PDA

View Full Version : 1975 Glastron Crestflite 165HP Mercruiser IO - $400

Moparjim
08-26-2013, 01:49 PM
1975 Glastron Crestflite 165HP Mercruiser IO - $400 (Wind Lake)
Nice condition 1975 Glastron Crestflite 19' seats for 6, closed bow, 165HP Mercruiser (Chevy 250 straight 6 basically) IO with a Mercruiser pre Alpha drive. Part and props and everything are cheap and plentiful. Seats have been recovered fairly recently, I have had the boat 3-4 years and it has been a cheap great fun boat for tubing skiing or just cruising around the lake. Also comes with a nice Shoreliner roller trailer.

Only downside really is it appears to have blown a head gasket last Saturday. It still starts, runs decent but it has water in the oil and is leaking watery oil. Runs good enough that only reason I noticed it was opening the cover for a routine check of the oil... I am assuming a head gasket set for this straight 6 is super cheap, and the engine is very accessable should be an easy enough job for anyone of moderate mechanical skill.

Only reason I am selling rather than fixing is that I have been contemplating getting a jet boat for Wind Lake anyways since it is so weedy and shallow, as well as upgrading to something newer as well. So this seems to be the motivator I needed to pull the trigger on a newer boat!

Boat is in the water currently, can be heard run and briefly test driven I do not want to run it much with the oil the way it is...

The $400 or offer I am asking is probably what the trailer is worth let alone the boat in parts even...Would be a great deal for someone with the time to fix. Probably an easy $1000-1500 boat minus the head gasket issue...

Moparjim
08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
P.S. This is the exact same boat the bad guys chase James Bond around in during the movie Live and Let Die.....YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!

michelle
08-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Pictures? My neighbor is a big boat guy.

Prince Valiant
08-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Wish I had the time and space....I imagine it moves fairly smartly with 165hp....

Moparjim
08-26-2013, 04:12 PM
I dont have any pics I have to get out there to take some.... It is as described basically its a white, 1975, standard looking closed v hull boat. It is actually in really good shape for a forty year old boat it is dirty since i leave it in the water all summer but it doesnt have any damage or anything like that and the interior was redone at some point like 5-10 years ago so the seats and carpet and everything is all in nice shape. The trailer is a nice newer roller type trailer as well, has some rust etc on it but it tows perfect and with the rollers its easy to launch and retrieve the thing. Since myself and the previous owner both left it on the lake all summer for the last decade or so the trailer has gone less than a mile to and from the boat launch once per year and to my house one in awhile when i had to work on the boat...

Russ Jerome
08-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Those are great boats, here it is in action assuming it was mandatory 1975 Red:
http://www.classicglastron.com/james-bond-jump-100dpi.JPG

Jim, on your next rig my Bueller Turbocraft with Hamilton jet hated Pewaukee's weeds, new boats may be different.

Moparjim
08-26-2013, 09:14 PM
I think that pic is the Glastron Bond is in, the smaller sportier outboard... This one is an I/O with six seats 2 in the back facing forward on either side of the engine, and then the driver and passenger side ones are 4 seats back to back if that description makes sense so driver, passenger, then 2 facing backwards. The back to back seats also fold open there is storage underneath, and they fold/flop out to make basically small "beds". kinda like this _/\_ becomes this ____.

Moparjim
08-26-2013, 09:16 PM
I am told a jet would be good its more shallow is the problem but yeah its also weedy.... Chrysler made a Conqueror SIII with a 340 IO or a jet I really want to find a NICE one of those....Otherwise the 440 powered jet "short shredder" that has been on Craigslist and someone on here posted it is down to $4500 getting closer to a price I could afford...

Moparjim
08-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Not to junk up my own thread but I would consider trades as well for well anything interesting its not like I need the $400 real bad - guns, anything motorized, neat, antique, I dunno just about anything of comparable value that would be interesting to me and that I dont have to store in a garage all winter then have to fix in the spring ;)

Korndogg
08-26-2013, 09:19 PM
I have a 83 kawasaki you can fix whenever you want. Doesn't have to be in the spring... :p

Korndogg
08-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Or possibly an sks. Not sure what kind of gun you are looking for.

BoosTT
08-27-2013, 10:20 AM
1. The boat seems like a great deal. If I had the space I would pick it up.

2. You are nuts for wanting a jet boat for Windlake! I took my jetskis on Windlake two weekends ago and it’s one of the worst lakes for jet skiing. I would estimate I needed to unclog the weeds from the intake grate 3-6 times PER HOUR. This requires you getting in the nasty weedy section of the lake, climbing under the craft to reach and pull the weeds out. Besides this, the weeds are hard on the jet drives. I’m sure it took a toll on my wear rings. Jet drives are awesome for shallow water, but horrible in weedy areas. This is why you do not see too many jet boats around.

