PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Mustangs can do it all.... ; )

DNT H8
09-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Well to enhance the lack of actual automotive topics on this board figured I'd share some vids lol.

One week she went to a SCCA solo event and the next to GLD, it also serves as my DD, and all runs where on crappy hankook all seasons.

First run was 80 seconds to get a feel for the track, after 5 runs got her down to 61 seconds. With some real tires and seat time she could hold her own in the 50's.

Forgive the drunk camera lady lol
oVgxrtJD01E
http://youtu.be/oVgxrtJD01E

Once again crappy tires hold her back... she has been a best of 12.6 and 115 mph trap on the hankooks w a 2.1/2.0 60

skip to 1:14 after the burnout if you dont wanna wait
GtoK2Bj297Y
http://youtu.be/GtoK2Bj297Y

Not to shabby for a Minimal bolt on car, paxton on order for the winter project. Excited :headbang

Josepy
09-17-2013, 08:59 AM
fixed your youtube videos. Can't use the whole link.

DNT H8
09-17-2013, 09:15 AM
thank you!! I couldnt figure how to embed them

Josepy
09-17-2013, 09:49 AM
thank you!! I couldnt figure how to embed them

Ughh you changed them back. I will fix again,

Irish
09-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Everyone knows that modulars are slow ;)

WhatsADSM
09-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Yea new ones are pretty nice.

Wait for the 2015 should be REALLY good!

Flicktitty
09-18-2013, 12:30 AM
I must say, i have a huge soft spot for the 2011 + 5.0 Mustangs. Whats done to the car as it sits now?

DNT H8
09-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Wait for the 2015 should be REALLY good!
Yes... smaller, lighter, new platform, IRS im not sold on

Whats done to the car as it sits now?
Motor - CAI and Tune
Exhaust - Off road H (cat delete) and axle back muffs
Trans - barton 2 post bracket
Susp - Koni yellow shocks/struts and steeda ultra light springs
Oh and a raptor shift light to help hit the 7200 shift points ; )

Thats it... and like i said above a Paxton planned for next summer to help keep the temptation of a 15' away lol

Poncho
09-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Yes... smaller, lighter, new platform, IRS im not sold on

Motor - CAI and Tune
Exhaust - Off road H (cat delete) and axle back muffs
Trans - barton 2 post bracket
Susp - Koni yellow shocks/struts and steeda ultra light springs
Oh and a raptor shift light to help hit the 7200 shift points ; )

Thats it... and like i said above a Paxton planned for next summer to help keep the temptation of a 15' away lol

Factory shift light not bright enough for ya? How do you like that spring/damper combo? I have a brembo car, so I already had better valved dampers from the factory and I use the FRPP K-Springs, and sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out on a better matched combo. I've been thinking for a while of switching at least to the Koni Yellows.

DNT H8
09-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Factory shift light not bright enough for ya? How do you like that spring/damper combo? I have a brembo car, so I already had better valved dampers from the factory and I use the FRPP K-Springs, and sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out on a better matched combo. I've been thinking for a while of switching at least to the Koni Yellows.

I have a base car so no factory light, besides I hear they have a bad delay? I love the combo its actually smoother than factory (bumps etc) car feels like its on rails. I have a brembo car as well; but word is the factory dampeners cant sustain lower springs for long. I would say you are missing out cause the yellows make lowing springs and the driving experience feel amazing, and the adjustability is pimp. Yellows have been on a sale for past few months.Im not sure on the yellows with K springs, but I know with steeda sports or ultra lights its a proven superior combo.

This is who I buy my suspension stuff from, and Im not seeing yellows. Wonder if they are not avail?

http://www.stranoparts.com/

Poncho
09-19-2013, 11:10 PM
yeah, Sam is amazing, been really helpful to me. I don't really see a delay, but rev limiter was bumped to 7200 so i'm still getting that 7k shift light. Change is planned, dampers, wheels, etc.

My torq thrusts are actually contacting the inner fender wells with the car lowered as such, since the offset is so aggressive. I plan to change to the Niche Milan soon.

animal
09-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Did you run it at the strip before the mods?

