and writers and remained unchanged. Jesus could have been akmed for crying out loud. I understand reading a book and garnering a life lesson from it. Taking the text so literally seems a bit foolish. If it was simply a story to help people to seek to be their best self is that awful? And if it is all true and you come to meet your maker wtf kind of a good God would he be if he didnt love his childeren despite any perceived thoughts or differences? Sounds a bit more like a devil then..cruel and unfeeling

nismodave
09-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Funny how a post to proclaim something positive turns into worthless debate.

I feel sorry for many members on here.

88Nightmare
09-21-2013, 12:48 AM
science isn't the answer. it's the search for answers. challenging the status quo is bound to be met with negative criticism. remember elementary school, when you learned how Columbus was a jackass for claiming the world was NOT flat?

Is it not interesting that one's religion can generally be dictated by the geographical location of their birth/raising? Oh you were born in England? You are most likely protestant. Ireland? Probably catholic. Tibet? Buddhist. Iraq? Muslim. Regardless of what you believe now, you are not born a believer. Religion is learned; it is taught to you. How can so many different religions exist yet they call claim to be THE ONE? I understand that catholic/christians recognize that a person who does not accept god as their lord and savior will be condemned to hell... but what if that person has accepted allah as their lord and savior, does that catholic/christian person still believe the muslim is going to hell?

The more I read and learn about the aspects of comparative religion, the less I believe about them. Simple as that. I don't need anyone to feel sorry about me for not believing in their god. One does not need god to live a moral and wholesome life.

CannotPost
09-21-2013, 02:52 AM
science isn't the answer. it's the search for answers. challenging the status quo is bound to be met with negative criticism. remember elementary school, when you learned how Columbus was a jackass for claiming the world was NOT flat?

Is it not interesting that one's religion can generally be dictated by the geographical location of their birth/raising? Oh you were born in England? You are most likely protestant. Ireland? Probably catholic. Tibet? Buddhist. Iraq? Muslim. Regardless of what you believe now, you are not born a believer. Religion is learned; it is taught to you. How can so many different religions exist yet they call claim to be THE ONE? I understand that catholic/christians recognize that a person who does not accept god as their lord and savior will be condemned to hell... but what if that person has accepted allah as their lord and savior, does that catholic/christian person still believe the muslim is going to hell?

The more I read and learn about the aspects of comparative religion, the less I believe about them. Simple as that. I don't need anyone to feel sorry about me for not believing in their god. One does not need god to live a moral and wholesome life.

Qft

pOrk
09-21-2013, 05:37 AM
Lol at the righteous. All men are equal, except for the fags. Down with the fags! Right Christians?

I'm with the morman on this one

Prince Valiant
09-21-2013, 08:09 AM
remember elementary school, when you learned how Columbus was a jackass for claiming the world was NOT flat?Myth. Most reasonably, educated europeans and virtually all sailors knew the earth was round long long long before Columbus's voyage...this had even been known before the time of Christ.

88Nightmare
09-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Myth. Most reasonably, educated europeans and virtually all sailors knew the earth was round long long long before Columbus's voyage...this had even been known before the time of Christ.

Regardless. It doesn't make my point any less than before. Challenging any status quo is frequently met with some sort of animosity. I do find it ironic this is all you pulled out of my quote to challenge :D

Prince Valiant
09-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Regardless. It doesn't make my point any less than before. Challenging any status quo is frequently met with some sort of animosity. I do find it ironic this is all you pulled out of my quote to challenge :DThere's no irony...I really and truly don't care what people think about this subject. The OP is just doing what he does anyways...trolling on the cheap...

But, if one is seeking to argue something is a myth, then it's simply bad form to cite a myth in support of said argument ;)

88Nightmare
09-21-2013, 10:03 AM
There's no irony...I really and truly don't care what people think about this subject. The OP is just doing what he does anyways...trolling on the cheap...

But, if one is seeking to argue something is a myth, then it's simply bad form to cite a myth in support of said argument ;)

valid points. even still... you knew what I was getting at, you just like to ruffle feathers :)

JOHN 86GT
09-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Watching Snake Salvation... I hate snakes.

wrath
09-22-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty sure my dog considers me god. Completely unexplained I provide food and shelter to him. Sometimes I allow good things to happen to him (put up a dog fence) and sometimes I allow bad things to happen to him (run over his squeaky tennis ball with the lawnmower).

WhatsADSM
09-22-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure my dog considers me god. Completely unexplained I provide food and shelter to him. Sometimes I allow good things to happen to him (put up a dog fence) and sometimes I allow bad things to happen to him (run over his squeaky tennis ball with the lawnmower).
:rolf:rolf:rolf

DNT H8
09-23-2013, 10:18 AM

100% on point....

I find it funny how the nay sayers start praying like a whore in Church once they or a loved are in a hospital bed about to meet their "maker". lol

wrath
09-23-2013, 07:52 PM
I find it funny how the nay sayers start praying like a whore in Church once they or a loved are in a hospital bed about to meet their "maker". lol

Three things you'll never hear an old person say:
I wish I watched more TV.
I wish I slept more.
I wish I spent more time in church.

Al
09-23-2013, 09:21 PM
<~~~~~~~~ Atheist

I sorta feel as if I'm heading that way sometimes.

Can you be both a father and a son at the same time?

-stew-
09-24-2013, 06:13 AM
All fathers are sons.

Al
09-24-2013, 09:58 AM
All fathers are sons.

Yep!

Reverend Cooper
09-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I love my God,for what its worth I just hope everyone else has their ducks in a row,i would like to see you in heaven so i can verbally assault and phyusically assault you as needed. That is all.

Nickerz
09-25-2013, 05:51 PM
I love my God,for what its worth I just hope everyone else has their ducks in a row,i would like to see you in heaven so i can verbally assault and phyusically assault you as needed. That is all.