Ricky Bobby
08-27-2013, 10:28 AM
^^agree 100% if its a weedy lake steer clear of jet anything, will burn stuff up also a ski is a pain to clean but I bet a boat would really suck in the middle of the lake.

Wish I had the room I woulda picked it up ASAP

jbiscuit
08-27-2013, 02:17 PM
This is a great deal for a killer boat! Surprised it isn't sold yet! My old neighbor in Stallis had two of these, very cool boats

Moparjim
08-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Damn I was thinking one of those cool looking Sea Doo or something like 4 seater jet things would be real cool cause they are small, really shallow draft...

Korndogg
08-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Or possibly an sks. Not sure what kind of gun you are looking for.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/korndogg03/9183aff3.jpg

:D

Moparjim
08-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Hrrmmm I got out of the whole AK/SKS 7.62 deal a few years ago, sold my AK and 2 SKS that I had once ARs became so popular and in so many configurations...

I might be interested though, give me a bit to see if any cash comes around, if not I may take you up on the trade I really just want the boat out of my hair....

Korndogg
08-27-2013, 10:53 PM
No problem. I was just trying to think of stuff to trade. I don't really have a whole lot to trade other than the sks and the kawi lol. I would just pay you the $400 if I had it. Obviously I would want to see it before anything though.

The only thing that scares me with the boat is if it's not a headgasket and something more serious. I don't mind doing a headgasket but I don't really want to get into anything more serious than that.

I do have two older jet skis (95 and 96 I believe, I would have to double check). One runs and the other one has a blown engine.

Either way, let me know.

Moparjim
08-28-2013, 10:54 AM
I am fairly certain it is the head gasket, since I used the boat several times in July with no issues, and even now it still runs pretty good. It definitely has water in the oil and blowby it is coming out of the breather. I dont see how it is possible that one would crack a big old cast iron block or head... It wasnt overheated or anything, I just noticed it idling a bit rough and a little bit lower oil pressure than I thought was normal so I popped the cover to chwck the oil and was surprised to find the classic milkshake going on...

Moparjim
08-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Alsom in general I take real good care of my stuff so I have keot up with fixing up little things, this spring did all the fluids including the lower unit, cap rotor plugs wires etc. the thing is real decent other than the current issue.

Moparjim
08-28-2013, 10:58 AM
you know what if your interested give me a call and come take a look 414 339 5614 if you decide its soemthing you want I am sure we can figure out a deal of some sort.

Korndogg
08-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Ok I'll let you know thanks. I just want to double check that I actually have a spot to put it before I even waste anyone's time.

Ricky Bobby
08-28-2013, 03:11 PM
lmk when u get it mark if ya do ill come give ya a hand, I want the boat but have no space to put it locally so its out for me.

Korndogg
08-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Just figured I would throw this in here instead of bothering you with a phone call. If it's still available next week, I would like to take a look. I'm not going to be around this weekend but I would definitely still like to look at it.

Moparjim
08-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Sounds good, Jason from on here came and looked at it tonight and if his storage, vice presidential approval, etc all work out he may be taking it off my hands. If its still here next week I can show it just about any evening Tues-Friday...

wrath
08-29-2013, 08:37 PM
What does the trailer look like? I'd need it to make it quite a few miles. Some pictures would help. I don't have enough tires in my yard so I think I need this so I have more to fill up. A boat would be a nice thing to go with it especially since I can pawn it off on my Dad to fix.

Moparjim
08-29-2013, 08:50 PM
It has a nice, newer Shorelander trailer with rollers, bearing buddys, etc. Trailer is probably worth the $400!

Moparjim
08-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Still for sale, I will be out there Sunday partying if anyone wants to come see.

Korndogg
08-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Fack, I'm not coming home until Monday. :/ lol

BoosTT
08-30-2013, 07:45 AM
How did a $400 boat not sell yet?

Ricky Bobby
08-30-2013, 11:14 AM
gonna go with space issues i have the cash just no space..

Moparjim
08-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Well I will be around next week too Korndogg just hit me up

jbiscuit
08-30-2013, 02:09 PM
This boat should be gone by now for sure!

73MACH
08-30-2013, 11:56 PM
It's worth the 400 for sure, unfortunately for me, my wife wasn't on board with it. GLWS Jim!

LIL EVO
08-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Pics may convince me to buy it

Moparjim
09-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Sold it Sunday!