PDA

View Full Version : Slinger Sunday Night Spectator Race Sept 8th

bikedad
08-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Sooooo, I was talking to a guy at the car show at Kettle Moraine Church this last weekend. His name is Al Roberts
He has a pretty cool Chevy C10 pickup that's murdered out.

It seems he races it at Slinger Speedway in the spectator race after all the other races are done.
He wants me to enter into the last race of the season September 8th with the RX7 and try to get anyone else in the club to come out.
It sounds like it could be a good time. He really wants a good showing of cars to make it competitive and eventful for the last race of the season.
I told him I was skeptical because I don't want to be trading paint with anyone. He said that more than likely wouldn't happen. lol
You only do 2 laps per session until your beaten or win. I think he said the winnings are $150 or something like that.

I used to do this when I was a wee little wipper snapper of 19 back in the late seventies. :) I didn't know they still did this out there.

Anyone else interested in doing this?

Wagonbacker9
08-28-2013, 02:31 PM
My sister's boyfriend runs there, and he said there are a couple guys who basically try to intimidate their opponent into not racing because they'll smash your shit... thats stopped me from thinking about it.

Josepy
08-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah I would not do it. Some people drive like real dicks and do not care about your car or smashing it up.

bikedad
08-28-2013, 02:48 PM
My sister's boyfriend runs there, and he said there are a couple guys who basically try to intimidate their opponent into not racing because they'll smash your shit... thats stopped me from thinking about it.
I guess that was my concern. Al said there aren't too many cars that come out there for spectator night. He seems like a pretty nice guy but I guess you can't expect everyone else to be decent.
If I would have won I would actually have bought a round of beers for all the racers who participated. ($150 doesn't go that far)

You make me rethink this.....

Ricky Bobby
08-28-2013, 03:03 PM
I met him at the gas station with that trunk real nice guy talked to him for like half hour about the races. If my tank would take a corner i would think about it but i have seen corvettes put into the wall or loose it and hit the wall. Have also seen people that dont like so and so and will hit u into the wall or just hit ya, if i had a quicker shit box i would take it out there but nothing i care about.

Irish
08-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Would not enter a car that I liked.

WickedSix
08-28-2013, 04:06 PM
First time I went was a camaro vs bmw iirc the camaro was inside got loose and took them both into the wall.... depends too much on the other driver knowing their limits... dont take something nice out there to die...

73MACH
08-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Pretty much what these guys are saying. I've been to Slinger maybe 10 times in the past 10 years and at least 7 of those times, a spectators vehicle was crashed, either at the fault of their own or the other driver. Seen a new 'vette at the time hit one of the inside light poles a few years back.

awsomeears
08-28-2013, 07:01 PM
shit.... my straight axle is a handful driving straight let alone drive in circles.

Would be funny

-stew-
08-28-2013, 07:18 PM
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?43917-Brutal-race-between-blazer-and-jeep-srt-8&highlight=srt8

Video being discussed...

xZw29SsJ5YU

bikedad
08-28-2013, 10:10 PM
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?43917-Brutal-race-between-blazer-and-jeep-srt-8&highlight=srt8

Video being discussed...

xZw29SsJ5YU

Pretty much clinches it. Not taking my car out there.

BTW, if that would have happened to me I would be waiting for the driver of that white S10 in the pits. He would need his winnings to pay for his hospital bill.

awsomeears
08-28-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm not one to assume but it looks as if the white suv did that on purpose, cranking the wheel off the starting line and riding into him full throttle. There has to be more info on these Fuck tards?

Prince Valiant
08-29-2013, 07:07 AM
That vid may have been "atypical" somewhat as there was bad blood b/w the drivers before the race....even the "typcial" races seem a little harsh...12+ min but a couple crashes and enough close calls to keep it entertaining...

yLP1DfM5fkk#t=605

Wagonbacker9
08-29-2013, 08:50 AM
That full size chevy drifting was pretty impressive...

Ricky Bobby
08-29-2013, 09:18 AM
dude could handle that big truck

Feature Pony
08-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Pretty much clinches it. Not taking my car out there.

BTW, if that would have happened to me I would be waiting for the driver of that white S10 in the pits. He would need his winnings to pay for his hospital bill.

That guy wouldn't even make it to the hospital, you would be calling the funeral home to pick his a$$ up!! Heck it's not even my jeep, and watching that video makes me want to kick the s10 drivers a$$!!

stealthy1ss
08-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I will drive anyones vehicle and if I win I will give you the $150!

lilws6
08-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I watched the one with the trucks too was awesome watching dude flip his ranger. but that work truck was moving sideways!