Still never took mine there. Mufflers and snow tires are the only thing I did :goof

spooln30
09-23-2013, 08:30 PM
No offense but I really hate cone dodging. LOL. Be nice is Autobahn was closer to Milw. or if someone would build a similar track here in WI. I know RA and raced there plenty but another one wouldn't hurt.

DNT H8
09-24-2013, 05:34 AM
No animal I didn't... What do you end up getting you never said.

That cone dodging was pretty fun though lol, it really helps you know your car on a different level.

spooln30
09-24-2013, 10:09 PM
^ Autocross will for sure advance a novice drivers skills while like you said get to know your car.

animal
10-01-2013, 07:45 AM
No animal I didn't... What do you end up getting you never said.

I got a 12 base model GT 2 years ago. No bells nor whistles. Fun car in the snow :)

Poncho
10-15-2013, 01:08 AM
I got a 12 base model GT 2 years ago. No bells nor whistles. Fun car in the snow :)

as long as you don't have the BBP tires, it's great in the snow.

One time we had snow last year, was the only time it didn't get driven. Not expecting miracles form the Toyo Proxes 4Plus on it now on the 20's, as they are horrid in the rain.

Highly considering getting something cheap like some 18" GT4's or something for winter wheels if we do end up moving outta here.

animal
10-15-2013, 07:14 AM
I have actual snow tires for it, they work awesome.

DNT H8
10-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Dynoed the slut today
401hp 392tq
mods in sig
Needed a solid baseline to compare to for this winters plans. :devil

C8YIKOAf33E

DurtyKurty
10-16-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm Jelly. I need to get me one of these.

DNT H8
10-16-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm Jelly. I need to get me one of these.
It was a pleasure meeting you, and I highly encourage taking the plunge : )

animal
10-16-2013, 09:42 AM
2nd that encouragement. They get even better when its -10* outside lol.

Kinda curious how the tune changes the drive by wire throttle response. One of the things that makes the snow tires bite better is quick modulation of the gas pedal on and off (t/c disabled). This one, stock, doesn't want the engine rpm to change quickly in first gear. So modulating the gas pedal only makes you stay spinning more because the revs don't come down quickly in gear. Curious if a tune would fix this for me and make the car act more like my 04 in that respect. Does your tune have throttle changes done? I assume all non stock tunes correct the blades to match the pedal at all times.

Also, do you get wheel hop on your car? Mine, especially in rain, gets a nasty ass wheel hop to it both with t/c on and off (and also with advancetrac disabled). Ugh.

animal
10-16-2013, 09:45 AM
BTW, a cheap alternative to the $70 rear decklid blackout panel is black plastidip. Mine turned out really nice for about $1.50. Did the little stock lip spoiler too. Just adds a nice touch and its cheap way to "try before you buy", so to speak.

Irish
10-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Mmm modular. Very decent numbers for a stock as a rock engine.

DNT H8
10-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Curious if a tune would fix this for me and make the car act more like my 04 in that respect. Does your tune have throttle changes done? I assume all non stock tunes correct the blades to match the pedal at all times.
Also, do you get wheel hop on your car? Mine, especially in rain, gets a nasty ass wheel hop to it both with t/c on and off (and also with advancetrac disabled). Ugh.
You can request that in the tune yes. You could have a 93 performance, drag, and winter tune of sorts. It's only $250 if you already have the SCT tuner.
I had bad wheel hop stock. After the mods in my sig not a peep of it after. And I have not touched the control arms, most guys loose it once lowered, some just do arms.

DNT H8
10-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Mmm modular. Very decent numbers for a stock as a rock engine.
Lol roger.... I'd like to take all the credit, but gotta give it to Ford!

animal
10-16-2013, 01:47 PM
You can request that in the tune yes. You could have a 93 performance, drag, and winter tune of sorts. It's only $250 if you already have the SCT tuner.
I had bad wheel hop stock. After the mods in my sig not a peep of it after. And I have not touched the control arms, most guys loose it once lowered, some just do arms.

I wonder if there is other ways to stop the hop. I don't want to lower the car, I want the clearance for deep snow and I have about as big of a snow tire as I'd want to go :)

I have a tuner but not for this car... I wonder if canned tunes on a purchased tuner would allow me to keep EVERYTHING except the drive by wire part stock. I like the car exactly where its at now power wise.

From my experiences in the past, it never keeps everything stock when you change just one thing.