According to those that believe, such a thing is not possible. There is no free will in heaven.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

-stew-
09-25-2013, 07:49 PM
According to those that believe, such a thing is not possible. There is no free will in heaven.

According to whom that believe what?

Prince Valiant
09-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Such a silly thought...theologically speaking, there would have to be free-will in heaven; how does one think Lucifer, who at one time was God's top angel, became "fallen"? His personal desire for power, to supplant God from his throne, to have other angels worship him.

It is said that there is free-will in heaven, however one who is deemed righteous enough to enter heaven would therefore choose an honorous "loving path" rather than sin.

bikedad
09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
lol! Well put.

Nickerz
09-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Such a silly thought...theologically speaking, there would have to be free-will in heaven; how does one think Lucifer, who at one time was God's top angel, became "fallen"? His personal desire for power, to supplant God from his throne, to have other angels worship him.

It is said that there is free-will in heaven, however one who is deemed righteous enough to enter heaven would therefore choose an honorous "loving path" rather than sin.

If there is only one right path, then there is no free will. Besides the fact that on a practical level it fails. With free will there would be evil in "heaven," even if it was limited.

Not to mention if "heaven" was compromised entirely of people devoid of any urge to "sin" essentially 99.9999999% of people would be going to "hell." There would be 10 people with labotomies.

Even the most devout sin, if even accidentally.

Philosophers have long acknowledged that no free will exists in the concept of "heaven."

WickedSix
09-26-2013, 10:55 AM
philosophers have also considered whether we have any free will at all in life.... and whether we exist at all....and the case of God as the Uber Toifel...

CannotPost
09-26-2013, 11:20 AM

I often think this "Heaven" would be my "Hell".

Prince Valiant
09-26-2013, 11:33 AM
STOP THE PRESSES!!! Wait...how come it isn't first page headlines that philosophers questioned free-will or reality?!??!?? :goof
Actually, I'm surprised that there wasn't a newsflash about the philosophical consensus :rolf

Whether we are dealing with a mythical story or reality of a heaven, the fall of Lucifer and his minions would prove Nickerz both wrong and correct.

Wrong in the continued belief that there would be no free-will in heaven, and right that there could be evil in heaven. About whether or not there are people in heaven with their Lab's removed, I digress....I'm not even sure if we're talking the dog or a scientific lab?!?

There is nothing in Christian theology that teaches that anyone is free from, or the urge to sin. Instead, in Christian conception, everyone is a sinner regardless, so your erroneous belief that only those devoid of any "urge" to sin would go to heaven is but a poorly propped straw-man; even Jesus was tempted to sin, and was himself born a sinner. Various Christian denominations disagree with the how's or why's one gets into heaven, but all mainstream Christian churches universally accept the sinfullness of those who would get in.

The problem would be to view choices in an overly manicheistic paradigm of simply "good" or "evil" be they in heaven or earth, or the belief that one would continue with an earthly conscience once in heaven without growth or enlightenment.

bikedad
09-26-2013, 02:05 PM
The road is narrow means there is nothing anyone can do as far as acts or good behavior that will get you into heaven. You could be the nicest person in existence and want nothing but good will towards all humanity but, we are all still sinners. Adam made sure of that.
The path is a choice you make. You either believe Jesus died for forgiveness of our sins or you don't. Yes or No.
That is Gods stipulation according to the Bible.
I'm an imperfect christian but a christian nonetheless. I believe with childlike faith in the Bible.
Coop put it simply but precisely. I also hope to see everyone there where I'm going. :shades

STANMAN
09-26-2013, 02:42 PM
The road is narrow means there is nothing anyone can do as far as acts or good behavior that will get you into heaven. You could be the nicest person in existence and want nothing but good will towards all humanity but, we are all still sinners. Adam made sure of that.
The path is a choice you make. You either believe Jesus died for forgiveness of our sins or you don't. Yes or No.
That is Gods stipulation according to the Bible.
I'm an imperfect christian but a christian nonetheless. I believe with childlike faith in the Bible.
I also hope to see everyone there where I'm going. :shades

This.

Lash
09-26-2013, 05:00 PM
X2 ^

pOrk
09-27-2013, 04:38 AM
Ok, so if a gay guy or gal believes Jesus died for their sins does he or she go to heaven? Cause he loves everyone equally, yes?

Prince Valiant
09-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Ok, so if a gay guy or gal believes Jesus died for their sins does he or she go to heaven? Cause he loves everyone equally, yes?Again, depends on the faith one ascribes to accord ones belief as to how one enters heaven...

For some faiths, salvation comes only from accepting Jesus as your savior. Other faiths postulate that it is only God's/Jesus's grace that saves regardless of what one believes about God or Jesus. And there are faiths that accord salvation somewhere seemingly in between and features components of good works...Jehovah's witnesses believe only 144,000 of the true faith (ostensibly them) will enter heaven.

Some, but certainly not all, Christian denominations hold a concept of "mortal sin" which would be acts that condemn a person to hell *IF* unforgiven or without seeking forgiveness, and most of these *do not* hold that homosexuality as such a mortal sin, but rather a "grave sin" (IE, I know catholics consider it as such), and certainly not a barrier to entering into heaven.

bikedad
09-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Ok, so if a gay guy or gal believes Jesus died for their sins does he or she go to heaven? Cause he loves everyone equally, yes?
Short answer; Yes
Longer answer; all sin is equal. There is no grey zone or one sin worse than others. If you believe Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice for all sin then you will be saved. The narrow path.
It really is that simple. It can be diagnosed to the nth degree but it all comes down to that.

lordairgtar
10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Nam myo ho rengye kyo

Lash
10-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Really.....