PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Court Washington County

STANMAN
09-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Anyone have any luck with a traffic court lawyer for Washington County? Wife got an illegal passing on right ticket.

Ricky Bobby
09-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Really they actually hand out tickets for that shit..

Sorry I've had shitty luck out there with courts on tickets

WI_Dave
09-04-2013, 01:27 PM
I went to Washington county to fight a no tag ticket, state trooper didn't bring my case papers so it got dropped.

lordairgtar
09-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Not too many get away with traffic stuff. Best thing is to talk to County or city attorney before you see judge. Usually the best one can do is try and ask for a non point violation with same fine assessment. They are wanting the money at that point although the officer may have been concerned about safety. This is what I do and I never had to get points assessed.

SSmike1
09-06-2013, 12:53 PM
either, pay a lawyer to get you a zero points ticket,...
or do as lordairguitar suggests, ask to see the city attorney. go their early, and beg the city attorney.
if the city attorney does not cut you slack, plead NOT Guilty, and you will get a court date.
they will schedule a pre-trial to try to settle before it really goes to jurty trial... they are much more willing to barter then!
as long as you please not guilty, you always can still hire an attorney.

Not too many get away with traffic stuff. Best thing is to talk to County or city attorney before you see judge. Usually the best one can do is try and ask for a non point violation with same fine assessment. They are wanting the money at that point although the officer may have been concerned about safety. This is what I do and I never had to get points assessed.

Irish
09-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Or you could fight it, win, and pay nothing.

SSmike1
09-09-2013, 12:03 PM
most of the time, like 90%, the MUNI - judge will side with the cop in court, and then you pay, you are judged guilty. You have to take it to County Court, by pleading not guilty in muni court, and asking for a jury trial. I do not reccomend you go to County Court without a lawyer. just my opinion.
I HAVE gone to my Muni-Courts many times, and saw the CITY Attorney, and begged for a ZERO points ticket, and told him i have the cash in my pocket to pay the full price of the ticket. Only one time out of 12, have they rejected that offer. I also have gone to jury trail at County Court with a lawyer, and every time they cut a deal.

SSmike1
09-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Question,...
did a Sherrif write the ticket, or a city cop?

the ONLY way it is illegal passing on the right, is IF your cars tires leave the pavement.
EX. on a two lane road with a gravel sholder, there is a car stopped to turn left, and you go around it on the right, BUT you have to leave the pavement to do so.
THAT IS ILLEGAL in WI.

Other scenario, NOT Illegal, is some roads are 4 lane roads, but there is a white line painted outlining the CURB Lane.
you CAN cross this white line, 1. to make right turns, and 2. to go around a stopped car.

IF that is what she did, the cop incorrectly wrote the ticket. that is not illegal passing on the right.
PM me if ya want to know more...

Wagonbacker9
09-09-2013, 02:37 PM
It is also illegal to pass on the right, if you can smash into a parked car. Ask me how I know! lol

Nickerz
09-09-2013, 10:25 PM
I can highly recommend Basil Loeb, who I believe advertised on this forum long ago or still does. That guy will do the absolute best to win your case. I was looking at possibly HTO, and he got me suspended for ONE DAY. I was looking at a year possibly.